Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chem trails

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Zulu wrote: »
    I sure do! Our government is investing billions into a huge undercover scheme to slowly poison us. I know it sounds a bit whacky, but they've been training a secret group within the air corp to pilot massive spraying tankers. These tankers where secretly bought from the US and imported into Shannon by the american army.
    The government has agents in the airports authority naturally and air traffic control, so these flights are completely unaccounted for and covered up, and the planes are stored in a top secret complex of hangers hidden in Baldonnel, Dublin and Shannon airports.
    The reason the government are doing this is so we'll all spend more money on healthcare, in particular the VHI (didn't you wonder why there is so much uproar over the VHI not being competitive???) That's also wh the government aren't spending these billions on the healthcare system here. Wake up people it's all a big scam so we'll spend more on big business.
    Those pesky fat cats are at it again!!!!!

My sarcasm sense is tingling. :)

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Yes. They're contrails. They do that. They've always done that.

I keep saying this to you rigormortis they are exactly what you'd expect from contrails, nothing more. Are you going to keep going on with this fantasy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭rigormortis

meglome wrote: »
    Are you going to keep going on with this fantasy?

What? are you suggesting the thread should be locked based on your personal opinions.

This is something I never understood, why do people attack subjects such as chemtrails, if they personally believe the problem does not exist.

I don't comment on aliens, I think the whole thing is a hoax, however i will not attack others who do believe. Let them believe what they wish because I know that the subject will not have a personal effect on me personally.

People here seem intend on "shattering" the personal opinions of myself and others, why bother?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Speaking for myself, it's to satisfy my personal curiosity as to what drives someone to believe something without any evidence whatsoever.

Before you counter that, your photographs don't constitute evidence of anything whatsoever other than airplanes.

Speaking for myself, it's to satisfy my personal curiosity as to what drives someone to believe something without any evidence whatsoever.

Before you counter that, your photographs don't constitute evidence of anything whatsoever other than airplanes.

You see I have perceptions, senses. I tend to put these into action, and the logical conclusion is that a widespread chemical spraying operation has been undertaken. Not everyone has to be lead by the media, although the majority are. You yourself seem to have far from a personal curiosity about others. Rather you seem to use any possible reason to silence the opinions of others.

Can you not accept other opinions? What is it with the conspiracy forum. People seem to have an intense interest in the various topics, why? Most of the other sheep happily post away in the sports forum. Why not let the crazy people debate away.

I am yet to hear of a non majority opinion from yourself, with the exception of your opposition to voting machines.

• Advertisement

You see I have perceptions, senses. I tend to put these into action, and the logical conclusion is that a widespread chemical spraying operation has been undertaken.
    Senses alone are not enough to inform you completely about the world. You also need to engage your rational faculties, and check the evidence presented to you by your senses.

For example: you look up and see vapour trails in the sky. Based on this - and only on this, by your own admission, you conclude that there is a widespread evil plot to spray everyone with chemicals. You don't seem too bothered about trying to figure out who and why, but let's leave that aside for a second.

I look up and see vapour trails in the sky. Based on my (less than encyclopaedic, but reasonably detailed) knowledge of aviation and meteorology, I conclude that they are contrails left by jet aircraft. Why? Because they look and behave exactly like contrails do and have always done. That's my perceptions and senses at work.

Then I read about "chemtrails" here. It's an interesting concept, so I've looked into the idea. There is no evidence whatsoever for it. There are dozens of websites bedecked with photographs of contrails and altocumulus clouds, and some poorly-researched and badly-reasoned stories about barium.

The logical conclusion is that there are no chemtrails. A plot of such magnitude, carried out brazenly in public view, couldn't reasonably be kept secret, and would (by definition) leave vast quantities of evidence. No such evidence exists.

