Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I just can't stop crying, I've no idea why.

Options
  • 14-11-2007 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭

Most of us menfolk have heard this scary utterance from ye wimmin.

What's it all about?

Has anyone ever heard a man say such a bizarre thing?!

If you see tears in a mans eyes, you can be damn sure there is a just and quantifiable reason for it along the lines of the following....

A power cut has led to the freezer defrosting overnight and our stock pile of choice cuts of meat going off.

Unfortunate zipper incidents (though any man worth his salt has now switched to button-flys).

Somewhere, a beer truck has overturned.

What's it all about?

Has anyone ever heard a man say such a bizarre thing?!

So what is all this random crying about?!

If you just want to admit "we are not stable :("

...then we will nod slowly and back away out of the thread.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

button flies are the work of the devil, real men take the risk that comes with the convenience.

Freedom isn't free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Damn I was gonna stay away from here...
    *sigh*
    I will admit that women (me and most of the females I know anyway) are fairly unstable at times. It's how our bodies are wired, hormones etc.
    Seriously, sometimes you do just cry over something silly.
    I also blame the pill at times. I was crazy on one of them. My mother bought me the wrong thing and I cried for an hour. AN HOUR!! WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Mordeth wrote: »
    button flies are the work of the devil, real men take the risk that comes with the convenience.

Freedom isn't free!

Utter nonsense, have you a penis at all man?!

star-pants wrote: »
    Damn I was gonna stay away from here...
    *sigh*
    I will admit that women (me and most of the females I know anyway) are fairly unstable at times. It's how our bodies are wired, hormones etc.
    Seriously, sometimes you do just cry over something silly.
    I also blame the pill at times. I was crazy on one of them. My mother bought me the wrong thing and I cried for an hour. AN HOUR!! WTF?

I admire your candor Star-Pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

star-pants wrote: »

Ah thats a cop out ... we dont use hormones as an excuse when we kill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

And so the BGRH takeover begins.... :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Yeah, the strike team is back.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Hormones. They are the devil.

Unfortunately some women do not possess the good sense to know when they are on hormone overload and end up spouting all the complete madness that goes through their head at this crazed time.

If she does utter these words, you are not expected to "fix" her, just give her a hug and a cup of tea. Don't try and understand it because it probably won't bother her in the same way tomorrow.

And before anyone starts I am a woman so I know all about these hormones.

And Rigger, you're a boll0x. ;) Get back to BGRH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

6th wrote: »
    Ah thats a cop out ... we dont use hormones as an excuse when we kill.

I didn't say it was the sole reason, it's a contributary at times.
    we are a bit mental.

Although, in saying that, I believe guys get a 'monthly' too (obviously not the exact same). Grumpy for no reason. yarp -- ask women about it..they'll agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

It really is hormones. I cried once for an hour because my boiled egg wasn’t runny enough. I’m old enough now to realise when I’m hormonal. My bf is used to it too, he just pats me and says there there. Boys get hormonal (grumpy) too. When my bf is hungry you can’t talk to him about anything, he’s like a small child, he has no attention span and gets annoyed if food is not forthcoming IMMEDIATELY! That’s a boys version of that time of the month!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

I second Hormones are the devil and the boyfr is brilliant at doging them now. I have worked out a system when I get like this.
    I tell him exactly how I am feeling and what to say so I wont get mad at him. I get him to repeat it back to me.
    This helps as he does listen and say it back to me at later dates. Brilliant - its like training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

LouOB wrote: »
    I tell him exactly how I am feeling and what to say so I wont get mad at him. I get him to repeat it back to me.

What is this magical thing to say. Is it 'would you like some chocolate and a hot water bottle luv'. Let us know for alll our sakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

LouOB wrote: »

Shame on him. You should get permission to speak from him. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Carrots make me cry a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

kmick wrote: »
    What is this magical thing to say. Is it 'would you like some chocolate and a hot water bottle luv'. Let us know for alll our sakes.

Its great - Id say like ' im tried work is pain am hungyr.............' you know the rest girls. He being bloke just stands there like he only just invented air and is testing it on the lungs. Not the reaction we looking for then huh

I would them say somethings like l would want to hear like 'you want a cup of tea' 'are you ok' - the stuff your friends would ask.
    Id look at him, the look of pulling teeth sometimes, as if you say 'your turn to say it"....... It a learning process but its sinking in. Try it.
    Its nice to hear your man say those things sometimes and for him to mean it. You get hug and happy he cares...stops the tears n tantrums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭babyguinnessfan

PMT, PMS.
    Women have been known to kill people * when in the throes of it so count yourselves lucky it's just crying you have to deal with:)

* so I've been told...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

watna wrote: »
    When my bf is hungry you can’t talk to him about anything, he’s like a small child, he has no attention span and gets annoyed if food is not forthcoming IMMEDIATELY! That’s a boys version of that time of the month!!

this has NOTHING to do with hormones. you just need to be a more attentive girlfriend / partner, ie. when he says "I'm hungry" grab him something to eat quick. Ususally this is followed with "I'm thirsty" whereby you should grab him some beer. do these things and your relationship will flourish, do it not and your relationship will flounder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

This is more of an AH thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Have some practice.

