Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you a morning person?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

I'm grand earlier the better, seize the day and all that! the other half thinks morning time is 3pm! We clash at weekends!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah, I'm a 'morning person'. Ie I'm not some little bitchy thing like most people are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I get hyper active when I'm tired. I think its because I'm just running on adrenaline. Makes me great for late nights or being tired in work as I won't appear tired but I'm screwed if I get less than 4 hours sleep for 3 or 4 days for a week. I'll just lie down anywhere and fall asleep. I've fallen asleep standing up on the train home once. That's when I started going to bed earlier during the week.

I get up at 10 to 7 and am usually semi-conscious. Not in a bad mood or anything but not awake yet either. I need a cup of tea or a shower to wake up. I don't take showers in the morning in my current house because the guys in the house complain about the noise as I'm up before them so I take them in the evenings. I don't get tea in the morning as I go on a tea break as soon as I get into work so I generally just spend the morning half-conscious on the train to work. Makes the journey fly by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

people complain too much about it. if you simply shup up and just got on with it, you would get over the morning faster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Lux23 wrote: »
    Im not a morning person although it can depend on the morning, if I am looking forward to something that day I am much happier.
    Indeed! If I'm getting a flight or something I'm straight outta the bed. Work mornings though? Just five more minutes.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

I'm a complete morning person, so much so if i have been out the night before i still get up at about 8! Recently its been taking me ages to fall asleep at night time but I still manage to wake up really early and feel fine. Hope this continues when I start working full time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I don't do mornings....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Grand once I get to work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

Im a morning person on Saturdays and Sundays :D

Hate Monday mornings - like a bear in the morning but Mondays are the worst !

I prefer evenings and night time - its when Im the most creative, when I study and work best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Can't say I've much of a problem with the alarm going off at 7.15 - even if it is dark and miserable at the moment. And my humour's good too in the mornings. I do take a power nap during lunch if I can - definitely start to feel sleepy around then, but once I've the power nap I'm full of beans again. Should be asleep earlier than this though so good night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 pert

I don't function before 11am

I also get morning sickness, despite not actually being pregnant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Motorbreath

I just can't do mornings unfortunately. Wish I was more of a morning person sometimes. Would get so much more done! Takes a good 45 minute battle with my alarm clock before I actually get up. :rolleyes:

Was always more of a nightowl tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I would rather not be talked to in the first hour or so after I get one but once I get some tea into me then I'm grand. I know some people who are wired and sometimes I want to... *makes back stabbing gesture*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Alot of night owls on here!

I'm pretty rubbish in the mornings. I had insomnia recently for about a fortnight and couldn't get my body clock back in sync so I could get up in the morning to go into the office. So I was getting to sleep at about 8am and getting up any time between 2pm and 8pm. Not very conducive to the whole 9 to 5 thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

If I'm in bed before 12 I'm grand in the morning(relatively speaking). Any time after that and mornings are a living hell for me.

Sometimes I tend to feel sorta sick in the morning when I'm tired, I don't have an appetite and feel REALLY ****ty for about an hour after getting up...

Also, anyone else set their alarm clock ridiculously early? I get up at 8.30, yet I set my alarm for about 7 and constantly hit the snooze button for an hour and a half. I also set my alarm clock 45 minutes later than the actual time to delude my tired self into believing that it's later than it actually is and that I really need to get out of bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Most of you sound like you need to switch to a 6-day week.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I have to set 4 alarm clocks, no matter how early I get to bed. I think that says it all really. I abhorr mornings, and on weekends am only up before 2 if there is football on to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Papergirl 1

I like mornings! Freshest part of the day. Its all downhill from there on in:

-Morning-Fresh as a Daisy
    -Afternoon-Slumped after havin too much lunch
    -Evening-Grumpy as f**k after people wrecking me head in work all day
    -Night-Either half asleep on the couch, or loaded in some pub talkin sh**e

Advertisement