Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever been to court?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Got arrested for being drunk and disorderly. The judge let me off with a fine cause the Gardai left out any details of me being violent (I kicked their car ><). The judge gave the Garda a verbal bashing about wasting his time on someone who was just drunk.

Afterward I asked the Garda why he didn't tell the judge about the kicking and why he took the abuse from him, he said because he figured I wasn't some scumbag and he'd probably never see me in a cell again. Obviously I was very grateful.

My only serious experience of the Gardaí and a very positive one.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

At the back of the Four Courts I thinks theres some type of district court (maybe its even the Bridewell) where you can breeze right in. People up on all sorts of stuff and quite a few characters to say the least. I brought my American girlfriend there one time to see the guys in the wigs and gowns as she had never seen it before. It was right before Christmas and there was one real rough character up from Spike Island hoping to get out on bail. The judge refused due to his rather impressive rap sheet. As he was being led back down to the cells, he muttered "fvck you you ould cvnt" to the judge. I was full sure the judge was going to call him back for contempt but as it was the last case of the day the judge pretended he didnt hear it. Everyone, guards, barristers were pissing themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Femmy wrote: »
    Is that so....

You bet thats life! remember, the person suffering most in this is your daughter. Will she be happy to see or hear that her Daddy is in jail ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

You bet thats life! remember, the person suffering most in this is your daughter. Will she be happy to see or hear that her Daddy is in jail ?

You never know what goes on behind closed doors. It might be a good idea to leave the woman alone, as judgement based on one or two posts here can't possibly take the intricacies of the relationship involved. Unless, of course, you know Femmy, in which case you don't need to discuss it here, do you?

I've been in court a few times between transition year PAL stuff and work experience. In one case a door with a huge hole in it was brought in as evidence. It took five gardai to carry it in. Another time the judge threatened to throw all of us out of the gallery if we didn't stop giggling, but it was just really bloody funny at the time. I can't for the life of me remember why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Blush_01 wrote: »
    You never know what goes on behind closed doors. It might be a good idea to leave the woman alone, as judgement based on one or two posts here can't possibly take the intricacies of the relationship involved. Unless, of course, you know Femmy, in which case you don't need to discuss it here, do you?
    i
    I would be inclined to argue that femmy's petty domestic affairs should be left private and she shouldn't have invited comment on them by discussing them here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Well, i have to disagree with you there, its not life, it doesnt happen everyone, its not my fault it has happened..its not life...its unfortunate...Well obviously i wouldnt be telling her or showing her her father is in jail, what kind of mother do you think i am? He doesnt speak to her for weeks on end anyway, so i doubt she'll even realise where he is. He wont go to jail anyway, just court.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

i
    I would be inclined to argue that femmy's petty domestic affairs should be left private and she shouldn't have invited comment on them by discussing them here.

There is nothing petty about her situation, and as this is a discussion about courts, surely it is entirely relevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Expert witness on the odd murder case or three both in England, Scotland and here.

Advertisement