Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Gear (DISCUSSION ONLY)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

sorry! his user name on adverts is macomester,based in marino

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Cool. Might see if he can look at my Bandmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Jeeeeeeeeeeeez Fruvai you have some unbelieveable gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Hey fruvai, I want to be you...

I want a Ring Stinger, Meatball and MoogerFooger delay so bad :cool:

lookin good Fru!

what pedal is that one that robo has painted??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

punchdrunk wrote: »
    lookin good Fru!

what pedal is that one that robo has painted??

It's just a simple True Bypass Looper ;)

fruvai wrote: »
    It's just a simple True Bypass Looper ;)

excellent,I love his art even more that his dry wit!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 NwRepairman

Oh Fruvai!
    Im in love with your HIwatt stack.... That Dr looks like a minter....
    Is that a 70's 2X12 also w Fanes?
    Best looking amp ive seen yet ;)
    I have 2 Dr's and a 71 4X12 but the 2x12 is just perfect....
    Gorgeous:o

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

Oh Fruvai!
    Im in love with your HIwatt stack.... That Dr looks like a minter....
    Is that a 70's 2X12 also w Fanes?
    Best looking amp ive seen yet ;)
    I have 2 Dr's and a 71 4X12 but the 2x12 is just perfect....
    Gorgeous:o

Thanks man :)
    The cab isn't from the 70's but it has got fanes.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Hornswoggle. I officially hate your guts. I'm jealous!!!!!!!

I've always wanted an SRV strat. How much did it set you back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Hey ElPron, how much was the Diageo board? I might get one as I can't find a case for my cheap homemade board, and it's falling to pieces as it is :o

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Hey ElPron, how much was the Diageo board? I might get one as I can't find a case for my cheap homemade board, and it's falling to pieces as it is :o

My Diago was €165. Seems a little pricey, but you have to see how solid these yokes are. I don't have to be nervous about my pedals' welfare anymore! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

El Pr0n wrote: »
    My Diago was €165. Seems a little pricey, but you have to see how solid these yokes are. I don't have to be nervous about my pedals' welfare anymore! :pac:

I didn't know they had them in there. I quite like the size of the gigman board, might get one soon. I have quite a lot of pedals but they're away in boxes. :(

Dord wrote: »
    I didn't know they had them in there. I quite like the size of the gigman board, might get one soon. I have quite a lot of pedals but they're away in boxes. :(

I got probably a little too excited when I saw they stocked Diago. It's a really great shop, I'll defo be making it my regular.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Here's my newest effect that I'm having a LOT of fun with... :cool:

Screenshot2011-03-13at210625.png

Keeping it real.

Winner of 'Instruments' most pretentious post ever!

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Keeping it real.

Winner of 'Instruments' most pretentious post ever!

wut? I'm not pretending anything, I really am having a lot of fun with this.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Technically, it's not gear...

feylya wrote: »
    Technically, it's not gear...

Of course it's gear! In this case, I'm using a computer, an audio interface, and a sampler that I made myself.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Gear is physical. People aren't posting pictures of their Pro Tools...

feylya wrote: »
    Gear is physical. People aren't posting pictures of their Pro Tools...

Well this isn't production software, it's an instrument.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I'll show you my algorithm if you show me yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Well this isn't production software, it's an instrument.
    I don't see people posting pictures of stuff like VST presets either. For what it's worth I don't necessarily disagree with posting stuff like what you posted it's just that I don't understand what it represents and therefore can't appreciate it.

Malice wrote: »
    I don't see people posting pictures of stuff like VST presets either. For what it's worth I don't necessarily disagree with posting stuff like what you posted it's just that I don't understand what it represents and therefore can't appreciate it.

Alright then. What I have is a sampler that i can vary the speed (and so the pitch) of the play back, play backwards, choose start and ends of the samples and do this all in real time and with random decisions. That patch right there is varying the pitch at random, jumping between normal, +1 octave and -6 semitones, and it sounds like this. At the moment the loading of samples is kinda slow but I'll be setting it up for 'on the fly' recording tomorrow.

But I don't see why anyone should necessarily be able to appreciate any of it. I don't appreciate the photos of seven string metal guitars or high-gain tube amps, and I don't understand why so many love Les Paul guitars, but that's my thing, I don't object to it either.

I don't think there's any difference between posting a VST setup and posting a pedal board.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

*insert normal bulls**t about not being boring and traditional*

I think it's healthy to experiment with VST's, and if that's what he considers to be part of his rig, well so be it, he's making music and that's his choice. Now whether it sounds good or not ;)

Same goes for the stiff traditional guitarists who play nothing but classic rock, straight into the amp, and think effects are horrible. Fair enough to them, that's their choice, they're making music that they like, respect.

We should all just respect how others define music and gear, and just get on with our lives and play bloody music :D

The post wasn't meant in a disparaging way. El Pr0n and I tend to agree on most things here anyway so it's all much of a muchness...

Maybe I should have just used a smiley to take the bite out of what I was saying.

But which one?! Oh the pressure.

wut? I'm not pretending anything, I really am having a lot of fun with this.

Uh oh. Punchdrunk just won the award. Your reign was short lived, but we'll remember it for the good moments.

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Uh oh. Punchdrunk just won the award. Your reign was short lived, but we'll remember it for the good moments.

Well I don't think anybody else on boards.ie can argue with punchdrunk's vintage m@j@ analogue toanz... :cool:

I won't lie,those spoons are reissues that have actually been reliced

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I don't appreciate the photos of seven string metal guitars or high-gain tube amps
    Oh now that's it. You just made it onto my list!

• Advertisement

Gaspode - bet it doesn't sound like much else either though :cool:

Advertisement