Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing inventions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

why not just print a glow in the dark map on the back of the ticket thats stamped showin where the seat is

once you have found your seat you can place it face down thus eliminating the glow and inconvienience to other patrons who found their correct seats in time

Hmmm, could be tricky. Especially seeing as I don't know anything about technology.

Also, people want others to know they've arrived in the cinema. If your seat isn't going to emit a blinding light perhaps patrons could be given megaphones on entering so they can announce to others that they've made it. This could revolutionise the cinema going experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Some sort of a clippable mat that can be attached to the bottom of mugs to stop coffee stains being left of tables would be handy.

I have come up with a great invention that is needed, basically it is foldable legs that attach to a surf board which can then act as a ironing board. Think about it, your heading off on a surfing weekend and naturally you don't think of bring an ironing board with you, but nightmare, all you're clothes are all creased and you have a hot date tonight. Don't worry though because with my "Surf Board Legs" you can easily attach them to your board and iron away. I will make millions :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Some small capacitor-based device linked to car horns as standard that will give people minor electric shocks. The power of the shock increases the more the horn is used.

So a "quick warning bip" will just tickle, while "leaning on the horn for five minutes becasue you're in a hurry and the guy in front of you didn't break the red lights so now you're stuck here" will cause convulsions.

The charge disspiates over time, so using it properly once every couple of hours will be fine.

Actually, now that I think of it, a similar device should be used in Iarnrod Eireann drivers compartments. Linked to GPS and a clock, the more the train is late, the more of a shock the driver gets. See if they actually do get 96% punctuality then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Lord of the cards... one card that controls them all. I would call it the mastercard but the name is already gone.

I'm sick of having to carry multiple keys, cash & coins and all those cards. My wallet has numerous bank/credit cards, health insurance card, drivers license, movie rental card, train/bus card, etc. Why can't we just have 1 card that contains all this data, memory is not a problem these days and there are now even cards with numeric pads built into them for PINS. Just swipe the card to get into your apt, use the card to start your car, show the card at the doctors, use the card for paying everything, etc, less hassle, less chance of fraud!

I have come up with a great invention that is needed, basically it is foldable legs that attach to a surf board which can then act as a ironing board.

That's exactly the kind of radical thinking this thread needs. You and I should team up and take our ideas on Dragon's Den.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

Stretchy oven gloves !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Earthhorse wrote: »
    That's exactly the kind of radical thinking this thread needs. You and I should team up and take our ideas on Dragon's Den.

That's the spirit, I say we aim for the Australian market first and take it from there. I was just thinking that as well as an ironing board it could also act as a table. The possibilities are endless...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

jester77 wrote: »
    Why can't we just have 1 card that contains all this data, memory is not a problem these days and there are now even cards with numeric pads built into them for PINS. Just swipe the card to get into your apt, use the card to start your car, show the card at the doctors, use the card for paying everything, etc, less hassle, less chance of fraud!

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea, but it has a fatal flaw i think. I mean when someone will find the way to copy it - and someone will - then they have access to your whole life. I wouldn't like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

jergam wrote: »
    Stretchy oven gloves !!

Really? How big are your hands?

That's the spirit, I say we aim for the Australian market first and take it from there. I was just thinking that as well as an ironing board it could also act as a table. The possibilities are endless...

And make the surfboard be a snowboard at the same time. Whole new market opening for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

ojewriej wrote: »
    Yeah, that sounds like a good idea, but it has a fatal flaw i think. I mean when someone will find the way to copy it - and someone will - then they have access to your whole life. I wouldn't like that.

Good solid encryption would sort that out!

• Advertisement

jester77 wrote: »
    Good solid encryption would sort that out!
    With tha access code written on a post-it note stuck on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

froosh69 wrote: »
    how the **** has "Jurrasic Park" not become a reality yet?
    they show you how to do it in the movie.
    somethin about frogs and insects caught in tree sap...

Wasn't it Frogs and Insects having sex with tree sap? Or maybe they were having sex IN tree sap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭halfinch

a dog washer......like a car wash...you put your dog, presuming he is quiet big and he goes through a few diff cycles.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

halfinch wrote: »
    a dog washer......like a car wash...you put your dog, presuming he is quiet big and he goes through a few diff cycles.....

its already done my dear!! you obv dont be listening to me ha!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

Really? How big are your hands?

QUOTE]

eh no, the bit in the middle of the hand bits should be stretchy :p

And make the surfboard be a snowboard at the same time. Whole new market opening for you.

Attach wheels and it becomes a skateborad. Set fire to it and it's like a torch. It's the object of a million uses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

a pill to cure baldness :rolleyes:

Lay your trousers on it with the pockets open and you can use it as a snooker table.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

There is already a patent for an ironing board that doubles as a table, stepladder and breadboard. Maybe we can combine these into a table, stepladder, breadboard and surfboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

A wallet with a GPS chip in it, so you can track it down if you lose it, would have been useful last week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭BendiBus

A replacement for the drivers airbag system. Instead of an airbag, in the event of a crash a big spike will shoot out from the steering wheel and pin your skull to the headrest. Guaranteed to reduce speeding (would you risk a spiky death?) and will save millions of lives!

BendiBus wrote: »
    A replacement for the drivers airbag system. Instead of an airbag, in the event of a crash a big spike will shoot out from the steering wheel and pin your skull to the headrest. Guaranteed to reduce speeding (would you risk a spiky death?) and will save millions of lives!

Thats actually what used to happen more or less, before the invention of collaspable steering columns .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

cant see me spring for it as an extra over the CD player or aircon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

and i thought boards came up with some stupid inventions. Linky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭spinaltap

Non talking taxi drivers......... just dreaming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Senna wrote: »
    Lights bulbs that last forever. Its defiantly possible and wouldn't cost a fortune. (the answer given by bulb companies) but if they sell a bulb that lasts for ever, they'll go out of business.
    My father installed a bulb outside one of his sheds while it was being built in 1970. It was switched on every night for a couple of hours, and was still lighting up in 1990! I don't know when it eventually blew, but 20 years of service was excellent to say the least!

kelle wrote: »
    My father installed a bulb outside one of his sheds while it was being built in 1970. It was switched on every night for a couple of hours, and was still lighting up in 1990! I don't know when it eventually blew, but 20 years of service was excellent to say the least!
    How about this one http://www.roadsideamerica.com/set/lightbulbs.html
    Approx 100 years and still going! http://www.centennialbulb.org/photos.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

spinaltap wrote: »
    Non talking taxi drivers......... just dreaming

I'd take talking over smelling any day:eek:

Oh and for new one pending... a MODbuster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

those toilets that they have in Japan that basically wipe and clean your ass for you after taking a ****. seriously why aren't they the standard?

Cos there a bit *.*** :D

Na there actually crap, i used one in japan and it had 27 different buttons, like wtf who needs that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

shopping bags with satellite navigation that walk around behind you

and they are installed with beartraps to ward off thieves

Advertisement