Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It feels sooo good to swear when you're mad, doen't it?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Why are they bad words?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

nice. the thread has been handed to the etymologists.

what I don't like about the english swear words is that they are all either sexual or named after excrement (all the really bad ones anyway) eg. fuck, wanker, cunt, asshole, pussy, dickhead, shithead etc...

I heard before that the worst swear in the japanese language directly translates to "I don't like you" or "I hate you" (or something like that)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Why do we use the term "curse word"? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

Terry wrote: »
    Why are they bad words?

Well "f*ck" coz that's what I want to do when I'm feeling very naughty or want to be a bad girl.

"C*nt/P*ssy" coz it's a filthy way my guy can refer to my nice bits.

Bollocks because they're just wrong!

All in all, alot of badness in the best way possible! But not suitable for little ears! IMHO

The ones named after excrement....well they're just nasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

A couple that I've started saying almost automatically these days without even thinking about it seem to be "c*nting twat" and "bollixing twat". Don't know where the hell those combinations came from but, for some reason, I find myself saying them without even realising it these days! :D

I often find if something isn't working or whatever a good old fashioned "Ah, ya f**king c*nt, ya!" seems to work pretty well, too! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

i often find myself shouting 'genocide' or 'holocaust' when im angry

....really bad words

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭Archeron

Prickfingers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

It feels sooo good to swear when you're mad, doen't it?

Yup. Cussing is a must with a stubbed toe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Forget cursing, I find it better when stubbing a toe to go and put on a shoe onto the victimised foot and give the offending object a good kick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

its a great way to vent anger, i do find that i make up a lot of works ... my newest one being ****pocket when im at home cause the mam doent like me cursing!!:rolleyes:

stub my toe once, took the whole nail right off, if it was for cursing i dunno what i would have done!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Pain is a great way of cursing in ways you never thought possible. They just come out of nowhere.

Dirty whore of a kunt, is one I like
    Jesus hoped on a bike naked
    Fupping kunt burger

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Ninja_scrotum

I quite like

"Ya bolloxing shite!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Tzetze wrote: »
    I find that a Peter-Griffin-esque grip of the pained area while inhaling through grimaced teeth works very well for starters. Followed by a ‘Motherfucker!

I do the Peter Griffin thing too, followed swiftly by a couple of roared-at-earsplitting-decibel-level expletives, or if I'm in too much agony to be bothered putting thoughts into what words to use, merely a hulk-esque "rarrrgh" complete with fistclenching action. Oh, plus a return to said offending object for a taste of it's own medicine (ie kick it with the other, undamaged foot encased in steeltoe-capped boots), which is in turn followed by a concerned examination of the object for damage, plus more expletives if it is indeed damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

Helps me vent alright and feel better and thats only a good thing so in my view cursing has its qualities :D:):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭angelsfire

I do as well curse alot. My potty mouth is pretty bad. I do use f*** S*** A**h**** and so on, but one thing I do not do is use the Lord's name in vain. Those words in my eyes are the worst things you can say. Maybe I'm a bit hypocritical I don't know. When I do accidently say them when I am angry I do apologize to the good Lord! Don't know if it's helping my cause or not, but it makes me feel better!:D

Advertisement