Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you chill out and relax?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Goat sacrifice. Nothing like sitting around watchin a flick bathed in goats blood.

Are there any you would recommend in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

put the feet up, fill myself a glass of 18 year old Jamesons and catch up on my american dramas (dexter, heroes, lost, CSI... etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

When I'm stressed I like to be alone. Listening to music is nice too.

cozmik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Smoke some crack with my homies...

Either that or get stuck into a great game (Mario Galaxy being the perfect example), start watching a new anime series or occasionally fire up my decks and have a quick mix...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Listening to music is the big one. Nothing better than sticking on a few chilled out choons.While listening to said music I like to -

Play some Pro Evo on the Playstation
    Browse the web/boards
    Play some guitar
    Cook

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The-Rigger wrote: »
    FYP ;)
    The Rig relaxes by making fun of me on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brethitmanhart

Music is number 1, then just lying down on a recliner browsing web on laptop....exactly what I'm doing now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Fishing. Matter of fact I'm heading out now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Music, chat to friends on MSN, Have a nice bottle of Wine, preferably Amarone.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

recliner, me guitar, laptop open on tab sites, or pc games...

the gym is only 30secs down the road.....i WILL join soon!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Play my banjo...Even though I suck, and have no desire to get very good, I just like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Judo relieves me of alot of my stresses, except when I get injured, then I stress :(

Other than that, I like to cook, play with the kids & take my dog for a walk/play.

I love taking a walk on Portmarnock beach, or Howth harbour. Esp on Sundays when the market is open on the harbour and I can sample lots of foods from lots of countries.

Another great one for me so sitting at the bar, news paper open and a fresh Carlsberg in front of me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

Are there any you would recommend in particular?

Kids films mainly, jungle book, lion king, they need to be short or else the blood goes cold, which just ruins the fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Big ass blow job(If she's in the humour):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Went on a relaxing drive to Wexford on friday night, Tom Waits up to 33 on the volume, bliss!

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Lying on my bed watching a dvd on my 32" flatscreen tv and surround sound, while eating Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

I put on a bit of Pearl Jam on the Ipod, a big mug o tea and a nice spliff, can't be beaten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭davejones

Drinking Beer/spirits helps me to relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Stress relief for me:
    Sit down on couch in front of TV with big tub of ice-cream
    Smoking
    Playing computer games
    Having a wa*k :D
    Browse internet
    Oh and sitting in a bar drinking a pint with m8s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Nightwish wrote: »
    Lying on my bed watching a dvd on my 32" flatscreen tv and surround sound, while eating Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

hell yea! i hear ya brother although my 32'' flatscreen is about a month away my last one went up in a cloud of smoke :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Shooting......................... Nothing more relaxes me more than taking the semi auto shotgun out for a stroll over the fields...................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Yea that makes no sense.

Question: How do you chill out and relax?
    Answer: Yore ma.

:confused:

Couldn't you of least made the effort and said

fúcking/screwing/lamping 'yore ma' out of it.

Please try harder.

Thought the question was "what do you do to chill out". My bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭csk

Having a few scoops while watching some match or other, playing guitar and listening to music, playing sport of any kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

When my 1-year-old toddler is asleep, I can chill out then! That's when I go and switch on my PC and log onto Boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Go out to the garage get the tunes going and hit the punchbag for half an hour...absolute bliss, probably keeps me sane:D

On a clear night star gaze with someone else and a cup of hot chocolate or a few bottles of Miller...some of the stuff you end up talking about is unreal...very therapeutic.

And like most people there's nothing better than chilling out watching a DVD. I prefer to watch most films alone, especially if I've never seen it before.... but the crack you can have watching 'One flew Over the Cuckoos Nest' with a group of mates is fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jonesy3110

Draw, write, listen to music all chill me out. The most relaxing thing in the whole world for me is waking up in my boyfriends bed in teh morning. That bed is so cosy it must be cursed. We're constantly late for stuff cos we always say "five more minutes..."

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

• Long drives (on my own, on a nice day, with stereo playing whatever music I feel like) in the countryside or anywhere, with no particular destination - I just love driving.
    • Boards or Internet in general.
    • Hot Bubbly scented bath with room only lit by candles.
    • Huge open fire & a book/magazine/dvd
    • Orgasm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

zuutroy wrote: »
    Play my banjo...Even though I suck, and have no desire to get very good, I just like it!

Is that a euphenism for something else?

You know, like the "skin flute" ?

Advertisement