Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berget 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

has anyone got the event date ,so we can get more organised . Operation Irene is held at Fort Knox due to it being a military base federal laws states no foreign nationals allowed on to the site ,there are other events run by the same company that we could attend

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hunter1100

Gatling wrote: »
    has anyone got the event date ,so we can get more organised . Operation Irene is held at Fort Knox due to it being a military base federal laws states no foreign nationals allowed on to the site ,there are other events run by the same company that we could attend

From there site

Times, Dates & Location
    Location: Sweden - Härnösand (Maps and more details will be updated soon)

Date: Wednesday the 25th - Sunday 29th of June 2008
    Check in opens: Tuesday 24th 09:00 CET
    Pre-game Gathering: All players shall gather in Safe-zone 20:00 CET the 25th.

Game start: 22:00 CET Wednesday the 25th
    Game ends: 20:00 CET Saturday the 28th.
    Beer party starts: 21:00 CET Saturday the 28th
    Beer party ends: 03:00 CET Sunday the 29th

If there is a group going I consider going myself

just about to paste that info Hunter1100:)

read an interview with an event commander one of her tips is to train for the event as expect to march 30+kilometers during the event ,the overview of the event sounds great ,count me in

Its probably right in front of my face but, how much are the tickets ?

tickets are e96.00 FIRST 300 tickets sold at half price,heading to HRTA tomorow if any wants wants to talk about this in person,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jinko

Lemming wrote: »
    Book tickets now. Figure out logistics later :D

There is a ferry that runs from Dublin to Denmark apparently if we can get some sort of mini-bus or someone willing to drive with kit. I'll be bringing the beast, a back-up AEG and a GBB so air-travel is almost ruled out on that alone for me.

Time to start beating the war-drum. I'll give the ASI boys a shout as well :)

tried to book it but it wont let me as the lot from oct 30th is gone so i will wait until 30th nov

96 euro is a good price when you consider the work that must go in to running an event of this size.
    would be at HRTA tomorrow :(, its a long drive from Cork

sorry hunter just saw your details ,any idea what faction everybody wants to join, i reckon emails and ph numbers exchanging on this might be a good idea then take it from there

I think the best place to start would be a list of people that are genuinely interested in going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Rileo

Next tickets will be released in one week (last of november)

Here is a small teaser from the 2005 years event

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWiJwx46Ew0

Enjoy! :D

• Advertisement

O my god :eek::eek::eek:
    Lets go right now that vid is great

So is anybody going ?

myself and lemmings was talking about this yesterday ,lemmings is waiting to hear back from some of the lads from asi who went to a couple of these to find out is it a good event to take a team too , but theres plenty of inthrest from people might have a coulpe of lads from foxtrot up north signing up too

If there is a group going then count me in. Wouldn't be any fun by myself

we will post updates when there is news on who is going

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jinko

Lemming wrote: »
    Book tickets now. Figure out logistics later :D

There is a ferry that runs from Dublin to Denmark apparently if we can get some sort of mini-bus or someone willing to drive with kit. I'll be bringing the beast, a back-up AEG and a GBB so air-travel is almost ruled out on that alone for me.

Time to start beating the war-drum. I'll give the ASI boys a shout as well :)

just wondering about this ferry you were talking about do you have any more info ?

I cant find this ferry either all the ferries I found either go to the uk or France

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I have a friend that works for stena line so might be able to find out about the ferry, although ive never heard anything about a ferry to denmark from dublin.,

id say its dinlin to hollyhead then train to newcastle them ferry direct to sweden or denmark,or belfast to scotland then ferry from there

Will the VCR bill not Stop us from entering the UK

• Advertisement

no cause were going to send our gear direct to the site in sweden which will by pass the uk,

If the Aeg,s are getting posted would it not be easier to fly to Sweden ?

yeah but airports gereraly not a goodplace to bring realistic AEGS to and airlines mighnt allow them to be checked on board even if they go straight to the cargo hold,il email some airlines and see where they stand with airsofts,also most ferries have banned them from being transported on board

I am not saying bring the aeg,s on the plane, post them go on the plane yourself . Surely it would be cheaper than getting 2 ferry trips, a train trip and however it is planned on getting fro the port in sweden to game area. There is an airport closer to the site

This link is from the ASI forums it marks the location of the site I think
    http://www.multimap.com/maps/?&t=l&map=62.6874,18.0573|12|4&loc=SE:62.6874:18.0573:12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

God damn this would be a great end to the leaving cert :D:D:D

It looks like it is going to be expensive, but then again everything in airsoft is as well

cheeky how old are you, the event organisers are strictly enforcing a over 18s policy due to the fact swedish laws prevent anyone under 18 owning a Airsoft or playing airsoft,
    otherwise you and limo would be dragged kicking and screaming to sweden

I'll be 18 in Febuary

just waiting to hear back from some mates of lemmings before we get organised properly ,now how do we age limo a few years.im working on hivemind too.
    cheeky monkey , and couple more names and we will have a team

• Advertisement

If we give limo some hormones and get him a fake passport we might be able to get him in :p

Now time to sell my xbox to fund a trip the trip :p

Advertisement