Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you a morning person?

Options
  • 20-11-2007 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

I've probably realised that I'm more a 'morning person' than a lot of people.
    Ok, the initial wake up mightn't be lovely (as the alarm clock is buzzing), but once I'm in the shower and getting ready, I'm in really good form and looking forward to the day ahead (most day!).

So, do you wake up feeling on top of the world, singing in ther shower and skipping along to work, p*ssing off anyone you encounter on your way with your high happy levels?
    Or are you a miserable grumpy boots that grunts and tries to avoid anyone, especially those freaky morning people and try and make it to lunch unscathed?

Are you a morning person? 116 votes

Goooooooood morning!!! I love the morning the second I open my eyes!!
    0% 0 votes
    Uggh, just wait til I hit the shower then I'll be bright and breezy!
    12% 15 votes
    Once I get to work, I'm a happy chappie / girlie!
    17% 20 votes
    Uggh, I hate the morning. Stay outta my way!!!
    18% 21 votes
    I hate the morning... and evening!!! I hate everything!!
    44% 52 votes
    I'm a morning atari jaguar
    6% 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I've probably realised that I'm more a 'morning person' than a lot of people.
    Ok, the initial wake up mightn't be lovely (as the alarm clock is buzzing), but once I'm in the shower and getting ready, I'm in really good form and looking forward to the day ahead (most day!).

So, do you wake up feeling on top of the world, singing in ther shower and skipping along to work, p*ssing off anyone you encounter on your way with your high happy levels?

^^^

Thats me!. I'm a right annoying bollox in the morning (or so the OH will tell you).

I'm up, into the shower and attacking the day first thing. Even my dog can't handle me in the mornings and cries off back to bed!.

I get a dip in the afternoon, then I'm at it again in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

I hate everything in the morning. After lunch the world gets good again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm grand in the morning. Probably to do with insomnia more than anything.

When you've already been awake for hours it helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I hate waking up, and really hate getting out of bed if it's cold. I'm semi-conscious for most of my journey to college/work, and my eyes are barely open. I usually fall asleep on the bus.

But once I get past that "almost dead" feeling, I'm grand.

I much prefer getting up early (well, bout 10ish) to lying in bed all day, cos I feel like I've wasted the day if I do that... Weekends are not nearly frequent enough! Gotta make the most of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Once I'm awake awake I'm usually pretty chipper.
    Sure there yesterday - had been out til 4am, had to be up by 6.40am, drop the siblings to school & into work. I was up n ready in 20mins (incl making lunch).... even by my standards that was good.
    Then again this morning I was still tired...took a bit longer, but I tend to be happy enough after the first initial 20mins of waking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

no i'm a bed person unless its about noon then i'm an awake person!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Once I get to work I'm grand although this is generally because I'm miserable while waiting for the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Morning is the best time of the day. If work allowed I would be up everyday at 5am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

I hate mornings, and mornings hate me....

(thank bob for flexi-time - if I had to start work before 10 am, it would have disastrous consequences for my work, and my workmates (especially those pesky morning people....) and everyone I meet on the way to work...)

After lunch, the world is a brighter place...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

No, I'm the biggest bítch ever in the morning. I hate getting up and no matter what I have to do before I leave the house or how much I tell myself the night before I'll always get up at the latest possible time. My other half is worse so we're a disaster in the morning. You should really avoid me before 10, especally if I've had a bad nights sleep, I'm vicious!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

i have no preference really... if i have to i'll get up first thing... but if i'm let i'll typically stay up until dawn then sleep until 2. or sometimes i stay up til the wee hours and then get up really ****in' early... like last night, awake til 4 up at 7. i'm just wierd like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Im a night owl for sure but im also not one of these people who can't lie in bed all day. Pretty much no matter how late I stay up I will have to be out of bed by 10.30 on weekends. Have to be up at 8.30 for work during the week which isnt too bad by most peoples standards. Once ive had a shower im grand.

Am I?

Jesus no, I'm the worst **** you'll come across and I'm always running late too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Im not a morning person although it can depend on the morning, if I am looking forward to something that day I am much happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Mrs. Smashey regularly questions my sanity especially when I'm up at 7.30 on a Saturday morning. Morning is great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I'm a night person!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

I HATE MORNINGS!! AHHHHHH!! my bus for work goes at 8 in the morning, get up at quater to 8 at the earliest, manage to get a shower etc , and i do find getting the clothes ready the night before handy... I do be grumpy and my family know not to speak to me in the mornings, its not worth the hassel:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

DaveMcG wrote: »
    I hate waking up, and really hate getting out of bed if it's cold. I'm semi-conscious for most of my journey to college/work, and my eyes are barely open. I usually fall asleep on the bus.

But once I get past that "almost dead" feeling, I'm grand.

What he said.

I HATE mornings. I have to set my alarm for a half hour before my actual get-up time because I need time to adjust to the fact that I actually have to get out of bed.

Also, if people poke me awake, or wake me up before I'm good and ready I turn into a complete psychopath... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I HATE mornings, I'm still trying to wake up now at nearly one o'clock...come 9 or 10pm, I'll be full of beans and have loads of energy until about 1 when I just crash again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I too hate mornings. In the days of dodgy student accommodation once the fire alarm went off at 6am. In an enraged daze I considered that if there was a fire it was most likely because someone left the oven on at the other end of the house so I set snooze for 15 mins at which time I'd re-evaluate the situation and went back to sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

once i'm up and outta the bed i'm ok. its the getting up that it the problem. but form is mostly good. don't mind the mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Only Happy on weekend mornings.

On weekdays, i usually haven't slept enough the previous night to be jolly in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

I'm only after waking despite setting several alarm clocks for 9am, 10am etc so I can get some study done before my lectures. This pattern repeats itself throughout the week and @the weekend i don't even bother setting an alarm. I have been told that encountering me in the morning is treacherous. My own mother is actually afraid if she sees sight of me before 10am:( But i am a night owl and don't usually get to bet until 3am so it kind of balances...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Don't mind it - depends on the classes for the day.

I've started going for early morning runs before shower, food, college ... so I'm fully awake before I get on the bus, while everyone else's still half dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

Ugh i hate mornings. Mainly the getting up part. I've taken to putting my alarm on the other side of the room to force me to get up and turn it off. Usually works. Im a night person, love it. Kinda doesn't help with getting up the next day though. Vicious circle. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I really don't like getting out of a warm bed most mornings, but once I'm out I'm grand! Very tired by quitting time tho, often fall asleep on the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Rhiannon14

I tend to prefer getting up early, 7ish, since that generally means being done with work sooner. If for whatever reason mornings are free I'd tend to be up by 9 or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

I hate having to get out of bed...after that I'm not too bad but it still takes me a while to wake up fully. I'm usually tired in the mornings and on the way home in the evenings...and I get tired again by midnight.
    Bah...I'm just always tired!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

God I hate mornings. Nothing worse than monday mornings. Except last monday when it was lashing rain and I had no bike (twas nicked) and had to get up extra early for the bus, which took ages to come, which left me soaked.

BAH HUMBUG

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm cyclical. I HATE waking up and getting out of bed. The most depressing part of my day is waking up. By the time I get to lectures, I can be friendly and cheery enough, providing no-one pisses me off. I get progressively happier until about 3 or 4 pm, when I have a massive slump. By 7 or so, I'm grand again.

Advertisement