Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berget 6

Options
  • 22-11-2007 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks to the ugly AK thread that linked through to the airsoft news site I see that Berget 6 is taking bookings (well the 2nd batch is due soon). Have we interest in sending over an irish contingent to this? I'm interested but it is a fair distance away?

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Looks absolutrly brilliant, but i'm wondering what the FPS limit is? Would suck if we were up against 1J+!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

yeah looks intresting alright ,a trip to sweden ,dont know bout this year ,but next year could well be worth looking into putting a team together for it , if im right its nearly 1000 skirmishers attending ,might be worth taking some names Gandalf and before the kids say any thing the event is strictly over 18s

One thing I AM NOT AN ORGANISER. I once organised a pissup and sent some people to a pub 5 miles away !!!!!! Just firing this up to see if there is interest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Sweedish fps

"In order to possess a gas, air or spring operated firearm without a license the impact energy of a projectile fired at a distance of 3 meters must be less than 10 joules. If it is semi or fully automatic the impact energy must be less than 3 joules" - WIKI

• Advertisement

3js upgrade kits bring them with us .install them when we get there and downgrade before coming back,the organisers even let your send your gear a head of you ,if ur going

That'd leave us at a HUGE disadvantage so...

3J's holy welts batman!

Too much fecking about to upgrade a gun to that power for me, plus i'm poor :( lol An event even half like that in Ireland would be class!

Hmmm I do remember chatting to Nonex about a weekender somewhere good months ago alright. I wonder would anything come of that (obviously would have to be late spring to get the most out of it!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Hmm, a 300% upgrade would cost around 250+ for my m16. Adding to that the price for the event ticket and cost of flights and accommodation it seems a little to rich for my blood.

right event is E80 for a ticket ,accomadation is camping ,flights im not sure ,and spread the cost of an upgrade over a year ,its not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Power and safety distances are in the game rules section:
    Safety Distances
    Due to the variety of different spring standards we set the weapon classes based on your weapon's muzzle velocity in meters per second. Weapons must be chroned with 0,20 g BB´s. If you feel you may be borderline between semi and full auto, we recommend that you check your weapon before coming.

Class V0 Safety distance Notes

1...............0 to 109 m/s.........1 meters.......Semi and full auto
    2...............110 to 130 m/s.........10 meters......Semi and full auto
    3...............131 to 140 m/s.........15 meters......Semi & Bolt-action
    4...............0 to 140 m/s.............15 meters......Full auto *Support weapon only*
    5...............141 to 150 m/s..........20 meters......Semi & Bolt-action
    6...............151 to 160 m/s..........25 meters......Semi & Bolt-action
    7...............161 to 180 m/s..........30 meters......Bolt-action
    8...............181 to 199 m/s..........40 meters......Bolt-action

The maxumim bullet weight for class 1 - 4 is 0,30 g
    The maxumim bullet weight for class 5 - 8 is 0,43 g

For reference, one Joule with a 0.2g BB produces a muzzle velocity of 100 m/s. For further equivalences, there is a useful calculator at http://www.1728.com/energy.htm.

For all weapons and ranges, head shots should be avoided as far as possible except where no other target is available.

We wouldn't be at too much of a disadvantage, unless you're a sniper

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jinko

looks interesting all right if a group is going over id go as well. should have enough practice by then not to embaress myself too much :) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Rileo

Hey guys, me and some friends joined this game last year! It is freaking awsome! The Swedes are very friendly too :)

But i can warn you, the tickets are going fast as ice in a dessert =)

Book now and get things arranged during spring. They can even pick you up at airport and trainstation if you go by train/plane.

Rileo wrote: »
    Hey guys, me and some friends joined this game last year! It is freaking awsome! The Swedes are very friendly too :)

But i can warn you, the tickets are going fast as ice in a dessert =)

Book now and get things arranged during spring. They can even pick you up at airport and trainstation if you go by train/plane.

hey Rileo post more info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Rileo

You can find pretty much everything here:

http://www.berget-events.com/b6/?p=info

anything else ill try to help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

I would definatly be up for this. Ive got 5 weeks holidays next year (dont ask...neither did i :p ) and was planning on going to germany for wacken which starts the second of august. Would defo spend a bit extra and head to this first if theres an irish party. Also, whats the story with flying an AEG to there?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hunter1100

They have a service that allows you to post you gear and collect it at the site before the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I have not seen the site for fBerget 6 yet, but f*ck yeah I'm in. Gimmeh, f*ckin' gimmeh already :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hunter1100

There site looks good, some very nice pics

Morning wake up call video from Berget 5, crazy stuff

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p9qRTh4BmSE

On a preliminary glance, SAS (as in the airline :p ) are doing direct flights from Dublin to Arlanda (Stockholm) for €223

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Oh man I am so sorely tempted to get to this.

Must ... resist ... urge ....

I'd go but i wanna get a P90 TR lol

i was thinking of a trip stateside opreration irene except no foreigners allowed,
    but berget is a major lets pack and ask questions later ,who's got spare bbs. i posted 2 more vids

www.bebo.com/TeamAirsoft

if not this years event ,next years one take an official irish team over

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I'm going to be honest here, I am really thinking this could be a lot of fun.

Gatling wrote: »
    i was thinking of a trip stateside opreration irene except no foreigners allowed,
    but berget is a major lets pack and ask questions later ,who's got spare bbs. i posted 2 more vids

www.bebo.com/TeamAirsoft

if not this years event ,next years one take an official irish team over

Op.Irene has a no foreigners allowed policy? :-/

but yes, berget is a foregone conclusion for myself already.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jinko

screw it. next booking phase is the 30th im going :)

• Advertisement

jinko wrote: »
    screw it. next booking phase is the 30th im going :)

Book tickets now. Figure out logistics later :D

There is a ferry that runs from Dublin to Denmark apparently if we can get some sort of mini-bus or someone willing to drive with kit. I'll be bringing the beast, a back-up AEG and a GBB so air-travel is almost ruled out on that alone for me.

Time to start beating the war-drum. I'll give the ASI boys a shout as well :)

Advertisement