Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative Names!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

patsy? who's patsy?

what an odd forum...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

If you read the post above your quote you will find out!

ah! i see!
    THAT daahling is it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Posts removed for being "unhelpful". People being cagey about their private riding forums, and people worrying about the image that's being portrayed.

This is defo not the female equivalent of BGRH ;)

tit tape and tampons ftw!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

tallaght01 wrote: »
    Posts removed for being "unhelpful". People being cagey about their private riding forums, and people worrying about the image that's being portrayed.

This is defo not the female equivalent of BGRH ;)

tit tape and tampons ftw!!!

+1.

Patsy is an amusing character, I concur.

But it's an awful forum name, IMO!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

i dont like the name patsy either
    most ppl wudnt know what it means

I propose it be changed

I hate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

This post has been deleted.

When I clicked on Patsy, the images conjured up in my head were of a 65yr old, balding farmer from the midlands with a droopy eye. Seriously. But then again that just could have been because I know someone who goes by the name Patsy that fits that description.

LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yeah, it is a strange name all right. It does also remind me of a balding muinteoir from Irish college, who also went of that name. Ah well, the mob hath spoken already and a name change already occured. Quite unique, but you can't please all of the people all of the time ;)

• Advertisement

Well, in fairness, the "mob" haven't spoken. 8 people spoke.

The name isn't hugely important I guess. But you're going to struggle to get new members to click on a forum called "patsy". I think that's the only issue. You should definitely change it.

When I first saw a forum called beer guts and receeding hairlines, I knew exactly what it would be about, and I wasn't disappointed :p

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents. I'll go back to the brothers now for more willy chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Maybe more will click it out of intrigue?

WindSock wrote: »

now we both know you believe that about as much as I do :p

WindSock wrote: »

I really dont think so

I clicked the lipstick and control pants straight away to see what was going on here
    Patsy really is a bad name - COME ON CHANGE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pat·sy (păt'sē)
    n. Slang., pl. -sies.
    A person easily taken advantage of, cheated, blamed, or ridiculed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

No need to change it so. :D

We cannot go on and on about the name of the forum, at the end of the day it is what we make it. To quote....

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet"

And i knew the patsy thing would come up as Moonbaby as implied!

Jules80 wrote: »
    We cannot go on and on about the name of the forum

course we can :p

It's pretty dreadful, in fairness :p

Should be at least in someway informative. Otherwise you may aswell name every forum on boards numerically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Hmm as much as I love Patsy the character and I did initially think it was a good idea for the forum name that was because I actually knew the forum already existed. I don't think we'll get many new people clicking onto it as a forum name, LSCP was much catchier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

tallaght01 wrote: »
    Well, in fairness, the "mob" haven't spoken. 8 people spoke.

The name isn't hugely important I guess. But you're going to struggle to get new members to click on a forum called "patsy". I think that's the only issue. You should definitely change it.

When I first saw a forum called beer guts and receeding hairlines, I knew exactly what it would be about, and I wasn't disappointed :p

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents. I'll go back to the brothers now for more willy chat.
    Exactly. Using the name of a character from a 15-year-old sit-com is simply too obscure. It doesn't convey what the forum is about (unless it's something as recognisable as Basil Fawlty or something, but Patsy just isn't in that league!).

There's no point making the 'rose by any other name' argument since that's simply not the case. The names of forums need to be clear and direct so that people know exactly what they're getting in to and can choose to click on it. People won't click on something called 'Patsy' cos they don't know what it is.

It's still the early days of the forum so can we re-open the vote please? It seems crazy to choose a name based on the vote of 8 people, especially when there's been so much criticism of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Stargal wrote: »
    Exactly. Using the name of a character from a 15-year-old sit-com is simply too obscure. It doesn't convey what the forum is about (unless it's something as recognisable as Basil Fawlty or something, but Patsy just isn't in that league!).

There's no point making the 'rose by any other name' argument since that's simply not the case. The names of forums need to be clear and direct so that people know exactly what they're getting in to and can choose to click on it. People won't click on something called 'Patsy' cos they don't know what it is.

It's still the early days of the forum so can we re-open the vote please? It seems crazy to choose a name based on the vote of 8 people, especially when there's been so much criticism of it.

I like Patsy but it does look a little odd in the drop-down menu and I do see people's points. Maybe it could be Patsy and something else. To make the name a bit longer and convey a bit more of what we're about?

Poll Re-opened due to popluar demand!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Yaysies! Thanks jules:)

No Probs, but please no tit tape and tampons... something with a bit of class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

few suggestions.

I'm a girl..get me outta here

Girls get you're giggle on

so not the purple rinse club

why is it we cant find a name for this?..there must be one just as fitting as BGRH.....

I have no clue but i'd like to thank 6th of the sig!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

Mna na Boards!!!!

was the original one lipstick and control pants? thats awesome!

or the name should have VPL or something in it.

defo not patsy though :(

• Advertisement

themadchef wrote: »

I'm a girl..get me outta here

my fave one so far

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement