Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner Table baby food!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

ryanairzer wrote: »
    Babies aren't second class citizens.
    Yes they are. They don't have the right to drink, smoke, drive, vote etc.

In any case, while I don't really give a shít either way, I don't see why, when we have laws and societal expectations regarding exposing oneself, that an exception should be made simply because a mother is breastfeeding.

Going to the toilet has an equally valid case for being called "the most natural thing in the world", yet most toilet facilities are isolated and private. Something being natural does not necessarily mean that society is obliged to witness it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

oleras wrote: »
    So is having a dump, but there is a special room for that !

Haven't you heard? (they are fairly clean BTW).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

Why can't she just use a breast pump in the morning, then there's no awkward social situation. I've been talking to women with babies and they start breastfeeding and it is awkward. I agree that it should be kept private, like an other exposure, and since breast pumps are available then I see no argument that women should just start breastfeeding in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

sitting on a park bench, some kid was running around. he went to his mam and said, "mammy i want nummies" i half expected her to pull a mcdonalds bag out.
    NO! she whipped her tits out and sat him on her lap.

didnt take 2 seconds for us to move away.
    That does sound disturbing.

I don't mind if friends or family breastfeed infront of me, although if its in the middle of a crowded public place then it does seem a little odd.

Advertisement