Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

say "aaaaaaah"

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

irishbird wrote: »
    if she was looking down your throat, why would need to drop the kacks? :confused::eek:

I was about to ask the same thing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I used to work in insurance and would often have to write to people asking them to attend medical exams.

The insurance companies always try to match the gender of the doctor to the patient and in cases where they can't you sometimes have people coming back and asking if there's any other doctor they can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

anyone ever get the old cup n' cough?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

biko wrote: »
    No, why would it? It's a doctor.

Seems like the doctor felt it could be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,575 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I'm in a guy in my twenties and while I wouldn't be bothered if it was a choice between a male or female doctor in their forties, for example, I think if it was between a male and female doctor around my own age I'd prefer the bloke. Less awkward :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Female doctor "Hi, I am going to need to inappropriately grope you however if you would prefer I could get a male doctor to inappropriately grope you"

I think I will stick with the female doctor, if nothing else if saves me paying for it later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I go to a male doctor for normal complaints because he's nice and always says poor thing when you're feeling sick..... which is what you want to hear.

For issues pertaining to my "girly garden" I have a lady doctor I go to. It;s just better that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

He/She - it doesn't matter, they are a doctor. As long as they are competent and reasonably pleasant I won't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

Nah doesn't bother me at all but I know a few women who will only see female doctors.... Doesn't matter if they're going in about the flu it has to be female

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I've suffered the indignity of having doctors inspect my bumhole and I'd have to say I preferred female doctors, not just for the disturbing sexual thrill I felt from having a woman stick things up my poop pipe.

Female fingers are smaller. Male doctors treat you like an old car, female doctors tend to treat you like a small child and take it easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

So you like being treated like a child.... Nice!!! :D;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭- bo -

Happened me a while back, I was checked out by different doctors/surgeons over the course of a few days, one of them was female and was a bit of alright. Was worried that I might stand to attention but I was just so nervous at the time that nothing happened. Phew...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

During the medical inspection for military service...compulsory in Germany so every young man has to attend at least the medical... there is this one "test" where you have to drop your pants and they squeeze your balls and you're asked to cough.

Don't ask me what they determine with this one, but it's done anyway.

I had to attend several medicals (long story) and on one occasion the room where the "cough test" was being perdformed was full of women only.

Two grumpy old doctors and two sniggering young nurses.

I just refused point blank to drop my trousers.

Not because I'm shy or afraid or have anything to hide ...but out of principle.

I mean, it's not that they didn't know that their job for the day would be to look at the private parts of about 300 young men.

Normally I wouldn't care what sex or persuasion my doctor is/has ...but in that case that was just a blatant pi$$take.

peasant wrote:
    there is this one "test" where you have to drop your pants and they squeeze your balls and you're asked to cough.

Don't ask me what they determine with this one, but it's done anyway.
    Do they really do that? I thought that was just a running joke on tv and had no basis in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I don't want a male doctor examining me

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

ScumLord wrote: »
    Do they really do that? I thought that was just a running joke on tv and had no basis in reality.

Yepp, they do ...or at least they did 25 years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

to see if your a man

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

A quick Google......

If a person has a hernia, this part of the bowel can become trapped inside the scrotum, causing serious problems. The physician checks for this by having the male cough while feeling inside the scrotal sac. Hernias may be felt as the person coughs and the bowel is pushed downwards.

Source > http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/uvahealth/peds_growth/malephyexam.cfm

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

anyone ever get the old cup n' cough?
    peasant wrote: »
    there is this one "test" where you have to drop your pants and they squeeze your balls and you're asked to cough.
    Yep, they do, though I don't think it's as common any more. Believe me, having a grumpy old male doctor with hands like leather suddenly grab you by the nads and bark at you to cough is not a nice experience, especially at 15! He was damn lucky he didn't get a belt!

Maybe why I prefer a female doc ...! :D

crosstownk wrote: »
    A quick Google......

If a person has a hernia, this part of the bowel can become trapped inside the scrotum, causing serious problems. The physician checks for this by having the male cough while feeling inside the scrotal sac. Hernias may be felt as the person coughs and the bowel is pushed downwards.

Source > http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/uvahealth/peds_growth/malephyexam.cfm
    I didn't want to know that, blagh..

• Advertisement
Advertisement