Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite/ most memorable quotes.

Options
  • 14-11-2007 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭

I've already outlined the most memorable quote for me from The Wire, so now my favourite. It's hard to choose from the best dialogue I've come across in any tv show. I will go for D'Angelo Barksdale's depiction of the inventor's of the chicken McNugget fate.

"F**k right. It ain't about right, it's about money. Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down that basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget, you the bomb. We selling chicken faster than you can tear the bone out so I'm gonna write my clowny-ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you." ****. Man the nig*er who invented them things, still working in the basement for regular wage thinking of some sh*t to make the fries taste better or some sh*t like that."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Jaysus where does one start - just so many examples to choose from.

Rawls to McNulty after
    Greggs got shot and McNulty is in shock and blaming himself
    :

"Listen to me, McNulty. You took a lot of risks. You played a lot of wild cards. And, you made a lot of fucking people do a lot of things they didn't want to do. You, McNulty are a gaping asshole. I know it, and I'll be fucked if everybody in CID didn't know it. But, I'll be also fucked if I let you sit here and think you did a single fucking thing to get a fucking police shot. Believe it or not, not everything is about you. Get it into your head McNulty it's not your fault. And the motherfucker telling you this, he fucking hates your guts. So, you know, that if it was your fault, I'd be the first son of a bitch to tell you. Shit went bad, she took two for the company. That's the only lesson here."

Boadie having an epiphany:

"They want me to stand with them, right? But where the fuck they at when they supposed to stand with us? I mean, when shit goes bad, and there's hell to pay, where they at? This game is rigged, man."

So many more........

The swear filter sure is a pain when you try to quote from The Wire :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

DeepBlue wrote: »

The swear filter sure is a pain when you try to quote from The Wire :o

True that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Omar: "Ayo, lesson here, Bey. You come at the king, you best not miss."

Wallace: "This is me yo, right here".

Proposition Joe: I heard your end would be covering my fee.
    Stringer Bell: Your fee?
    Proposition Joe: Yeah, I'm like a marriage counselor. Tell the man he oughta bring the bitch some flowers every once in a while. Tell the bitch she gotta suck some cock every once in a while. That sort of $hit.
    [Omar arrives]
    Proposition Joe: Speaking of cocksuckers...
    [to Omar]
    Proposition Joe: I'm Proposition Joe. You F**k with me, I'll kill your whole family.

and many many more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭kryptyk500

Slim Charles: 'Once you in it, you in it. If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭kryptyk500

Lester Freamon - "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the **** that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."

Slim Charles - "Game's the same, just got more fierce."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Cop - ' What you need is a new bodygaurd ' .

Groucho marx ' what i need is a new body , the one i have aint worth gaurding ' .....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

One of my own guilty pleasures (solely for the delivery): "Sheeeeeeeeettttt"

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Omar: "all in the game yo, all in the game"

I love that scene when Daniels is trying to get McNulty back in Major crimes and is in Rawls' office. Rawls says "and don't give me that fire in the belly ****" while gesturing his left hand in a masterbationary movement - twas solid gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TimFoil

Bodie to one of the hoppers after being stung with photocopied dollars:

"money be green fool"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Sig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Dennis 'Cutty' Wise: The game done changed...
    Slim Charles: Game's the same, just got more fierce.

Bubbles: Thin line between heaven and here.

Freamon: A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the **** that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.

State's Atty. Ilene Nathan: Mr. Little, how does a man rob drug dealers for eight or nine years and live to tell about it?
    Omar: Day at a time I suppose?

Tagline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

i remember the one where they are raiding the hotel room . One of the cops was about to knock down the door. Bunk was all like "man wat you doin, they arent gonna flush the pros. down the toilet" something like that anyways.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Great scene with the Narcos in Season 1

Keema:...fighting the war on drugs, one brutality case at a time.
    Carver: Girl, you can't even call this s**t a war.
    Herc: Why not?
    Carver:Wars end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Somewhere in Season 3 when Lester is saying something about needing to get the wire up on the burners, McNulty responds in his best Daniels impression "Well see to it that you do, detective". He holds a serious face for a second anfd then starts laughing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

McNult to Lester in Season Five "Lester, we have to kill again".

and Jimmy and Bunk get locked in interrogation and have to be let out by another cop:

Cop to Bunk "Did he **** you?"

Bunk to McNulty "He tried. But he only ****s himself."

Bodie: "And a very good evening to you officer Colicchio"
    Colicchio: "Fùck yourself with a forty shìtbreath!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

No so much a quote as a scene, brilliant acting - from Season 3 when Colvin calls to Daniels looking for intel on the drug lientenants in the western and McNulty walks in. Colvin hasnt seen him in a while but the scene is so well placed, they exchange a few in jokes then Colvin says:

"yeh....gotta keep em close but still, thats a good goddam police right here'

Also, the meeting between Prop Joe and the other dealers charied by stringer in season 3 has some excellent ones:

'gotta say, for a bunch of cold ass gangsta's y'all carried it like some republicans'
    - Prop Joe

'Roberts rules say we gotta have minutes. these the minutes....'

