Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it honestly turning out like this?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Down with this sort of thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

humbert wrote: »
    I remember living with two first years from Wexford when I was in college. One was 17, the other 18. Hearing them recount their experiences in secondary school left me torn between shock and envy. They were having the kind of depraved kinky sex in secondary school I was hoping to(and failing to) have in college:(
    I wonder whether they were telling the truth though.
    I was 18 when I lost my cherry, and if I could go back, I would have waited until later.

My sister's friend is at it and she's only 13. So my parents are watching my sis like a hawk and I don't blame them!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,355 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

It is not just the socially/financially disadvantaged and the abused that go for this you know.
    The convent girls had a reputation for it when i was younger (younger :D).
    Old Wesley; anyone?

13 - absolutely sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Honestly, I think this is all bravado. Most of these kids don't really know what they're talking about but probably feel pressured into acting "mature" and think that by saying these things, they'll look grown up. Although, I have to agree with the poster above who suggested sex is more readily available, even compared to when I was younger, (I'm 22 now.)

The internet gets a lot of the blame, but you also have to look at tv. Programs like the OC were aimed at 13 -16 year old girls and often contained sexual references. Also, I remember hearing of girls' magazines, (again same age group), that gave sex tips and had free sweets on the front cover.

Ah, i remember the tweenie magazines that the girls read, damaging stuff for a 12yr old to be reading.
    That said, maybe its the taboo about the whole thing thats creating the problem.

Jackie magazine 1988: Dear Pam, How do I become a good kisser? I'm 15.
    Bliss magazine 2007: Dear Pam, How do I give good head? I'm 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Dudess wrote: »
    I wonder whether they were telling the truth though.
    I was 18 when I lost my cherry, and if I could go back, I would have waited until later.

Ah they were very down to earth people and it only came up as incidental details in other stories, so I think they were. They were also remarkably well adjusted for their age.

I don't think when is most important, it's your level of maturity. I think in the absence of decent parenting you have girls regarding all things sexual as a way of getting attention(largely from older guys) and the popularity that brings.

Also I know girls who have come from strict families, often who have gone to all girls schools, who have a completely warped attitude toward sex and relationships with guys. They see guys as another species and don't know how to form proper relationships of any kind with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

I blame the 'Stupid Spoiled Whore' clothing line for corrupting the youth of today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Probably the internet, a lot of parents probably aren't putting any filters on their kids computers or have any clue of what they access.
    That's a pretty naieve assumption. If anything, I'd say the opposite is usually the case; parents who put no effort into teaching their kids about life, or worse, who smother them with restrictions.
    At least if they have free access to the internet, they have free access to important information.

If you think parenting means putting filters on your kids' internet access, or controlling their movements and monitoring them like mental patients, you're just going to end up with them turning into slappers one day when they find out the "hard" way.
    Just look at what goes on in rich-kid all-girls schools.

I blame the 'Stupid Spoiled Whore' clothing line for corrupting the youth of today
    I doubt that's an actual cause rather than a symptom. It's appallingly inappropriate all right though.

When i started drinking it was vodka and a field, im thinking with the kids having more money and the like its easier to get into mischief.
    The girls in particular can tart up like a twenty-something and end up in the clubs at 14 with no hassle from doormen, certain places have a reputation for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

sex? not the only problems.. I know of 13 year olds who've done lots more..

eg. ól, tabac, agus drugaí...to start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Poppy Cock

is this how the youth of today are turning out like?

Eh, no - obviously not, since you were warned about her, and she also sounds like a knacker. If everyone was 'turning out like this', there would have been no warning beforehand, as it would be considered the norm. Doesn't basic logic answer your question? She was a special case - hence the warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

kaimera wrote: »
    Dear Diary...

Jackpot.

Giggity Giggity!

I'm sorry, looked like it was going un-noticed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

When I lost my virginity 8 years ago at 18 that was considered normal enough. Now its seems to be 14 and in the space of less than a decade. My brother is 14 and has been with his girlfriend of 13 for nearly a year now and we are seriously freaked out about them having sex.

I am always a bit jealous when I hear about other peoples exploits, not that I don't get up to alot myself I would just like more of it!!

Advertisement