Having concluded this, I'm curious about what leads other people to arrive at a different conclusion. I'm still at a loss, because those who appear to believe most strongly in the idea are the most coy about actually producing anything resembling evidence or reason.
    You yourself seem to have far from a personal curiosity about others. Rather you seem to use any possible reason to silence the opinions of others.
    I don't know what you mean by this, and - true to form - you haven't explained (nor do I expect you to) what you mean.

Are you talking about the fact that I've banned several of your incarnations from the forums I moderate?
    Can you not accept other opinions? What is it with the conspiracy forum. People seem to have an intense interest in the various topics, why? Most of the other sheep happily post away in the sports forum. Why not let the crazy people debate away.
    I don't see any reason to accept an ill-informed, badly-reasoned opinion as having the same validity as my own.
    I am yet to hear of a non majority opinion from yourself, with the exception of your opposition to voting machines.
    Another case where I combined my existing knowledge with research into a subject, and arrived at a conclusion that I can logically justify.

You should try it some time.

. You don't seem too bothered about trying to figure out who and why, but let's leave that aside for a second.

I am presently looking very deeply into the area. I have written many government organisations, e mailed and phoned. As for evidence, you and others like you require a BBC reference before anything is believed.
    I don't know what you mean by this, and - true to form - you haven't explained (nor do I expect you to) what you mean.

Are you talking about the fact that I've banned several of your incarnations from the forums I moderate?

Got it in one. The society ban yesterday seemed totally unjustified. But true to my word I have avoided all controversy.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yeah, I was looking for that information. How to you get it?, the camera will not allow me to imbed on the photo itself. As for the time and zoom, I have about 20 images over about an hour with different zooms. I also have videos, however it takes about 2 days to upload a few minutes to youtube. Forgot the camera yesterday, more pictures will be shown today.

Anyway, point backed up by the man. 21+ minute condensation trails, gradually spreading out, anyone have an explanation?
    It's automatically embedded into the photo. It's called EXIF data, can be found in image programs like Photoshop for example.

Gordon wrote: »
    It's automatically embedded into the photo. It's called EXIF data, can be found in image programs like Photoshop for example.

Yeah I knew what it was called, extracting it proved to be the problem. I'll have a look into it.

I am presently looking very deeply into the area. I have written many government organisations, e mailed and phoned. As for evidence, you and others like you require a BBC reference before anything is believed.
    Didn't take long to take the discussion ad hominem.
    Got it in one. The society ban yesterday seemed totally unjustified. But true to my word I have avoided all controversy.
    That's a bare-faced lie. Your original ban from Green Issues was for posting conspiracy theories there. You re-registered to evade the ban, for which site policy is to siteban both accounts. You were given a chance by DeVore, which you squandered by...

(drumroll please, maestro)

...posting conspiracy theories in Green Issues.

There are lots of people on this forum I disagree with, and who are not banned from Soc or Politics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

I believe that those chemtrails may be largely composed of toxic dihydrogen monoxide.

:)

Didn't take long to take the discussion ad hominem. That's a bare-faced lie. Your original ban from Green Issues was for posting conspiracy theories there. You re-registered to evade the ban, for which site policy is to siteban both accounts. You were given a chance by DeVore, which you squandered by...

(drumroll please, maestro)

...posting conspiracy theories in Green Issues.

There are lots of people on this forum I disagree with, and who are not banned from Soc or Politics.

This is not a personal attack, this is a discussion. I was banned from green issues for posting a very popular view, that global warming is a hoax. I wanted people to at least be aware of the other side of the story.

Devore, I found to be a very reasonable personal, very professional.

My ban yesterday from the whole for the society forum seemed harsh in the extreme.

As for others who are not banned, they have not the ability to make points with the same force as myself.

