Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I wouldn't drive down Leeson St

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

Laslo wrote: »
    The author is a brain dead fantasist. I'm actually embarrassed for her. What a silly little yarn.

Another wonderful anecdote of how we're all a nation of evil, drunken, racist thugs (well, everyone except the storyteller/protagonist of course!) This is the kind of sh1t that should feel right at home on Boards.ie.

God, I hate some of the self-righteous dicks in this country. But imagine actually making something like that up!

I would say that yes it's exaggerated, but remember the same type of playacting D4 kids kicked a guy to death a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

SpAcEd OuT wrote: »
    Sorry whats that supposed to mean so your saying you should be able to assault people from D4 who act a bit rowdy :confused:

You didn't even say dealing with scum the way i wish we were allowed to you said D4s

let me quess your not very successful are you hence your resentment for all people that are wealthy..
    Warning given.

OP, do not respond to that post.
    If you do, your post will be deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Pete4779 wrote: »
    I would say that yes it's exaggerated, but remember the same type of playacting D4 kids kicked a guy to death a few years ago.
    That's a very very odd post. It's wrong on so many levels. Morally and factually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

ballooba wrote: »
    That's a very very odd post. It's wrong on so many levels. Morally and factually.

legally perhaps its wrong in content
    factually well thats a different call and well off the topic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Is that all he did? If some prick jumped into my car unannounced I'd flatten him.

So would I, I wouldn't give him a chance to snigger :mad:

That being said it's a bit silly to be traveling around with the doors unlocked even during the day!

daveirl wrote: »

yeah but only in areas were there are a high proportion of "d4" heads who account for about 95% of all serious crime in Dublin although they never go to jail because the judge will not give them custodial sentences so they can complete their "orts degree" in UCD and also in part because daddies solicitor usually plays golf with the judges.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Rob_l wrote: »
    yeah but only in areas were there are a high proportion of "d4" heads who account for about 95% of all serious crime in Dublin although they never go to jail because the judge will not give them custodial sentences so they can complete their "orts degree" in UCD and also in part because daddies solicitor usually plays golf with the judges.

It's just shenanigans - par for the course in every swingin' town. The serious crime happens elsewhere, and believe me there is no "orts degree"s there.

• Advertisement

Probably about 10%, but still slightly valid.

Terry wrote: »
    Probably about 10%, but still slightly valid.

of course my statistics are way off but if I have learnt anything from the SUN apart from how much I like page 3 its never let facts or lack of them stand in the way of a good sensationalist story.

of course my statistics are way off but if I have learnt anything from the SUN apart from how much I like page 3 its never let facts or lack of them stand in the way of a good sensationalist story.
    Can't argue with that logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Maybe my sarcasm detector is off - I really hope it is - otherwise this post could be perceived as the same kind of senseless, misinformed fantasy in the article the OP published.

(I really hope this is meant as seriously tongue in cheek, I mean it.)

jimi_t wrote: »
    Maybe my sarcasm detector is off - I really hope it is - otherwise this post could be perceived as the same kind of senseless, misinformed fantasy in the article the OP published.

(I really hope this is meant as seriously tongue in cheek, I mean it.)

You know there is a theory about good jokes and thats to wrap them in the truth.

but back to my post it most certainly is not sarcasim it is a known fact the biggest threat facing modern dublin is these "d4" type people and there blatant disregard for society and its betterment.
    ya ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

You know there is a theory about good jokes and thats to wrap them in the truth.

but back to my post it most certainly is not sarcasim it is a known fact the biggest threat facing modern dublin is these "d4" type people and there blatant disregard for society and its betterment.
    ya ya

:confused: Not quite sure what to make of that, but the likes of this
    ...although they never go to jail because the judge will not give them custodial sentences so they can complete their "orts degree" in UCD and also in part because daddies solicitor usually plays golf with the judges.

Is on par with calling anyone north of the liffey a joyriding smackhead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Women commits assault and gets praise.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Women commits assault and gets praise.

Surely its "Women defends her property from Skangy D4 heads"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

It's good to be a respected journalist.

If I boasted publicly to thousands of people about battering somebody and pulling out clumps of their hair for climbing into the back of my car, I'd probably be arrested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭halfinch

Ant they probarbly thought it was like so funny roysh til this like totel granny smacked him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I bet if a bloke wrote this he'd be in court right now

Advertisement