Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Gear (DISCUSSION ONLY)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

kev_s88 wrote: »
    and finally i get to add to my collection.introducing the latest advance in guitar technology........ The Gibson Robot guitar.
    It's very blue... Did the blue sheets come as part of the deal? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

and finally i get to add to my collection.introducing the latest advance in guitar technology........ The Gibson Robot guitar.

Nice one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Subtle case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

malice_ wrote: »
    It's very blue... Did the blue sheets come as part of the deal? :D

i wish... its not actually that blue in person.every pic of it ive seen makes it look alot brighter than it actually is.its realy quite a subtle blue.and the silver in the middle is not that defined.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I saw one last week and tbh, I thought it was horribly blue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

BostonB wrote: »
    Subtle case.

Hahaha

I wouldn't be caught dead carrying that thing around let alone playing it! :D
    Feckin' ridiculious case!

Granted, my 80's Aria Pro II bass has the logo on the case but its in an understated way which looks nice. It draws a few looks too. I've caught a few people twisting their head around on the DART trying to read it. Hahahaha :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

how much did that thing set you back? :)

2099 euro.tbh im not going to play it that much.i kinda got it to have it as a collector's item.and i will probably get a different case for it.the current one is just a bit too obvious

Thats ridiculous money for a Gibson.

You could have gotten a much nicer guitar that just stayed in tune, ever heard of locking tuners? :D

as i said im more into it for the whole collectible side of things.im not planning on playing this that much as i've already got some fine guitars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Joe Robot wrote: »
    You could have gotten a much nicer guitar that just stayed in tune, ever heard of locking tuners? :D

Personally I've never heard of locking tuners that can transpose your guitar into different tunings (and tune the guitar) :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

The guy got a new guitar, and I'm sure he's very happy about it, so it's pretty low knocking a new purchase. Really no need to be jerks about it, and locking tuners aren't the same thing, so why not just be happy for him instead of the begrudging?

Nice purchase Kev, I hope she plays great. ;)

thanks karl.but too be honest i couldnt give a toss what they think of it.i myself know its not the best guitar.and i dont care.i own a piece of history and thats all that matters to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

The guy got a new guitar, and I'm sure he's very happy about it, so it's pretty low knocking a new purchase. Really no need to be jerks about it, and locking tuners aren't the same thing, so why not just be happy for him instead of the begrudging?

Nice purchase Kev, I hope she plays great. ;)
    I totally agree, the best of luck with it Kev.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

Bravo, Mr. Hungus.
    kev_s88 wrote:
    but too be honest i couldnt give a toss what they think of it... i own a piece of history and thats all that matters to me.

More power to ya, lad!

2099 euro.tbh im not going to play it that much.i kinda got it to have it as a collector's item.and i will probably get a different case for it.the current one is just a bit too obvious

not a bad price ...from where if ya don't mind me asking?

Waltons in north frederick street.waltons is the only place in ireland selling them as they are Ireland's main Gibson retailer.as far as i know they are all sold out by now.when i phoned to put my deposit on last week they said i was lucky to get my deposit in when i did.they expected them to shift pretty fast.

Waltons in north frederick street.waltons is the only place in ireland selling them as they are Ireland's main Gibson retailer.as far as i know they are all sold out by now.when i phoned to put my deposit on last week they said i was lucky to get my deposit in when i did.they expected them to shift pretty fast.

Good luck with it. LP's are lovely to look at and sound beautiful especially the Peter Green bluesy type tones which i love but unfortunately for me are too damn heavy :( so i've settled on a 335 style guitar which i love.

yeah i agree about the weight.luckily they've managed to cut down on the weight of the Robot and it is actually comfortable enough.id even say its lighter than my '72 Telecaster Custom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Not mine, but worth posting just to make Ancient1 cry :p

famps.jpg

• Advertisement

Doctor J wrote: »
    Not mine, but worth posting just to make Ancient1 cry :p

famps.jpg

Nice, very Jimmy Page looking! :cool: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Nah. Jimmy's had a flamed top. That's just a cheap knockoff :p

Give ya €50 for it now Doc?

It's not mine to sell :D

Tell me more about your sig pic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Is it Kens ?
    It looks likes Ken's..

TK

It is. He brought his gear down last week.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

That + Bacchus P should = music but I ain't hearing any. What's going on Doc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

I used it for recording.. mean ass guitar.. I don't know how he keeps it so immaculate..

TK

feylya wrote: »
    That + Bacchus P should = music but I ain't hearing any. What's going on Doc?

I've been playing the P too much. I haven't even changed to set up since it came out of the box. I pick it up with good intentions but then I start playing stuff and a few hours later I've forgotten what I was going to do in the first place. It's a dangerous, dangerous bass :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

:mad: you would have to ask that!!!! Still don't have it. It's just a pic waiting to become reality. I'll have to wait until after Christmas now as I'll be away over the chrimbo period. Stupid Christmas.

• Advertisement

Nice!

Does the 55-02 have Lakland pickups or Barts?

Advertisement