This is not a personal attack, this is a discussion.
    "You and others like you" isn't discussion. It's arm-waving, and dodging the issue.
    I was banned from green issues for posting a very popular view, that global warming is a hoax. I wanted people to at least be aware of the other side of the story.
    You were banned for spamming that viewpoint and continually disrupting discussion. I had received several complaints before I acted.
    Devore, I found to be a very reasonable personal, very professional.
    Think he's still on your side? Maybe you should ask him on that Help Desk thread.
    My ban yesterday from the whole for the society forum seemed harsh in the extreme.
    Having been banned from Green Issues, you started posting conspiracy theories in Politics. I'm not sure why you're not sitebanned, tbh.
    As for others who are not banned, they have not the ability to make points with the same force as myself.
    You don't make points, you just post one-liners, straw men, ad-hominems and links to CT websites.

"You and others like you" isn't discussion. It's arm-waving, and dodging the issue. You were banned for spamming that viewpoint and continually disrupting discussion. I had received several complaints before I acted.
    And could you not inform me of this? The only posts I made in green issues were on a thread started by myself.
    Think he's still on your side?
    Devore was never on my side
    Having been banned from Green Issues, you started posting conspiracy theories in Politics. I'm not sure why you're not sitebanned, tbh. You don't make points, you just post one-liners, straw men, ad-hominems and links to CT websites.

What is this. Can I not post as I choose? Thats your opinion by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You may be able to find programs to export/extract the EXIF data, or as it may be called "metadata". I had one some time ago at another workplace but can't remember the name of it. Although it was costly.

The only posts I made in green issues were on a thread started by myself.
    Liar: user casey212 posted in twelve threads on Green Issues, of which only one was started by that user.

Liar: user casey212 posted in twelve threads on Green Issues, of which only one was started by that user.

No, that was before I read the rules. As I said in the feedback thread, I have no intention of breaking any more rules. I have not broken any rules as Rigormortis. Prove me wrong and the ban is justified.

No, that was before I read the rules. As I said in the feedback thread, I have no intention of breaking any more rules. I have not broken any rules as Rigormortis. Prove me wrong and the ban is justified.
    Not that I need to justify myself to you, you once again started posting conspiracy theories on Green Issues.

This is way off-topic. Yet another thread diverted to a meta-discussion on the motives of people who don't blindly buy into conspiracy theories.

Not that I need to justify myself to you, you once again started posting conspiracy theories on Green Issues.

This is way off-topic. Yet another thread diverted to a meta-discussion on the motives of people who don't blindly buy into conspiracy theories.

I quoted published writings in response to baiting by fellow posters.

Question, that is all I say.

• Advertisement

Any sign of that evidence I was looking for earlier?

Any sign of that evidence I was looking for earlier?

I am working on a portfolio of evidence, with the view of sending this to the Department of Defence.

I am working on a portfolio of evidence, with the view of sending this to the Department of Defence.

Well I hope you'll be doing a better job with them that you did with us. I haven't seen you post any evidence yet, as much as I love cloud pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Okay,
    Whats going on here is Casywhatever no rigormortis?

Chemtrails, no one wants to answer the questions I have on them.
    Kippy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Are you mad man!?! Sure it's them that are doing it! You'll just alert them to yourself.

If I was you buddy, I'd just drop off the radar.

meglome wrote: »
    Well I hope you'll be doing a better job with them that you did with us. I haven't seen you post any evidence yet, as much as I love cloud pictures.
    Zulu wrote: »
    Are you mad man!?! Sure it's them that are doing it! You'll just alert them to yourself.

If I was you buddy, I'd just drop off the radar.

What is it with people, always jumping on band wagons. You perceive any sort of threat and you are on it. If this could be easily proved would we be having this conversation? No, you would be debating how great the government are, protecting us from global warming and all that.

Why?

Why?

A massive concern in relation to my health, and the health of others. To make a point, I'll not back down and live in a docile, watch sport and be happy state.

Why the Department of Defence? What do you want them to do with it?

• Advertisement

Why the Department of Defence? What do you want them to do with it?

Would they not be best positioned to provide information on airplanes flying over Irish airspace and dumping chemicals on the populace? I think so.

Advertisement