Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok, now I'm freaked out...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

ScumLord wrote: »
    Mmmm.. I suppose I should break out the shovel and bury her one of these days.

Save yourself a few days shovelling, rent a JCB

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Cyradis, are you another "Health Consultant"? A two bit charlatan who makes up their own qualifications or buys them from internet colleges? You sound as qualified as that stupid hag, Gillian Mc Keith. Seriously if you are going to make the claims you make either back them up with scientific evidence (double blind trials, control groups, extensive testing, you know the kind of thing that provides real and viable information about a chemical or drug). However I do admire the fact that you grow your own vegtables and I do think there needs to be a greater push towards organic food, locally grown with a minimum of pesticides. But please provide actual evidence and proper research to back up your claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

kowloon wrote: »
    Save yourself a few days shovelling, rent a JCB
    What do I look like I'm made of money?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I think most people have glossed over the fact this is the UN. An organisation with absolutely no power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Cyradis

Ok, having watched the video and read **** LOADS of the PDFs of the Codex Alimentarius, I can conclude that this thing IS real. It's not particularly disputed, they say all these things themselves. Guys, it's strange how you just say "conspiracy theory" and move on with this, this thing is very true and I don't get how you can willfully ignore it like that.

This whole Codex Alimentarius thing is outragous, no matter how you look at it! I shall be getting my co-workers together soon and will be discussing how to fight this, if not for our jobs then for the greater good of humanity, so we can have the freedom and choice to eat what we want!

When Codex Alimentarius gets through:

* Dietary supplements could not be sold for preventive (prophylactic) or therapeutic use.
    * Common foods such as garlic and peppermint would be classified as drugs or a third category (neither food nor drugs) that only big pharmaceutical companies could regulate and sell. Any food with any therapeutic effect can be considered a drug, even benign everyday substances like water.
    * All new dietary supplements would be banned unless they go through Codex testing and approval.
    * Genetically altered food would be sold worldwide without labelling.

That IS scary.

Also, some idiot said Dr. Atkins died from obesity problems! Fool! If you took your information from an anything other that the ridiculous mainstream opinion then you will have learned that he fell over and his glands over-reacted and during the last moments of his life due to the over-reaction of his glands he swelled up, and bloated, causing respiratory and heart failure. He did not die from obesity!!!

It's funny, a guy like that starts curing so many people from diseases with just vitamins and minerals and the media hound him saying he died from his own diet, which is a complete farse to discredit his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

If you want to add credibility to your argument you will have to give specific references, and not from some obscure internet source, but from the official documents you mention.

humbert wrote: »
    If you want to add credibility to your argument you will have to give specific references, and not from some obscure internet source, but from the official documents you mention.

The links I posted are anything but "obscure". One is about the dangers of GM crops, from a well renound nutritionist. The other is a video presentation by other qualified doctors and nutritionist, and if you want it from the horses mouth, check out their website:

http://www.codexalimentarius.net/web/index_en.jsp

I warn, their language is VERY formal and hard to get your head around, but stay at it and you'll find the gems I'm taking about.

Just after reading some more. Why do the want to ban superfoods, herbs and anything with large health benefits?? "Superfoods" as they call them is nature's gift to give us our daily vitamins and minerals in good, healthy dosages in small quantities. What possible threat could that maintain? Superfood like Goji berries, Spirulina, Hemp seeds (won't get you stoned, hardy ANY trace of THC, full of healthy stuff!!) and many other foods will be banned.....fully. That to me, is actual madness. These foods could help us in our fight against illness and keep up fit as a fiddle (without any vitamins)...

Also, practices like acupuncture and herbal remedies and basically any other form of treatment BAR going to see a GP will be banned! So, we can't eat healthy, take vitamins to make up for that fact OR see any other medical professional BAR a doctor who will just pump you full of whatever chemical-filled pill that's the flavor of the month, when all you need is nutrition!!

I'm not having this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Nothing you have said or presented has being backed up by any sort of proper research or references. A well rounded nutritionist according to whom? Is he medically trained? There is a HUGE difference between a nutritionist and a dietician (who is medically trained), anyone can claim to be a nutritionist. So until you post something that has been rigorously tested (Double blind tests, control groups etc) or put up proper published peer-reviewed material from an acredited journal, everything you come out with is circumstantial nonsense, so please stop posting your rubbish.

"So, we can't eat healthy, take vitamins to make up for that fact OR see any other medical professional BAR a doctor who will just pump you full of whatever chemical-filled pill that's the flavor of the month, when all you need is nutrition!!"

Hmmmm.....yeah vitamins will cure everything, modern medicine is a pile of crap and is useless. Seriously this kind of pseudo-scientific crap pisses me off. Modern medicines have to be rigorously tested as do medical procedures, I can look up and read the papers and research behind all medical breakthrough that have verifiable trails and testing to back them up. Nutrition and vitamins are not a cure all as you are claiming (though we do need them in certain doses)Yeah all doctors do is pump you full of useless chemicals. I'm no fan of big pharma (too big, too powerful, too rich and too willing to invent diseases so they can pedal a cure) nor am I fan of doctors who simply prescribe and not treat but your comments just show you up to be a moron, completely ignorant of the facts and too willing to sensationalise and jump on the anti-medicine bandwagon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Cyradis wrote: »
    * Common foods such as garlic and peppermint would be classified as drugs or a third category (neither food nor drugs) that only big pharmaceutical companies could regulate and sell. Any food with any therapeutic effect can be considered a drug, even benign everyday substances like water.

http://eulaw.typepad.com/eulawblog/2007/11/garlic-food-sup.html

The Commission considered that the garlic preparations in question should not be classified as a "medicinal product" and that the consequence of that classification is to impose a burden on importers of the product in Germany amounting to a restriction on the free movement of goods contrary to Article 28 EC. Consequently, the Commission took Germany to Court.

And won. The Court of Justice held in Case C-319/05 Commission v. Germany that Germany had classified the product wrongly as a medicinal product thereby imposing a restriction on the free movement of goods prohibited by Article 28 EC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Xposer

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showpost.php?p=195403&postcount=30

I can report a sucess! I registered on this following forum to try and wake some people up. My old tactis were less that relaxed! haha

I acted calm and inquisitive, and unknowing, and they actually proved the points for me!

Anyone wants to know how it's done, check this!

By the way, DO NOT register and start sticking up for me, they'll cop it straight away!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055187134

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

where on earth do you see anybody agreeing with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

I actually knew it was something to do with David Icke.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

And he would have got away with it if it wasnt for them pesky kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

OH NOES I RIKE VIATMINS!!!!11!eleventyoneone!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Another victim of their own vanity. What a tool :D

*waits for further consipracies to arise*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

David who? Do fill me in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

half hour documentary about it at the link below if anyones interested. It is rather chilling.

Codex Alimentarius - A threat to health freedom

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Xposer wrote: »
    Christ. It's the lizard people again.
    Piss off, So Glad.

You might want to take a look at this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055186600
    Muppet be gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement