Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok, now I'm freaked out...

Options
  • 21-11-2007 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Was talking to a mate of mine recently who is deep into UN politics and he was talking to be about this thing called Codex Alimentarius. I never heard of this, I thought it was some type of PC game! haha

But yeah, apparently, Codex Alimentarius is a new legislation the UN is trying to get the whole world to apply in their countries. Codex Alimentarius is translated into "food code" or "food plan"...can't remember. But what scares me is what it's all about!! I thought my mate was having me on until I did a bit of research....anyways...hope you're sitting down...

Basically, and very basically, the whole point of the thing is to set down rules on foods and vitamins across the world. I don't like that, but it gets worse. If this gets through, suppliers of food WON'T need to disclose whether or not it is GM food or organic! They won't need to divulge most of the ingredients either!!! WHAT? That's pure madness, but, it gets worse...

Vitamins will not be allowed to be sold in shops.....that's right....VITAMINS.....you'll only be able to get them from a doctor by PRESCRIPTION and not in any worthwhile dosages........so, the food we eat will be ****, and we can't even take vitamins to make up for that fact?? Huh?

I was also told that many "superfoods" as they call them....Goji berries and such, will be either banned or not allowed because they'll be classed as a "drug".

I can't believe something like this exists....can someone ease my mind a little?? HAHA

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The Codex Alimentarius Commission was created in 1963 by FAO and WHO to develop food standards, guidelines and related texts such as codes of practice under the Joint FAO/WHO Food Standards Programme. The main purposes of this Programme are protecting health of the consumers and ensuring fair trade practices in the food trade, and promoting coordination of all food standards work undertaken by international governmental and non-governmental organizations.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Alimentarius

On other hand it's a conspiracy
    * Dietary supplements could not be sold for preventive (prophylactic) or therapeutic use.
    * Common foods such as garlic and peppermint would be classified as drugs or a third category (neither food nor drugs) that only big pharmaceutical companies could regulate and sell. Any food with any therapeutic effect can be considered a drug, even benign everyday substances like water.
    * All new dietary supplements would be banned unless they go through Codex testing and approval.
    * Genetically altered food would be sold worldwide without labelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Cyradis

Protecting health? haha

I don't get how not letting consumers know if their food is Gm or not and not letting people buy vitamins is "protecting health"!

I'm very suspicious about this...

I shall do some Google searches and see what this ****'s about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

the food we do eat is sh!t anyways!! take macdonald for instants, how do you know where the chickent for you burger came from!!!

that rule the un are thinking about , is just someone with to much time on there hands to think about the important stuff. like i dunno extending the weekend and the likes!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

biko wrote: »
    The Codex Alimentarius Commission was created in 1963 by FAO and WHO to develop food standards, guidelines and related texts such as codes of practice under the Joint FAO/WHO Food Standards Programme. The main purposes of this Programme are protecting health of the consumers and ensuring fair trade practices in the food trade, and promoting coordination of all food standards work undertaken by international governmental and non-governmental organizations.
    Cyradis post sounds like anything but that. They should be encouraging organic and eco friendly farming and localised selling that would ensure our food is good, Irish food is very good quality. Other than that they should leave will enough alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

about the vitamins I think they should be taken from shelves its a con
    there is very little real scientific evidence that synthesized vitamins are of benefit.
    In fact I know of one study which found the opposite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

put on your tin foil hats people!

magick wrote: »

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Jaysus, it sounds like they're trying to reduce the population by killing us off. Feeding us ****e and not being able to get better from it.

Rob_l wrote: »
    about the vitamins I think they should be taken from shelves its a con
    there is very little real scientific evidence that synthesized vitamins are of benefit.
    In fact I know of one study which found the opposite

Well, this is why I'm upset. I work with highly trained doctors and nutritionists who swear by the practice of curing illnesses with nuti-vitamins and high dosage minerals. You'll be shocked at how many mental illnesses and psychical ailments they cure by their methods. Hence why I'm upset they want to ban such practices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Translation

"Cyradis, you have bothered to register on this message board to spam your conspiracy beliefs".

Mike.

• Advertisement

Also, mainsteam "vitamins" and "multi-vitamins" ARE crap and useless....their dosages are tiny, and irrelevant, plus they lack the catalysts required for each bloody vitamin and mineral to work.

I reccomend anyone interested in curing diseases with high dosage vitamins to read Dr. Atkins' "The Nutri-Vitamin Solution"....it basically shows you how to cure most illneses through high-dosage vitamin and mineral intakes. Very interesting read, I and my counterparts have cured multiples people using these such procedures, hence why should we not be allowed use these anymore?

Cyradis wrote: »
    Well, this is why I'm upset. I work with highly trained doctors and nutritionists who swear by the practice of curing illnesses with nuti-vitamins and high dosage minerals. You'll be shocked at how many mental illnesses and psychical ailments they cure by their methods. Hence why I'm upset they want to ban such practices.

eh sorry what?

they are not stopping trained nutrionists and doctors from your post it seems they are stopping me or the average joe from deciding I need twenty of these and ten of those a day self dosing with vitamins

mike65 wrote: »
    Translation

"Cyradis, you have bothered to register on this message board to spam your conspiracy beliefs".

Mike.

As I have stated, I have only heard of this thing today and as my profession revolved around such things I am generally concerned.

How the hell do conspiracy theories come in here?