'****a you takin notes on a criminal f***in' conspiracy??'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Freamon: Ain't none of you ever been in the military? Don't you know how to make a 30-inch quick tie?
    [Nobody speaks]
    Freamon: Draft dodging peace freaks, huh?

D'Angelo Barksdale: The King stay the King

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Last episode of Season 3. All the hoppers have been rounded up at it shows them all sitting in the station with Bernard and his girlfriend in the middle. She's giving him lip as usual and he just turns to the guy next to him and says

"man, I can't wait to go to jail"

Classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

From the Gant trial in All Prologue, Season 2, after Levy calls Omar a parasite living off of the culture of drugs:

Omar: "Just like you man. I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase."

An obvious sort of a reply, but I thought it was brilliant more for the reaction of everyone in the courtroom as much as anything.

Edit to add, here's the whole piece:

LEVY: You are amoral, are you not? You are feeding off the violence and the despair of the drug trade. You are stealing from those who themselves are stealing the lifeblood from our city. You are a parasite who leeches off--
    OMAR: Just like you, man.
    LEVY: The culture of drugs-- Excuse me, what...?
    OMAR: I got the shotgun. You got the briefcase. It's all in the game, though, right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

DeepBlue wrote: »

Rawls to McNulty after
    Greggs got shot and McNulty is in shock and blaming himself
    :

"Listen to me, McNulty. You took a lot of risks. You played a lot of wild cards. And, you made a lot of fucking people do a lot of things they didn't want to do. You, McNulty are a gaping asshole. I know it, and I'll be fucked if everybody in CID didn't know it. But, I'll be also fucked if I let you sit here and think you did a single fucking thing to get a fucking police shot. Believe it or not, not everything is about you. Get it into your head McNulty it's not your fault. And the motherfucker telling you this, he fucking hates your guts. So, you know, that if it was your fault, I'd be the first son of a bitch to tell you. Shit went bad, she took two for the company. That's the only lesson here."

Agreed, that was excellent. I actually thought Rawls mightn't be such a pr**k after that little speech. The feeling didn't didn't really last though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Lester: A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the **** that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come

Bunk: Them Greeks sure have some weird-ass names.
    McNulty: Hey, don't knock the Greeks. They invented civilization.
    Bunk: Yeah, and ass-****ing, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

"The **** did I do?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Sinfonia wrote: »
    "The **** did I do?"
    That's McNulty's trademark line haha!

Poot to Bodie: "World goin' one way, people another" in reference to global warming and people getting colder. Classic.

Chris to Mike after his first murder: "You can look 'em in the eye now, no matter who he is or what he done, you can look him in the eye now"

This is a metaphor for the sexual abuse Michael and Chris experienced as children. Brilliant moment and it leads into the Season 4 montage.

There are magnificent quotes in every single episode of the Wire, brilliant scenes in every episode. It's just the ultimate tv show.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭RobY

Not sure what season or if I have this exactly right:

Lester Freamon walks away from Bunk and someone else. Bunk says "Bandy legged motherf*cker - I made him that way"

Classic!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

RobY wrote: »
    Not sure what season or if I have this exactly right:

Lester Freamon walks away from Bunk and someone else. Bunk says "Bandy legged motherf*cker - I made him that way"

Classic!!!
    Lol :D That's season 4, just watched it actually. It was in the homicide department he said it I think. Bunk is one horny bastard!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Omar Little: That wasn’t no attempt murder.

Maurice ‘Maury’ Levy: What was it, Mr. Little?

Omar Little: I shot the boy Mike-Mike in his hind parts, that all.
    [Jury laughs]

Omar Little: Fixed it up so he couldn’t sit right.
    [Judge chuckles]

Maurice ‘Maury’ Levy: Why’d you shoot Mike-Mike in his, um, hind parts, Mr. Little?

Omar Little: Let’s say we had a disagreement.

Maurice ‘Maury’ Levy: A disagreement over?

Omar Little: Well, you see, Mike-Mike thought he should keep that cocaine he was slingin’ and the money he was makin’ from slingin’ it. I thought otherwise.

Maurice ‘Maury’ Levy: Why should we believe your testimony then? Why believe anything you say?

Omar Little: That’s up to y’all, really.

Maurice ‘Maury’ Levy: You are feeding off the violence and the despair of the drug trade. You are stealing from those who themselves are stealing the lifeblood from our city. You are a parasite who leeches off the culture of drugs…

Omar Little: Just like you, man.

Maurice ‘Maury’ Levy: Excuse me? What?

Omar Little: I got the shotgun. You got the briefcase. It’s all in the game though, right?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

"What the **** did I do?"

"Happy now bitch!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭ongarite

• Advertisement

McNulty: You know why I respect you so much Bunk?
    Bunk: Huh?
    McNulty: Its not cos your good police, because...**** that right?
    Bunk: Mmm **** that, yeah.
    McNulty: It's because when I came time for you to **** me...you were very gentle.
    Bunk: You damn right.
    McNulty: See cos you could have hauled me out of the garage and bent me over the hood of a radio car...but no, you were very gentle.
    Bunk I knew it was your first time, wanted to make that **** special.
    McNulty: And it was man, it ****in was.

Brilliance

Advertisement