Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite/ most memorable quotes.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Double C wrote: »
    McNulty: You know why I respect you so much Bunk?
    Bunk: Huh?
    McNulty: Its not cos your good police, because...**** that right?
    Bunk: Mmm **** that, yeah.
    McNulty: It's because when I came time for you to **** me...you were very gentle.
    Bunk: You damn right.
    McNulty: See cos you could have hauled me out of the garage and bent me over the hood of a radio car...but no, you were very gentle.
    Bunk I knew it was your first time, wanted to make that **** special.
    McNulty: And it was man, it ****in was.

Brilliance

Was about to post it :)

That and 'f**kin stairmaster'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

Security Guard: Look, I told you I ain't stepping to. I ain't disrespecting you, son.
    Marlo Stanfield: You want it to be one way.
    Security Guard: What?
    Security Guard: Man, I don't want it to be --
    Security Guard: [losing temper] Man, stop --
    [pulls himself together]
    Security Guard: Stop saying that.
    Marlo Stanfield: But it's the other way.

fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

Season 5, Episode 4.

The Co-Op is having a meeting and one of the members, Hungry Man, vents his anger at Cheese for making what he calls "incursions" into Baltimore County territory earmarked for him and his people.

"'Incursions'?" Cheese says mockingly. "Ain't you the articulate mother****er?"

I smile everytime I think of that quote:)

ongarite wrote: »

The highlight of series 1, fantastic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

McNulty on the 'Serial Killer' - "He's maturing" :D Laughed for hours!

Marlo on Omar's Leap of Faith! - "Some Spiderman **** right there"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

Sgt. Landsman: "For you I would suggest some pantsuits, perhaps muted in color, something to offset Detective Moreland's pinstripe lawyerly affectations and the brash tweedy impertinence of Detective Freamon"

brash tweedy impertinence!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 El Diablo89

Double C wrote: »
    McNulty: You know why I respect you so much Bunk?
    Bunk: Huh?
    McNulty: Its not cos your good police, because...**** that right?
    Bunk: Mmm **** that, yeah.
    McNulty: It's because when I came time for you to **** me...you were very gentle.
    Bunk: You damn right.
    McNulty: See cos you could have hauled me out of the garage and bent me over the hood of a radio car...but no, you were very gentle.
    Bunk I knew it was your first time, wanted to make that **** special.
    McNulty: And it was man, it ****in was.

Brilliance
    I'm reading Homicide a year on the killing streets and this exact scene is in the book word for word.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Omar & Brother Mouzone before their face-to-face with Stringer.

It was along the lines of ..

Omar: "for this one we go through the front door"

Brother Mouzone "that'll be a first for you ?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

The FBI serial killer profile was a cracker...

A white male in his late 20s to late 30s who is not a college graduate but feels superior to those with advanced education. Is likely employed in a bureaucratic entity, possibly civil service or quasi public service, from which he feels alienated....

....The suspect is described as having trouble with lasting relationships and is possibly a high functioning alcoholic, with alcohol being used as a trigger in the commission of the crimes...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Norman's impression of Clay Davis' Sheeeeeeet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 The Bunk

the bunk in the bath when mcnulty tries to get him home " i got to burn them clothes to get rid of the p@ussy DNA" classic line :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I think the greatest quote is from Season 2.

Frank Sobotka looking out over the docks near the end of the series: "We used to make things in this country". The second series is possibly the best season along with season four in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,389 ✭✭✭✭Penn

can't believe this hasn't been mentioned:

FROG: Naw, see, that ain't the way it work, yo. It ain't. 'Cause like, I'm the one out here all day takin' the chance, right? I'm sayin', police roll up into this bitch, it ain't gonna be you that catch no charge. So, least-wise, the thing you need to do is lay all that good **** down on an even-split, yo. Come Friday, me and my niggas done sold all that **** off, you come past and get paid. That how I'm at with it.
    NICK: Hey, Frog. Come here. No, seriously. Come here. First of all, and I don't know how to tell you this without hurting you deeply, first of all, you happen to be white.

Gotta love Nicks delivery

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,343 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

This one:
    Bull****, boy. No victim? I just came from Tosha's people, remember? All this death, you don't think it ripples out? You don't even know what the **** I'm talking about. I was a few years ahead of you at Edmondson, but I know you remember the neighborhood, how it was. We had some bad boys, for real. Wasn't about guns so much as knowing what to do with your hands. Those boys could really rack. My father had me on the straight, but like any young man, I wanted to be hard too, so I'd turn up at all the house parties where the tough boys hung. ****, they knew I wasn't one of them. Them hard cases would come up to me and say, "Go home, schoolboy, you don't belong here." Didn't realize at the time what they were doing for me. As rough as that neighborhood could be, we had us a community. Nobody, no victim, who didn't matter. And now all we got is bodies, and predatory mother****ers like you. And out where that girl fell, I saw kids acting like Omar, calling you by name, glorifying your ass. Makes me sick, mother****er, how far we done fell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 tferg20

"Shardene better be awake, too...cause I do believe Lester Freamon's in the mood for love''

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

"Bushmills?! - That's a Protestant whisky! :eek:" - McNutty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Cant remember this exactly, Daniels asks Rawls to let McNulty back in:

"Jesus, Lieutenant, When I said anything, I meant I'd let you have a kiss....Feel my tits or somethin', y'know. But not this"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

"There you go. Giving a fúck when it ain't your turn to give a fúck"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

The Bunk: I'm just a humble guy with a big dick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 freshtodeath

Bubbles' trademark "obliged!"

When Omar is being prepped before testifying in court...

Attorney: "... you even suggested the manufacturer; 'Australia, or one of them "A" countries', is that correct?"

Omar: "Indeed

:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DaveyGem

Bunk in season 4 at some stage.

Bunk:Aint got no love for the Bunk? Is it the collogne? <Sniffs> Hmmm pussy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

K4t wrote: »
    I think the greatest quote is from Season 2.

Frank Sobotka looking out over the docks near the end of the series: "We used to make things in this country". The second series is possibly the best season along with season four in my opinion.

"You know what the problem is, Brucie? We used to make **** in this country... build ****. Now we just put our hand in the next guy's pockets."

For me this quote is perhaps the defining one of The Wire. Was just reading a post on a forum where I found the quote and it said Sobotka was like a Shakespearean character.

No bigger compliment that that really - I'd agree wholeheartedly with it.

"Bushmills?! - That's a Protestant whisky! :eek:" - McNutty.

Had to laugh at that one

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BuachaillAbroad

"Play in dirt, you get dirty" - McNulty from Seaon 4

Think that sums up the whole politics/police side of The Wire for me.

Also agree with previous writer's Frank Sobotka's "We used Build..." comment as well.

Great show...I've been out of work this week with an ACL injury & The Wire is maintaining my sanity!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭McGrath5

From season 5 when Marlo goes to meet with sergei in prison but instead Avon shows up
    " Up in this bitch, i'm what you might consider an authority figure"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ronan o'meara

Cheese - Ho was pullin guns from her p*ssy and sh*t. Sh*t was unseemly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

McNulty: Don't be so hard on the Greeks, Bunk. They invented civilisation.

Bunk: They invented ass fu*kin too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭lukin

I've only just finished watching season one and have seen a bit of season two but the "These are for you McNulty Scene with Rawls" in season one is a classic. He gives McNulty two fingers and says:

"These are for you, one for your eye, and one to shove up your narrow Irish ass."

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Flairpinnedme

the king stay the king.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭the_god_swan

Avon to Stringer "I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭deisedude

Cheese looking to get paid "Wheres my cheese at?":cool:

Advertisement