Rob_l wrote: »
    eh sorry what?

they are not stopping trained nutrionists and doctors from your post it seems they are stopping me or the average joe from deciding I need twenty of these and ten of those a day self dosing with vitamins

That's true, but I was told the dosages will be limited greatly, anyways, enough talk, I need to find out more about this thing, in case I'm being fooled here...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I reccomend anyone interested in curing diseases with high dosage vitamins to read Dr. Atkins' "The Nutri-Vitamin Solution"....it basically shows you how to cure most illneses through high-dosage vitamin and mineral intakes. Very interesting read, I and my counterparts have cured multiples people using these such procedures, hence why should we not be allowed use these anymore?

I will read up on this but you're starting to sound like a agent of the lizard people.

That's true, but I was told the dosages will be limited greatly, anyways, enough talk, I need to find out more about this thing, in case I'm being fooled here...

yes just as they were done on things like paracetamol which again people were doing damage to themselves by self dosing.

So by limiting the amount they can have you limit the damage they can do.

I think your underestimating just how stupid people really are!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I was prescribed an iron supplement after coming back from a 2 month drinking session and it worked for me. Other than that I take the cod liver oil with multi-vitamins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Anyone with a decent diet gets all the vitamins and minerals required. Pouring them down your throat is not a cure for anything.

Mike.

humbert wrote: »
    I will read up on this but you're starting to sound like a agent of the lizard people.

What the hell? haha

So yeah, I downloaded a PDF of some section of the Codex and.....meh......you know how those official people write. It's VERY formal and monotonous.

It's like reading a disclaimer......oh God....

Argh...

I'll get a coffee and tackle the "meat procedures" one....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The UN want to kill us all.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Anyone with a decent diet gets all the vitamins and minerals required. Pouring them down your throat is not a cure for anything.

Mike.

This is VERY true!!!

I am not saying use vitamins for replacing lost energy from food, far from it, I'm talking about large doses to cure illnesses etc. Someone said something about it being dangerous! HAHAHA

Ever know anyone who diet from a vitamin c overdose?? Come off it!

I grow my own food on my farm, 'tis the only safe way I suppose, but this Codex thing apparently wants to muddy the waters regarding letting consumers know if it's GM or not? GM crops are extremely un-nutritious and hazardous to health.

Anyways, yeah coffee haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

This is VERY true!!!

I am not saying use vitamins for replacing lost energy from food, far from it, I'm talking about large doses to cure illnesses etc. Someone said something about it being dangerous! HAHAHA

Ever know anyone who diet from a vitamin c overdose?? Come off it!

I grow my own food on my farm, 'tis the only safe way I suppose, but this Codex thing apparently wants to muddy the waters regarding letting consumers know if it's GM or not? GM crops are extremely un-nutritious and hazardous to health.

Anyways, yeah coffee haha

Im almost certain Vitamin A can be lethal if taken in vast amounts

biko wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Alimentarius

On other hand it's a conspiracy
    * Dietary supplements could not be sold for preventive (prophylactic) or therapeutic use.
    * Common foods such as garlic and peppermint would be classified as drugs or a third category (neither food nor drugs) that only big pharmaceutical companies could regulate and sell. Any food with any therapeutic effect can be considered a drug, even benign everyday substances like water.
    * All new dietary supplements would be banned unless they go through Codex testing and approval.
    * Genetically altered food would be sold worldwide without labelling.

Is that form Wiki?

Or any reputable source?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

humbert wrote: »
    rofl

I've heard of aspects of this already actualy. Why would the UN promote GM food though?

Im almost certain Vitamin A can be lethal if taken in vast amounts

In large amounts, vitamin A can damage bone marrow, fortunately, vitamin A is not really needed among nutri-vitamin therapies.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

Was talking to a mate of mine recently who is deep into UN politics and he was talking to be about this thing called Codex Alimentarius. I never heard of this, I thought it was some type of PC game! haha

But yeah, apparently, Codex Alimentarius is a new legislation the UN is trying to get the whole world to apply in their countries. Codex Alimentarius is translated into "food code" or "food plan"...can't remember. But what scares me is what it's all about!! I thought my mate was having me on until I did a bit of research....anyways...hope you're sitting down...

Basically, and very basically, the whole point of the thing is to set down rules on foods and vitamins across the world. I don't like that, but it gets worse. If this gets through, suppliers of food WON'T need to disclose whether or not it is GM food or organic! They won't need to divulge most of the ingredients either!!! WHAT? That's pure madness, but, it gets worse...

Vitamins will not be allowed to be sold in shops.....that's right....VITAMINS.....you'll only be able to get them from a doctor by PRESCRIPTION and not in any worthwhile dosages........so, the food we eat will be ****, and we can't even take vitamins to make up for that fact?? Huh?

I was also told that many "superfoods" as they call them....Goji berries and such, will be either banned or not allowed because they'll be classed as a "drug".

I can't believe something like this exists....can someone ease my mind a little?? HAHA

Thanks!

I smell a hypochondriac. At the beginning of your post it seemed as though you were going to tell us that this Codex Alimentarius was a form of New World Order hell bent on destroying the world. Then you start ranting and raving about vitamins. Who cares!!! As someone else replied it is highly probable that synthetic vitamins are a hindrance rather than a benefit. Just eat your daily quota of fruit, veg and fibre etc and quit your jibber jabbering!

I don't know where you get your information about vitamins being a hinderence. I've worked with them for YEARS giving treatment to people who ask for it. I have never had any bad results and I've cured people of things that the doctors who just percribe whatever crap their told to.

Mainstream doctors tend to try and cure SYMTOMS rather than the root of the problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Daddio wrote: »
    rofl

I've heard of aspects of this already actualy. Why would the UN promote GM food though?

because you get far more food from gm crops than you do from organic in the same size plot of land... and in case people haven't been noticing, there's a bit of a food shortage in some parts of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

whats wrong with gm foods?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hippies are terrified of science. that's the basic problem the far left has with gm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement