Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riots and Rebellions

Options
  • 23-11-2007 3:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else tired of this country or is it just me??. Why does everything have to be so hard and why are we getting ripped off.

Just paid €10500 in VRT, a complete bulls**t tax thats against E.U. regulations. When I started driving 9 years ago I had to pay £5200 punt in insurance on a car that was worth £1000. It was easier for me to get drugs and alcohol at 17 years of age than it was car insurance. House prices are just plain stupid, health system is in sh*te and all our politicians are stealing our money, while extorting us on tax for petrol etc etc...

I mean we might as well just bend over with an industrial sized tub of vaseline.....

No one is doing anything for us, yet we sit back and take it. We do absolutely sweet F.A. about. Yeah we are a vocal race of people though in fairness we are all talk. Maybe if we all stood together we might be able to do something about the run of this country instead of sitting back and taking this crap...

Whos with me??.....molotov cocktails at the Dail??? are we on??:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

you should move elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

Feelgood wrote: »

Just paid €10500 in VRT,

What car did you get? :)

I took €100,000 off a guy one day for VRT! Was a Bentley!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

l3LoWnA wrote: »
    What car did you get? :)

05 BMW 320 Sport....nice bus...car cost €19k....immaculate...add €10500 VRT and you get a certificate to say you've just got rid by the Irish government...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ah but we do a lovely pint of Guinness.

connundrum wrote: »
    you should move elsewhere.

Yeah maybe, though when your family is here then its nice to be close to
    them don't you think?

This is what I'm talking about, you know the government is sh1te too though
    isn't of fighting it your answer is "move elsewhere"??.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Is anyone else tired of this country or is it just me??. Why does everything have to be so hard and why are we getting ripped off.

Just paid €10500 in VRT, a complete bulls**t tax thats against E.U. regulations. When I started driving 9 years ago I had to pay £5200 punt in insurance on a car that was worth £1000. It was easier for me to get drugs and alcohol at 17 years of age than it was car insurance. House prices are just plain stupid, health system is in sh*te and all our politicians are stealing our money, while extorting us on tax for petrol etc etc...

I mean we might as well just bend over with an industrial sized tub of vaseline.....

No one is doing anything for us, yet we sit back and take it. We do absolutely sweet F.A. about. Yeah we are a vocal race of people though in fairness we are all talk. Maybe if we all stood together we might be able to do something about the run of this country instead of sitting back and taking this crap...

You should really change your username.

Ah but we do a lovely pint of Guinness.

Point taken...maybe we could make guinness molotov cocktails....so after
    the flames go out you've got a nice big black stain on the walls too....:)

Senna wrote: »
    You should really change your username.

My name just reflects what all the chicks say to me after they touch me...:D

hehehehehehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 82,131 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

guinness is a product of goodness: it cannot be exploded for such violence. and why would you waste a good pint? Use Huzzar, you fool :)

Feelgood, aren't you lucky though - that you get to drive your new motor on the finest quality roads that we have all over this wonderful country? Isn't that REALLY what it's all about :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    guinness is a product of goodness: it cannot be exploded for such violence. and why would you waste a good pint? Use Huzzar, you fool :)

Yeah well remember everytime you drink a pint of lovely Guinness you are also being rid by our government!. Doesn't that make you made, doesn't that make you wanna head to Drumcondra and poop on Berties doorstep...huh??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

guinness molotov cocktails....

i think thats what its called coming back out in the morning.

Senna wrote: »
    i think thats what its called coming back out in the morning.

Haha gold....

Thats what we will do then, we will all go on the batter some night. 12 pints o' the black stuff each and then we will have one big unified dump on the dails doorstep...

Maybe if we got enough of us we might make it in the Guinness book of records (no pun intended) :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

At the moment corruption is just accepted, it's only a bit of money, nobody gets hurt right?
    Give it a bit of time, if the economy goes ends up, or even just harder times, questions are going to be asked about where all the money goes, not BS tribunals that cost millions and end with no portioning out of accountability.

kowloon wrote: »
    At the moment corruption is just accepted, it's only a bit of money, nobody gets hurt right?
    Give it a bit of time, if the economy goes ends up, or even just harder times, questions are going to be asked about where all the money goes, not BS tribunals that cost millions and end with no portioning out of accountability.

There was only once I remember thinking, yeah jesus I'm lucky I live here....
    When I went to the states I got talking to a waitress that was working at night trying to pay off her $50k college debt....fair enough she was looking for a huge tip though I though isn't it great we get free college education....

That was 1998 when I had that one thought 1998....I remember it well.....the one time I felt lucky...

That was 1998 when I had that one thought 1998....I remember it well.....the one time I felt lucky...

It's only 'cause you were so far away though....

l3LoWnA wrote: »
    It's only 'cause you were so far away though....

