Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it honestly turning out like this?

Options
  • 14-11-2007 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,847 ✭✭✭✭

I was working tonight on a social placement, and before i was due to start i was warned about one of the youths who would be in (my placement is in a youth café). I was basically told to watch what i say and keep my eyes open about this one. I was expecting a serious scumbag of a young one coming in, trying to rob stuff, etc...

I was shocked to find that it wasn't a scumbag, but a respectable looking 15 year old girl. Now, without trying to sound paedophilic or anything, she was pretty. But, i then found out why i was warned about her. She, shall we say, offers services to people, for free. She has a limit as to what age these services are offered to, which starts at 24, as her own age group (in her own words) "just doen no how ta flaa rite!".

In the 2 hour period for which they were allowed in, i heard references to sexual positions and experimenting which even i don't know about. At the end of the night, she said to me "if ya nehd a littel sekchial frsutrashion relieved..." followed by a wink.

What i would like to know is, is this how the youth of today are turning out like? Is this what i am to be prepared for when i have kids and they get to that age? I was shocked by what was said to me, and it was only when i rang someone who lived in the area that he told me that there probably isn't a virgin over 13 in the area! Can this be right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Where's the cafe and when is she 16?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,847 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Is it not 17? And it's in i]place name deleted for legal purposes[/i

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Where's the cafe and when is she 16?

a hasty edit was made to this post me thinks:D

and is the age of consent now 16 for females
    it used to be 17 I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Eh, no. I think it goes without saying that the average 15 year old girl, doesn't go around offering sexual favors.

damn, I missed it. :D

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote: »
    Eh, no. I think it goes without saying that the average 15 year old girl, doesn't go around offering sexual favors.

Ok, maybe i poasted it wrong (no, i did post it wrong), but what i meant to ask is: are young people these days gettin jiggy with it at that young an age, ie: 13-15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Ok, maybe i poasted it wrong (no, i did post it wrong), but what i meant to ask is: are young people these days gettin jiggy with it at that young an age, ie: 13-15

I dont believe the majority of them are sure some will

So basically it's just where i was working tonight... And the place seems so nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Outer Bongolia

Where can I meet this young lady.

I would like to explain the dangers of her actions, by way of a demonstration

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I would love to think they aren't, however I'm afraid it would appear so.
    That other thread with the guy on the metro (I think) who got approached by the young lass is of a similar vein.
    Ya gotta wonder how they get sexualized so young.

• Advertisement

Probably the internet, a lot of parents probably aren't putting any filters on their kids computers or have any clue of what they access.

School too i'd say. I remember being in school and if anything sexual was mentioned it was straight to the principals office for using explicit language!!!

Is everybody honestly shocked that 15 year old girls are extremely sexual?

15 year old boys are hyper-sexual too, but that's seen as normal.

Not saying it's a good thing, but it doesn't shock me

I couldn't exactly say what she was saying. I know girls that young are sexually active, but this one was OTT. Normally, i'd say she's sprouting ****e, but it's been backed up ten fold by fairly reliable (and possibly first-hand) sources.

Young girls seem to do this a lot, they are all over the top sexual but quite a few of them would actually be active

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

A lot of this is biological in nature: in 1840, the average age for an English girl to hit puberty was 16 yrs 6 months; now it's below 13 because of better diet, less disease, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

There was sexual shenanigans goin on when I was 15... I have no doubt that that age is lower today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

There was a lot of talk of sexual shenanigans when I was 15, but I learned later on that that's exactly what it was - talk. I would say that girl is an exception.
    OP, I presume, given her use of the word "flaaa", it's Cork you're talking about? Or has our great word to describe engaging in the sexual act crossed borders?
    It is ****ed up how early some kids start having sex all right. When I was 13 I so wanted to have sex, but there's no way I would have done it. The fantasy was one thing, the reality would have frightened the crap out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

giggity giggity :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Doesn't sound any different to when I was going to school. Everybody knew about one girl in particular, at 13 she would look after you for 5 cigs, but there were a few others who were very easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

2 stroke wrote: »
    Doesn't sound any different to when I was going to school. Everybody knew about one girl in particular, at 13 she would look after you for 5 cigs, but there were a few others who were very easy.

christ, what school did you go to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yes, they are, if you just mean are young people engaging in sexual activity and sex itself at those ages - it's very common. However the vast majority won't go around flaunting it in such a manner! And I mean closer to the 15 age, girls of 13 having sex would be an exception. They're still kids at that stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Easier than five cigarettes?
    Sweet. :D

There were a few sexually active girls around when I was 12/13.

Looking back now, they all came from disruptive homes. Bad parenting is too blame from what I have seen.

Then again, there are girls out there who are just extremely curious.
    I don't think the one the OP mentions is one of those though.
    There are obviously serious problems at home.

Next week on Dr. Terry...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I blame Paris Hilton!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Some of them might be experiencing sexual abuse at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Depends on the people and the area. I remember being told a girl was giving blowjobs when I was in first year in secondary school. Think she was 12 at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Cant wait till she gets preggers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I remember living with two first years from Wexford when I was in college. One was 17, the other 18. Hearing them recount their experiences in secondary school left me torn between shock and envy. They were having the kind of depraved kinky sex in secondary school I was hoping to(and failing to) have in college:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Dear Diary...

Jackpot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I lost my virginity at 15 but I had been with my boyfriend a good while and was with him for a long time afterwards. It's different obviously because he wasn't over 24 or paying me for it and I didn't offer it to anyone else!

When I look at today's 15 year olds they seem much younger to me than I felt back then but it is scary to think that young teens are selling themselves like that.

Advertisement