Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest disapointment of 2007 nominations

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The continuing lack of good games for the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Eddie-B

the way many multi platform games (mostly ea games) came out much later on ps3, STUPID MADDEN CRAZE HAD RUN OUT BY THE TIME IT CAME OUT FOR PS3!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

PES2008.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Final Fantasy XII

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

ASSassin's creed. What a pile of horse disease.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭prod_igy

Assassins Creed

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Assassins Creed. One most repetive games Ive played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mrkiscool

yeah gotta say assains creed
    not what i expected at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Wow... no one has said Halo 3...

I thought it was bit of a shambles... I thought the first 2 were entertaining to a point, but the third one felt incredibly dull... I still haven't bothered playing the last level.

I played it through on co-op with my brother about a week ago and thought very much the same thing. It wasn't a sci-fi space-opera epic like reviews tried to convince me, it was just "something to do". After the first hour (and the one level just before you meet the flood) in the first one, I found Halo to be unbelievably average, not at all deserving of the praise and hype it's generated. Now, I suspected all this going into the 3rd game too, so that wasn't exactly disappointing. It was a decent enough shooter, in its way, but no great shakes. And the vehicles still handle like pregnant ducks on valium.

The ending, however, was just about the worst thing I have ever seen, even allowing for my low expectations. It's like Michael Bay, Stephen Spielberg and Uwe Boll got together and cobbled out a script while watching their worst ever films on a really bad acid trip. There's no excuse for something that poor, there just isn't.

Yes, yes, it's revolutionised multiplayer or something. I don't bloody care. My point is that if you're going to claim mighty sci-fi epic, the ending to a series should not be the gaming equivalent to waking up to find yourself naked in a bed with Rosanne with a ball-gag in your mouth.

So, er, yeah, Halo 3 for the single most disappointing ending to a game ever. I was more fulfilled with the single screen ending to Shadow Of The Beast back in 1990. I think I still am.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sarky wrote: »
    Yes, yes, it's revolutionised multiplayer or something.

It hasn't. There's more people playing it on xbox live than any other game that's all. It's basically Halo 2 in prettier clothes and even Halo 2 felt like a third rate Quake clone circa 1998. CoD4 and TF2 among others make a mockery of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Halo 3 wasnt revolutionary, but it was a solid sequel to Halo 2, which is really all it was meant to be. Same gameplay fans of the series enjoy with lots of new stuff to keep them happy.

Of course the term 'revolutionary' is thrown about a lot these days, with most new big games claiming to be revolutionary in some regard. People seem more interested in games having these "revolutionary" gimmics rather than them being solid well designed games.

I nominate the Playstation 3. It doesnt matter how they spin the figures, they're being hammered hard an the future doesnt look very bright just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

bioshock.

probably would of been halo3 if i liked the halo series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

Halo 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It hasn't. There's more people playing it on xbox live than any other game that's all. It's basically Halo 2 in prettier clothes and even Halo 2 felt like a third rate Quake clone circa 1998. CoD4 and TF2 among others make a mockery of it.

In fairness, between the Forge and the video recording stuff, I thought it brought some really great features to the table that I haven't really seen supported as standard in a game before.

Just a pity they were tacked onto such poor core gameplay. I have hopes they'll become industry standard features though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thought Forge was an atrocious excuse for not having a proper level editor included. It's not like it couldn't be done since farcry instincts had a fantastic levle editor on the original xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Playstation 3.

I bought it and sold it after six weeks.

The PS exclusive games are disappointing and the online software is poor, poor, poor. It's much harder to get a good online game going than on Xbox Live and, considering how much stuff Sony has in its catalogue, PSN is curiously devoid of good content. They make great bones about it being free, but in reality there is nothing on it worth paying for, yet.

On a personal level, I didn't like the controller - the new L2 R2 buttons felt wrong and there was no rumble. And, it seems like Sony don't seem to give a toss about Europe. We pay the most for their products and we get them last. And now it seems Sony are releasing downgraded versions of the system while their rivals are upgrading theirs!

It's quite a reversal to see both XBox and Nintendo beating Sony. Even their top executives have admitted it has been a disappointing year.

I'm sure things will pick up for it though. The PS3 has got a great Blueray player in there, a format which seems to be winning. And this is Sony after all. They do make great hardware.

How different it all looked this time last year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Pes 2008

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Crysis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

another vote for crysis.
    other then the harbour level and the tank level in the valley it was a pretty crap game... (with nice graphics :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

SWOS on Xbox Live Arcade. Sucked balls

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement