Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of ignorant girls.

Options
  • 22-11-2007 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭

I was out last night and this is the second time that this has happened, I was holding two pints and some girl smashed into me, the first girl because she was dancing in the bar and the second girl had formed a cirlcle with her friends, also dancing and backed into me. On both occasions a full pint was knocked out of my hand on the way back from the bar. On both occassions the girls shrugged and said it was an accident. Accident sure but I asked politely on both occasions for them to replace my drink, god knows if I knocked someone's drink I'd replace it, they both started making excuses, ( I'm surprised they weren't the same girl in the end) "OH, I'm a student, no money, it was an accident etc" I'm kinda annoyed at this stage, what makes these girls think they can get away with this behaviour? I almost poured the other pint over that girls head last night she was so ignorant and noncelant. What would happen if I spilled her drink? WW3 in my experience yet women think they can get away with this double standard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,811 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

You need to develop a defense mechanism, someone bumps into you, you spill the drink on them :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

They can get away with it, so they do.
    odyssey06 wrote: »
    You need to develop a defense mechanism, someone bumps into you, you spill the drink on them

Then they kick up a stink and flail their arms around and yell at you saying its your fault, and every 6' 5" block of granite cúnt starts eyeballing you,
    he doesn't really know or care whose fault it is, but reckons it's a good icebreaker towards scoring with her.

Great.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Damn I hate to agree with a post like this but I'd had drinks spilt in my time and only guys have ever offered to replace them. Also if I knocked over a drink I would replace it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

not "all" women though..i would have bought you a pint, infact i would be extremely embarrased if i knocked someones drink! Dont tar all of us with the same brush please.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Femmy wrote: »
    not "all" women though..i would have bought you a pint, infact i would be extremely embarrased if i knocked someones drink! Dont tar all of us with the same brush please.

Depends what way you read the thread title.

It could be

I'm sick of ignorant girls - i.e all girls are ignorant

or

I'm sick of 'ignorant girls' i.e he is sick of the ignorant type that exist, not all girls.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,031 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Guys replace, girls don't unless you know the girl in my experience!

Although, I remember one Christmas Eve where I knocked a guys pint, turned out that I knew his sister, and he started getting really aggressive and demanded a new pint before I had the chance to offer! Whether I was right to or not, I dunno but, I just threw a fiver in his face and walked off...I was absolutely fuming! He shouls have at least gave me the chance to offer him a new drink!

Needless to say he wasn't best pleased but there were apologies all round before the end of thee night :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Hmmmm......maybe i'm just lucky but i've never had a drink spilt out of my hand by anyone in a club/pub situation.

I tend to work off the assumption that everyone in there is drunk so just pay attention to things around me.

Besides, when people knock into me the just tend to bounce off so while i normally end up looking like a bit of a prick at least my drink is okay. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I'd replace a drink if I spilled one but I have had people spill my drink and not replace it. Guys and girls though. However, in my experience, girls are far less apologetic about it.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Depends what way you read the thread title.

It could be

I'm sick of ignorant girls - i.e all girls are ignorant

or

I'm sick of 'ignorant girls' i.e he is sick of the ignorant type that exist, not all girls.

:)

true, but i was referring to this:
    SetantaL wrote: »
    women think they can get away with this double standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

I'd always replace a drink if i spilled it or at least thought i spilled it and they weren't intentionally standing up me hole waiting for me to spill they're drink.
    Then they kick up a stink and flail their arms around and yell at you saying its your fault, and every 6' 5" block of granite cúnt starts eyeballing you.

Then they insist they were drinking a triple vodka and redbull when they really had a Glass of water in their hand. Bastards!

Usually the younger ones or the more immature ones that try this but its very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I have never had a glass knocked and broken on me yet, and I am 34. Must be some sort of record in this country.:D

The bumping into me thing is not a problem either as I am 6'3 and 17 stone, so most come off second best in the collision stakes.

Now I must find out where the OP drinks, so I can give him a dirty look the next time a tasty girl knocks his drink. :):p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Guarantee this happened in Coppers,

T'is why I hate that overcrowed bog fest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Learn how to carry your drinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Guarantee this happened in Coppers,

T'is why I hate that overcrowed bog fest.

eh coppers isn't on lesson street!
    retract your factually incorrect claim:D

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭coolhandc

id always replace a drink if it spilt because of me and i have done.one time though this guy had his drink spilt and it wasnt really my fault anyway,when i asked him what it was he told me it was a tripple vodka and redbull.so he was tryin to get what he could out of me,
    so f that wasnt going to be ripped off completely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

SetantaL wrote: »
    I was out last night and this is the second time that this has happened, I was holding two pints and some girl smashed into me, the first girl because she was dancing in the bar and the second girl had formed a cirlcle with her friends, also dancing and backed into me. On both occasions a full pint was knocked out of my hand on the way back from the bar. On both occassions the girls shrugged and said it was an accident. Accident sure but I asked politely on both occasions for them to replace my drink, god knows if I knocked someone's drink I'd replace it, they both started making excuses, ( I'm surprised they weren't the same girl in the end) "OH, I'm a student, no money, it was an accident etc" I'm kinda annoyed at this stage, what makes these girls think they can get away with this behaviour? I almost poured the other pint over that girls head last night she was so ignorant and noncelant. What would happen if I spilled her drink? WW3 in my experience yet women think they can get away with this double standard?
    Good old two pints effort; don't have to go back to the bar as quickly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Irish people in general seem really ignorant when it comes to this type of thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

most girls are ignorant out anyways wether they spill drink or not on you... i was out in the smoking area of one club and i sat down and the bench and my friends sat down with me, and these other girls sitting there told us to get the fcuk off as it was her bench(even tho it sits about ten people!) and to stop hitting off her.... i told her to stop having an attitude and dont come to crowded places if you dont want this to happen, she then spilt her drink on top me!:mad:

moral of the story, im a girl and even i think most of them are ignorant when out

Rob_l wrote: »
    eh coppers isn't on lesson street!
    retract your factually incorrect claim:D

Who mentioned Lesson street?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Femmy wrote: »
    Who mentioned Lesson street?

Im getting two threads all confused:confused::confused:

Im sorry wont happen again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

odyssey06 wrote: »
    You need to develop a defense mechanism, someone bumps into you, you spill the drink on them :)

Haha i've done this before, it's their fault. They walked into me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Haha i've done this before, it's their fault. They walked into me :D

I think you mean you follow the girls till you can spill your drink down their tops... :D:p

Personally I've not really experienced this, any time I've had a drink spilled on me the person responsible offered to replace it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

If shes a real b1tch about it then you have to find some way of getting back at her.
    -Buy a pint and pour it over her head
    -Go outside and buy a few eggs, then when she leaves the club egg her
    -spit on her ass while you pretend to tie your shoelace (my favourite)
    -do what i do half the time anyway and ram your shoulder into her face while walking past her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Oh I hate that but its happened a couple of times with blokes so don't blame it all on us girls. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭beyondrapid

it can happen to anyone. i'm 7'2 and 21 stone, and it's happened to me. but the girl was 8'5. we all had a big fight and i groped someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

I've had many a drink spilled, knocked and once someone grabbed it out of my hand to throw at someone else, never ever has a women offered to replace the drink, i know that that doesn't mean all women but its highly unlikely you'll even hear an apology from one yet alone get offered a new drink and it drives me absolutely mental!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Outer Bongolia

it can happen to anyone. i'm 7'2 and 21 stone, and it's happened to me. but the girl was 8'5. we all had a big fight and i groped someone.

ha ha that's one way to turn things in your favour!

"If my drink gets spilled, fine. BUT SOMEONE'S GONNA GET GROPED!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I was in a packed pub on the quays recently and two girls were dancing at the top of the stairs (like you do :rolleyes:). It was actually funny because as I manoeuvred to dodge one girls flaying elbow her mate knocked one of my pints all over the girl I was trying to dodge. They started giving me stick so I promptly told them both to fu*k off and walked away because I knew there was no chance of getting a fresh pint out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

You know what people are like when you knock their drink out of there hand!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Many lads expect something after buying a drink for a girl. Well, if she spills it and refuses to pay for it, at least you could come up with a one-liner. "Now that I've paid for your drink, shall we now...?";)

Advertisement