Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] 2X08 - "Four Months Ago" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,007 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Adam had given Peter the passport and airline ticket just before teh Haitian and Elle turned up so it's feasible that they didn't know about it.

Where did Adam get the passport and ticket is a bigger question.

well spotted. another hole in the script to this is the open-dated ticket would have been from the city the company facility was to [french canadian place]. It wouldnt have got him from Ireland.

Still its reasonable to assume new tickets were bought. Caitlin went as well after all.

Anyway Im quite peeved at the sloppy writing glitches, but at face value the show is still good. Ill forgive them in light of what was then the looming Guild Strike.

I won't be as forgiving for volume Three though: I will want to see brilliant story-writing and more action.
    I'm pretty close to writing into the show on behalf of boards.ie/heroes - in fairness this is the biggest irish board on the net which should make this a recognised community of heroes viewers.

We shall be heard and oirish complaints will follow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Is it just me or could Adam turn out to be Adam without Eve

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

acording to the podcast from 10th wonder.com (a site dedicated to Heros news) they spectulate that adam was the one who actually killed Hiros dad and not Mory. Adam did have Mory kill the others in the picture but he killed Sulu out of revenge for Hiro's deeds in the past. To me this is the most reasonable explaination for what happened unless peter or claire pushed him off but thats kinda impossible because H.R.G wud of noticed claire wasn't helping with themove and peter was in a box in cork harbour.

On an unrelated topic did anyone else pic up the new Heroes mag. Haven't had a proper look but it looks pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If you blow a nuke above a city, wouldn't you get radiaton raining down or people, or radioactive rain or hell, someone noticing a big nuke blowing up above NYC?

Shhhh, pay no attention to the plot holes.

Actually an airburst nuke is worse then a ground based on as it will do more damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I liked this one. It was a return to the storytelling of the first season.

This episode would have been a perfect introduction for Maya & Alejandro. If you had seen nothing of them except this episode, they'd actually be interesting. And we would have had a significant amount of the first three episodes to see other storylines.

Did anyone notice that Bob nodded to Uhura when he went to DL's funeral? I told you she was part of the original group. :)

I didn't think Kristen Bell was that good looking in other episodes, but she was super hot in this one. Nyom!

I think the point of DL's "redeath" was to give him a chance to redeem himself - to be a hero.
    Jay Ru wrote: »
    almost forgot, since the Haitin put Peter in the box and removed his memory where did the box with Peter i.d. and plane tickets come from. didn't the Katlyn's brother say he found the box in the container with Peter??????????
    They said it was the stuff they found on Peter in the container, not a box they found. So one assumes that Peter had put the tickets and all of his stuff in his trouser pockets and not the jacket that went up in flames.
    good episode, though things seem to be pushed forward almost too quickly because of the writers strike, which is probably why this is a bit sloppy in place, like if the hatian can cancel powers why not kill adam by having the hatian supress his powers and then shooting him.
    It's been shown in the past that the haitian only supresses mental/non-passive powers such as mind-reading, telekinesis, etc. Nathan can fly when he's about, people can heal, and so on.
    Hester wrote: »
    What was up with Nathan's mother touching his wife so much?? Was she just being creepy? Only the camera focussed on it a lot so it seemed somewhat significant.
    :confused:
    Seems like everyone's guess that she has some form of persuasion is right.
    If you blow a nuke above a city, wouldn't you get radiaton raining down or people, or radioactive rain or hell, someone noticing a big nuke blowing up above NYC?
    Did I miss this in the show or did the city of NYC not notice a nuke blowing up above it because of light cloud cover or because it was dark or something?
    People might notice it, but if you have contacts in the media, you could maybe supress it or relegate it to the inner pages.

It was shown in the past that the "nuclear" ability doesn't necessarily equate to a nuclear bomb. The user can show different aspects of nuclear energy without releasing everything - radiation, heat, emp, etc.
    Overheal wrote: »
    well spotted. another hole in the script to this is the open-dated ticket would have been from the city the company facility was to [french canadian place]. It wouldnt have got him from Ireland.
    Don't think so. I think some of you are just overanalysing :)
    They can't tell you everything. If Peter has a ticket to Montreal in his pockets, and next thing both Caitlin and him are in Montreal, you assume they've gone to Dublin, stood in line for a while for tickets to Boston, then arrived in Boston six hours later and bought another plane ticket or took a very long train to Montreal. They don't need to show it, it wouldn't be overly interesting :)
    Hobbes wrote: »
    Actually an airburst nuke is worse then a ground based on as it will do more damage.
    It does more damage but leaves less radiation afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

The reason for DLs death is simple. Nikki blames herself for it because if she hadnt gone to LV then it wouldnt have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Thought it was pretty good, alot in it.

Love them showing Peter and Nathan flying around, the more powers shown the better. Liked seeing more of Elle... hot.. bit mentel though haha.

Although once again they leave out the best one of all, Sylar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Which only reminds me how pissed off I am about DLs death! First death: COOL. Second Death: Lame! Why?

I would imagine he dies in this way to lead Nikki to enter the companies programme voluntarily due to her guilt.

This leads her to inject herself with the anti-bodies which in turn begins the start of the plague virus?

Or maybe I'm totally wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Cant you just work on lee-way like the rest of us? -_-

Sure, I COULD ask questions like , and why Hiro's ability implicity includes teleportation (rather than freezing time and walking... alot)... but pfft.

Hiros able to teleport because spacetime is a single entity, not two seperate ones ie space and time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

:| wrote: »
    Hiros able to teleport because spacetime is a single entity, not two seperate ones ie space and time

well yeah, it also comes from the fact that if you where able to exist outside of time you'd exist at all points in the universe at all times in history at the same instant. So it is highly feasible for hiro to appear wherever he wants once he freezes time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement