Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Gear (DISCUSSION ONLY)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Lakland Skyline 55-02 Deluxe

Fretless Jazz

Yamaha RBX765A

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Nice Lakland and Yammy.... the fretless jazz..... :( not so mad on the fake "wear".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Doctor J wrote: »
    Not mine, but worth posting just to make Ancient1 cry :p

Mmmm, blondes. :)

fretlesspee.jpg

Don't think I've posted a pic of this since I've completed it yet. It sounds amazing now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Nice camera ;)

:o

Thanks ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Now that Bass appeals to me. You just want to pick it up and have a go. Nice.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Joe Robot wrote: »
    fretlesspee.jpg

Don't think I've posted a pic of this since I've completed it yet. It sounds amazing now. :)

Simple. Nice. Bravo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

That looks really nice - any shots of the whole guitar?

Ask and ye shall recieve!

fretlessfull.jpg

The headstock paintjob isn't as good as I wanted, I'll redo it eventually. :)

Sorry bout the bad quality pic on this one. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Still looks sweet though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 theshape101

it has lakland pick-ups

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

That tele is sweet. I want it...

Nice, those splattercasters look pretty cool! :cool:

Welcome to boards btw! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DaveyGem

Cheers, longtime lurker, you know the story. ;)

Some updated photo's of the black 'un! :D
    It now has DR Black Beauty strings on it, and they sound fuppin' great! :cool:

blackbeauty.jpg

blackbeauty2.jpg

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Some updated photo's of the black 'un! :D
    It now has DR Black Beauty strings on it, and they sound fuppin' great! :cool:

blackbeauty.jpg

blackbeauty2.jpg

:)

That is very tasty. The strings really set it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

indeed, looks teh sex. one thing i never get is i always thought aria was a cheap ass guitar brand but then i heard bout the cliff burton and i was like ....CONFUSED.

Woo! Stickified! :D

Patricide, the Japanese ones are best. :) Most, if not all of the Aria's you see here are MIK, or MIC.

yup, are there guitars worth anything much, i got a buddy with a mij one that hed just be willing t pretty much give away. never sounded good but mostly everything with the guitar is vintage to the point where it barely works. id say it just needs some work.

Patricide wrote: »
    yup, are there guitars worth anything much, i got a buddy with a mij one that hed just be willing t pretty much give away. never sounded good but mostly everything with the guitar is vintage to the point where it barely works. id say it just needs some work.

It depends on the model and condition, like every guitar. :p
    If he's going to give it away, why don't you take it off his hands and restore it back to its former glory! :)

I love the AP II SB's, they have a very distinct sound but still manage to be very versatile. If that makes any sense? :confused::D

• Advertisement

yea it does. I think its an aria pro 2. i shall look up arias stuff and give it a look. hell even if it isnt much to sell if it sounds different...... I do like different sounding guitars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

punchdrunk wrote: »
    web.jpg

Wow!! I'm likin' that a lot, did ya get it from the Candy Apple place?
    Hadn't even noticed this thread had got sticked!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Thanks!
    no i got it S/H from the Reverend forum,it's a U.S model,but they are only making Korean guitars now
    CAR doesn't seem like the cheapest site in the world...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

They really are magnificent instruments!

Welcome to the club. That guitar is damn nice :)

In fact, I'd go as far as saying it deserves its own thread with some more pics ;)

Whoa thats nice! How come it took so long? custom order? :confused:

Whoa thats nice! How come it took so long? custom order? :confused:

Nah. We have offices in Japan and i had a lad in Japan buy it for me. He was supposed to come over on a work trip last November but it got cancelled due to cut backs. We were waiting to see if he could get here but it never happened, then he had an accident and was hospitalised :(

He sent it late January and I got it on Thursday last. No customs either ;)

Doctor J wrote: »
    Welcome to the club. That guitar is damn nice :)

In fact, I'd go as far as saying it deserves its own thread with some more pics ;)

I tell ya Doc, I was impressed with the Tokai brand but Bacchus really are a step above. Such well made and fantastic sounding instruments, and so easy to play, at that price is amazing. The single coils just chime clarity and muddied up is, well, :D If only I was worthy :p

I do think your black/grey flamed maple one is sexier though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

punchdrunk wrote: »
    web.jpg

That is one sexy looking guitar alright, i'd love to hear how it sounds. What's the neck like? Fat?

• Advertisement

Quattroste wrote: »
    I tell ya Doc, I was impressed with the Tokai brand but Bacchus really are a step above. Such well made and fantastic sounding instruments, and so easy to play, at that price is amazing. The single coils just chime clarity and muddied up is, well, :D If only I was worthy :p
    Yep, I know I sound like a broken record rabbiting about them but there's just something very, very special about them that I just don't feel on other instruments. I was interested to hear what you think about the pickups, I just love the sound of my ones, I rate their pickups as highly as the guitars.
    Quattroste wrote: »
    I do think your black/grey flamed maple one is sexier though.

Well I won't fall out with ya arguing, but I like yours a lot :D

Now about that new thread... ;)

Advertisement