Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

connecting mp3 player to car sterio via USB

Options
  • 05-03-2008 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, If this is in the wrong section please move.

I have a Creative zen vision M Mp3 player and this aldi radio

It works perfectly for everything other than connecting my MP3 player via usb, I connect up my MP3 player, play a song select the usb option on the radio, nothing happens for a few seconds (no sound, nothing) then it defaults back to the radio.

It has me stumped, I've checked the settings of the mp3 player theres no settings to enable audio out through usb or simular and the manual of the radio is no help either. I know the mp3 player is seeing the radio as it starts to charge when it connects.. Any help appreciated.

wisesmurf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

The radio will only pick up the mass storage on the ZEN....Just like plugging in the ZEN to a PC without the Creative software installed. Same goes for IPOD's e.t.c

If you plug in a USB stick or 2.5 inch hard drive it will pick up all the folders on the Stick/drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Thanks man.

Is there any way to get it to read the songs from the usb like a docking station would i.e. just channel the sound like some firmware or whatnot.

The sterio has an aux in also so there is an alternative, I just dont want to have too many cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

dont think the radio recives audio through the usb if ya know what i mean ... but as you said just use the audio port

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Thx again.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Digitaljunkie

You can get an adaptor for an iPod around €60 quite small runs on an FM signal basically if the adaptor is set for example at 109.7 then you simply tune your car radio to the same frequency and it picks up your iPod wirelessly its the biz. Had it running on 4 cars in the pub car park last week just to test it

Dj.

• Advertisement
Advertisement