Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman+heavy box=?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

1. Cut a hole in box

2. Put yo junk in that box

3. Make her open the box

/end dick in a box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Just as you posted this yesterday a pregnant colleague asked me if I could change a flat tyre on her car. I had no problem doing it as she is pregnant and I was the only male in the office.
    I came in this morning to be greeted by a box of Quality Street on my desk... Nice..

I would've asked her if she could lift other boxes belonging to me.

I mean if she's doing it already ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Woman+heavy box=fanny like a druids sleeve

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Droopy knickers?

LOL that's exactly what i thought too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Feminism and Chivalry are mutually exclusive (due to the chauvanistic presumption inherent in chivalry that women can't do something that men can), women made their choice, apparently they don't like men being chivalrous and were just humouring us for all those years....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

farohar wrote: »
    apparently they don't like men being chivalrous and were just humouring us for all those years....

playing the system the cheeky whenches.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Chunks

Poppy Cock wrote: »
    Really? Your days must be lame.

Yup, pretty much. There's only so much you can do under the stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

Rob_l wrote: »
    women get pregnant so they can do less work I reckon, its the only reason I can think of .

I hate to be the one to tell you this but in your case....yes its true. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Droopy knickers?

lol. I was thinking along similar lines. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Most men are stronger than most woman. Its not debatable at all.(Obviously a testosterone taking she hulk will be stonger that most men but you get my meaning.)

I would have taken the box off of her and carried it. I would asked her to hold the doors though. Because the stronger person should do the lifting and the weaker the peripheral job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Pregnancy is not an illness but it is someting that can impair certain physical activities ie lifting. If your male colleague with a broken arm was lifting a box would you offer to help?

For all those enlightened men who are complaining about women getting pregnant and taking time off, feel free to give birth yerselves when the time comes and you want sprogs.

Although, in the interests of fairness, I must say I did once encounter a girl who refused to lift a television up 2 flights of stairs because she "has a womb". She sat having a nice womb cleansing smoke while I traipsed up and down past her with TVs aplenty. Still have me womb intact to this day meself as far as I know.

Peared wrote: »
    For all those enlightened men who are complaining about women getting pregnant and taking time off, feel free to give birth yerselves when the time comes and you want sprogs.

thats what we keep you around for, so stop yer bitching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

cance wrote: »
    thats what we keep you around for, so stop yer bitching.

Be still my beating heart, I think Im in love. The sensitivity..the cute little attempt to offend.

I can feel my ovaries starting to twitch.

C'mon cance, between us we can get me 6 months off work and many many other womb related benefits. You can have a cigar and a half day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Peared wrote: »
    Although, in the interests of fairness, I must say I did once encounter a girl who refused to lift a television up 2 flights of stairs because she "has a womb". She sat having a nice womb cleansing smoke while I traipsed up and down past her with TVs aplenty. Still have me womb intact to this day meself as far as I know.

Strictly speaking she was correct; lifting heavy weights can cause the womb to prolapse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I've worked in a few places where boxes needed to be lifted and I found if she was Irish and I offered to lift it for her she'd give me dirty looks as if I was insinuating she was weaker than me

Were they all pregnant? If not, I could see why that would be mildly offensive (unless we're talking really huge boxes here).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Droopy knickers?

Legend, so hard to stifle the laughing in the office, I swear I'm doing work ;)

Personally I'd always offer to help a pregnant lady, whether it be for lifting or giving them a seat on the train. Normal young women should learn to do things themselves, hate when they're perfectly capable but dont even try!

Advertisement