Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite Line?

Options
  • 20-11-2007 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,430 ✭✭✭✭

Its been quite the thought provoking day at cson towers today and in amongst the thoughts was this; What's your favourite line from any movie/tv show/book/whatever?

Two stand out for me;
    No, she gets a special cologne... It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good. They've done studies, you know. Sixty percent of the time, it works every time.
    My favourite of the many great Anchorman quotes 60% of the time it works everytime -- Lol

And,
    Would you let him drive the train to Cork Bill?

Classic Eamo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

If I can shoot rabbits, then I can shoot fascists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

"Man, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals"

Paul Newman: better than you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass ...and I'm all out of bubblegum"
    Roddy Piper in They Live

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

"I dig music!... I'm on drugs!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Colin Farrell In Intermission, Bathroom Scene In The Pub "Your old one, man.
    She poked me in the eye with her cock."

:D:D:D:D

P R I C E L E S S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

probably rentons rant from trainspoting on what its like to be scotish, or just to keep it simple, from the itaian job, 'you were only suppose to blow the bl**dy doors off'

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

"Ok you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?"

So many lines in Army of Darkness and the Evil Dead series in general, superb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

No Dougal, that's us, that's Catholicism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

probably what's in my sig, but another related, and shorter quote from the same source would be

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

another is this:
    "The Universe: some information to help you live in it

population: none
    It is known that there is an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination."

Douglas Adams, what a guy!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

"This one time, at band camp, I stuck a flute in my pussy!"

• Advertisement

irish-stew wrote: »
    probably rentons rant from trainspoting on what its like to be scotish

tommy doesn't it make you proud to be scotish

renton its s***e being scotish, we're the lowest of the low, the scum of the f**king earth, some people hate the english, i don’t, their just w**kers, we on the other hand are conalised by w**kers, we couldn't even get a good society to be conalised by, its a s***e state of affairs tommy, and all the fresh air wont make any difference

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Burt Reynolds:

"I've tried living the poor way, I've tried living the rich way, I prefer the rich way":D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

i know its only new but i'm quite fond of the luas line.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,430 ✭✭✭✭cson

irish-stew wrote: »
    tommy doesn't it make you proud to be scotish

renton its s***e being scotish, we're the lowest of the low, the scum of the f**king earth, some people hate the english, i don’t, their just w**kers, we on the other hand are conalised by w**kers, we couldn't even get a good society to be conalised by, its a s***e state of affairs tommy, and all the fresh air wont make any difference

The start of Trainspotting is excellent - Renton: Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a ****ing big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of ****ing fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the **** you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing ****ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, ****ed-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life . . . But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got heroin?

Also - "We call him the mother superior because of the length of his habit" lol

No Dougal, that's us, that's Catholicism.

The bit where Dougal lists out the whole Bible story and goes I don't understand it Ted - What don't you understand Dougal? - All of it.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

Pretty much everything in Its always sunny in philadelphia

- oh boo hoo you're addicted to crack

Frank:Charlie, I need a woman. I need a woman to... to cook for me, and clean up after me, and somebody that will do everything I say.
    Charlie: Well, thats just a maid, you want a maid?
    Frank: Yeah, that's right, a maid. A maid I can bang.

Charlie: And I'll tell you what else, you're not gonna find a bang maid, 'cause there's no such thing.
    Frank: I already did, your mom. Goodbye.

There's a baby in this dumpster.

I don't wanna be his friend, I wanna shoot him in the face!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I told you I was ill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

"Now go home and get your ****in shinebox" Billy Batts, Goodfellas

"No way would ya catch me doin it, poisonin me body with that sh1te!"

Begbie speaking about heroin, failing to see the irony he is smoking a fag and drinking whiskey at the time

Everything Dunphy on the "Niall Quinn is a creep" arguement. A particular highlight being "Rod Liddle! Hes the fella who left his wife for a young one!" :D:p

cson wrote: »
    The start of Trainspotting is excellent - Renton: Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a ****ing big television,........

Also - "We call him the mother superior because of the length of his habit" lol

also when diane speaks to renton for the first time out side the club, cant remember the exact line, but it finishes with

'what wrong boy, cat got your tounge'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

"Remember the other day when you told me I had pit stains? I have cried every 15 minutes on the half hour since you told me that. I'm racked with self-doubt, I have panic attacks, I'm claustrophobic, germophobic, phobiaphobic. I talk to myself, I talk to my cats, I talk to three separate shrinks about the fact that my cats often respond to me in my mothers voice. And yesteday when that stupid pretty surgical nurse handed you a pair of latex gloves, I almost killed the guy whose leg I was stiching up because I couldn't stop thinking of the two of you having sex on a box of steaks. Why a box of steaks? Because my father had an affair with a female butcher. And as I mentioned before, I am insane"

Elliot Reid in Scrubs

The Matchmaker - "Daddy! Daddy! The shitbucket's full"..."C'mere, give me a look at that...... theres at least 2 more goes left in that bucket"

Worth watching for that alone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭milli

They say it's as big as four cats, and it's got a retractable leg so as it can leap up at you better and you know what Ted, it lights up at night, and it's got four ears. Two of them are for listening and the other two are kind of back-up ears, and it's claws are as big as cups and for some reason it's got a tremendous fear of stamps and Mrs. Doyle was tellin' me that it's got magnets on it's tail so as if you're made out of metal it can attatch itself to you, and instead of a mouth it's got four arses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

I'm Rick James, bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Pretty much everything from Fr Ted and Douglas Adams.

But last week from the JDuffyShow, by a woman deriding a poledancing fundraiser (all possible puns intended) :

"I'm not repressed, I'm not even Catholic"
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Father Ted is the ultimate for lines. Here's two of my favs -
    Ted wrote:
    Clit power? What does that mean? I knew a Father Clint Power once, maybe she's talking about him?
    Mary: (to John) You've a face like a pair o' tits!
    John: At least that's one pair between us!

Intermission as well is comic gold, particularly Jerry Lynch -
    You just don't have the requisite Celtic soul, man
    This is what separates the men from the faggots.

and then there's -
    John wrote:
    I'll break your baldy head for ya, and I know you're baldy

The whole film is just brilliant. Tom Selleck references, 'sporty' older ladies, "Go fuck yourself" retorts, just brilliant.

Music wise the quote in my sig from Brighteyes song "Road to Joy" is great.

Yeah parts of intermission are comedy gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

"What do you mean? African or European?"

And Samuels whole intimidation scene from Pulp Fiction: "What does Marcelles Wallace look like?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭worded

"I have a catering bucket of nutella back at my place and I was wondering.........."

That one of my own favorite lines .....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

These are small... but the ones out there are far away

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Hello, sick people and their loved ones! In the interest of saving time and avoiding a lot of boring chitchat later, I'm Doctor Gregory House; you can call me "Greg." I'm one of three doctors staffing this clinic this morning.

I am a BORED certified diagnostician with a double specialty of infectious disease and nephrology. I am also the only doctor currently employed at this hospital who is forced to be here against his will. But not to worry, because for most of you, this job could be done by a monkey with a bottle of Motrin.

Speaking of which, if you're particularly annoying, you may see me reach for this: this is Vicodin. It's mine! You can't have any! And no, I do not have a pain management problem, I have a pain problem... but who knows? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm too stoned to tell.

So, who wants me?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Harry Callahan: I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry is the king of quotable lines.

Advertisement