Everyday I am far away, distant.....thinking about a perfect country. One where just breathing its air will make you orgasm....sadly I am reduced to jacking it in the shower just to maintain the illusion....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

The last Irish mass public demonstration I remember was the sedate PAYE workers march in 197-something.

When Thatcher tried to bring in Poll Tax, London was ripped apart by crazed hoards.

We Irish have no sense of outrage and are far from the 'rebellious' types we love to be described as. We're the sheep of Europe.

The last Irish mass public demonstration I remember was the sedate PAYE workers march in 197-something.

When Thatcher tried to bring in Poll Tax, London was ripped apart by crazed hoards.

We Irish have no sense of outrage and are far from the 'rebellious' types we love to be described as. We're the sheep of Europe.

Very true, my point exactly.....however I believe all that can be changed.
    My take on it is that we are all just too bloody lazy to do anything about it.
    Probably because we are too fu*ked from working like troopers in an effort to pay all these rather absurd taxes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Farmers aren't slow about protesting
    I saw the minister heckled at the 2006 Ploughing Championships.
    In fact, there hasn't been a protest with tractors outside the Dail for a number of years, time for a repeat I think. :)

There are things worth protesting over but VRT is not of them. As you know if they abolished it, they would replace it with something else.
    And if they didn't replace it then they would make cutbacks somewhere.
    Not having a go OP, but imo if you can afford a relativly new BMW, then don't complain that that your money is being taken from you.
    Sure you can buy a good car for well under 5k these days.

But you're right, Irish people bitch and moan and then do nothing. Look to France to see how it is done.

• Advertisement

micmclo wrote: »

Not having a go OP, but imo if you can afford a relativly new BMW, then don't complain that that your money is being taken from you.

Can't afford it, stealing from the poor box at mass to try and pay for it....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I saw the minister heckled at the 2006 Ploughing Championships.
    Oooh, heckled was he? As far as I know, a heckle is somewhere between a 'cafuffle' and a 'to-do'.

Mad stuff.

Yes indeedy, we do need to take lessons in civil-disobedience from the French.

Oooh, heckled was he? As far as I know, a heckle is somewhere between a 'cafuffle' and a 'to-do'.

Mad stuff.

Jaysus, what's your problem?

When I say heckled I mean 30-40 farmers with banners shouting abuse so the minister had to give up trying to make her speech.
    I'd call that successful, it made the 6pm RTE news

I'd call that successful, it made the 6pm RTE news

Probably the only way the ploughing championships would ever make
    the news...:rolleyes:

Nice one Feelgood.
    I get the :rolleyes: icon after giving advice on how one of the most successful lobbying groups do things, the IFA.

You're from Louth, going by your profile.
    I'm amazed they pay even VRT up there, gangsters the lot of them :p

Nice one Feelgood.
    I get the :rolleyes: icon after giving advice on how one of the most successful lobbying groups do things, the IFA.

Yeah I don't think standing outside the Dail with pitch forks and donkeys is gonna help us in anyway :D

I'm from Louth is right, the smallest county that has the biggest brains in the country living in it :cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Not sure that's the most capitalist point of view possible.

By that sort of argument, anyone spending any money to buy anything new from a store is being excessive with their money. Clothes, computers, refrigerators, whatnot. If the guy's doing well enough that he can afford $30K worth of car, one would hope that he should get something remotely approximating $30K worth of car. By all means, the government should get a bit of the cut, but why so much and reduce the options available to personnel, requiring them to have cars which are more worn out, with a reduced service life, reduced warranty, and reduced capability, even before looking at performance or luxury.

Cars seem to be a great revenue source anyway: What other item is taxed to the same extent as a car is after purchase? Houses are about the best I can think of. Otherwise, you pay tax above standard VAT to buy the car in the first place. You pay annual taxes to keep it on the road without any purchases involved at all. You pay taxes far in excess of standard VAT to buy petrol to put into the thing.

What is the rationale behind VRT? Other than to get as much money as possible off the people? If the government charged the standard VAT, of 20% or so of $25K, are there really that many cars on the roads each year that it's going to make that much of a difference to the government's coffers?

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

I'm from Louth is right, the smallest county that has the biggest brains in the country living in it :cool:
    And yet you're buying a beemer and boasting of your prowess with the ladies... compensating for something smaller? :D

And yet you're buying a beemer and boasting of your prowess with the ladies... compensating for something smaller? :D

Spoken with true jealousy.....its ok buddie you'll get here someday too..until then keep oiling the chain on the bike wont ya....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Spoken with true jealousy.....its ok buddie you'll get here someday too..until then keep oiling the chain on the bike wont ya....
    Eh, I walk everywhere. Make what you want of that... :D

Advertisement