I'm drunk, so I'm sending this back to you and thinking it's funny.

What I want you to do is send it back, but open it first.

Also, there is a shít load of other AH mods who are probably sober.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Back to ya Terry!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Well now that ye've stopped passing the mildly warm potato.

The only reason for a man to cry uncontrollably is when he is cutting onions. Onions which will be used to remedy his gun shot wound. Right.

Or when he drinks gin. Bloody gin :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

When I get "overly emotional" I cry about nothing whatsoever. It's crazy!! Thankfully when the boyf asks 'why are you crying?' and I wail 'I don't KNOW!!!' he just laughs and gives me a big hug, telling me I'm silly. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Dalfiatach

Boys get hormonal (grumpy) too. When my bf is hungry you can’t talk to him about anything, he’s like a small child, he has no attention span and gets annoyed if food is not forthcoming IMMEDIATELY! That’s a boys version of that time of the month!!

No, it really, really isn't.

All men get grumpy when they

a) are hungry and food is nowhere to be found

b) are tired and need to sleep

We do our best not to inflict the grumpiness on others, what we do is a) make a sandwich or b) go to bed for an hour. Grumpiness solved.

It's completely different to the crazy insane illogical behaviour of women, that they then just shrug off and go "Hormones. Not my fault. Hormones are my Get Out Of Jail Free card for being a psycho bitch and upsetting you for no reason. Suck it up."

Well, yes, it is your fault. If youse really do go looney-tunes then you should have the basic fecking manners to just say "I'm a bit looney today, I'm going to bed with a good book so I don't disrupt the lives of everyone around me with crazy talk, screaming, weeping and idiotic fights for no reason at all"

Manners, girls. Basic manners. Using "hormones" as an excuse for ridiculous behaviour in public is immature, selfish, childish and frankly inexcusable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭thecleverone

It's completely different to the crazy insane illogical behaviour of women, that they then just shrug off and go "Hormones. Not my fault. Hormones are my Get Out Of Jail Free card for being a psycho bitch and upsetting you for no reason. Suck it up."

Well, yes, it is your fault. If youse really do go looney-tunes then you should have the basic fecking manners to just say "I'm a bit looney today, I'm going to bed with a good book so I don't disrupt the lives of everyone around me with crazy talk, screaming, weeping and idiotic fights for no reason at all"

Manners, girls. Basic manners. Using "hormones" as an excuse for ridiculous behaviour in public is immature, selfish, childish and frankly inexcusable.

Ooh, i'd love to put you into a womans body for a month. You'd swiftly change your mind on the above!!!

During a time when I have to grit my teeth through crippling backaches, skull-shattering migraines and pains that literally make my bend double out of sheer agony, I think I am entitled to act in a manner that may not be entirely sane.

And if that means crying, then so be it. I feel like sh*t, what would you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Dinxminx wrote: »
    During a time when I have to grit my teeth through crippling backaches, skull-shattering migraines and pains that literally make my bend double out of sheer agony, I think I am entitled to act in a manner that may not be entirely sane.

And if that means crying, then so be it. I feel like sh*t, what would you do?
    Have you tried heroin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Dalfiatach

Ooh, i'd love to put you into a womans body for a month. You'd swiftly change your mind on the above!!!

No, I don't think I would. Cos I've three sisters and me ma always refused to accept "hormones" as an excuse for poor behaviour. So now all three of them - all married with kids now - know to take their looney-tunes behaviour to their room with a hot water bottle, a mug of tea and a book, and not inflict it on their husbands and kids.

It's a matter of having a bit of basic cop-on and respect for those around you.

"Hormones" is no excuse for making the lives of those around you a misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Dalfiatach wrote: »
    No, I don't think I would. Cos I've three sisters and me ma always refused to accept "hormones" as an excuse for poor behaviour. So now all three of them - all married with kids now - know to take their looney-tunes behaviour to their room with a hot water bottle, a mug of tea and a book, and not inflict it on their husbands and kids.

It's a matter of having a bit of basic cop-on and respect for those around you.

"Hormones" is no excuse for making the lives of those around you a misery.

I moved out becasue I had a mother and three sisters and they are all feckin crazy I couldn't deal with the madness.
    With my last GF I used to just laugh at her and tell her she was crazy that seemed to work quite well there

Pighead wrote: »
    Have you tried heroin?

No actually, what an idea! :D

Tbh I don't make the lives of those around me a misery, I'm generally in so much pain I keep my mouth tightly shut and really only whimper. Anyway, I know myself that if I were to open my mouth I'd probably come out with something that was not only crazy but made no sense either.

So best to be quiet and curl myself round the radiator!! :D

Still - the loony crying I can definitely identify with...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

It really is hormones. I cried once for an hour because my boiled egg wasn’t runny enough.
    I'm not sure if this is the funniest thing I've ever heard or the scariest...
    When my bf is hungry you can’t talk to him about anything, he’s like a small child, he has no attention span and gets annoyed if food is not forthcoming IMMEDIATELY! That’s a boys version of that time of the month!!
    I also suffer from this affliction, I think it's hormonal too though so I can't be held responsible for anything I say/do when I'm hungry...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Ooh, i'd love to put you into a womans body for a month.

in-YOUR-endo!

Advertisement