Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] 2X08 - "Four Months Ago" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
  • 13-11-2007 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

[US] 2X08 - "Four Months Ago" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]
    Warning this thread contains spoilers!!!

Episode Title: Four Months Ago
    Airdate: 12 November 2007

Synopsis: Recap of what happened between the seasons basically.

Pretty good, maybe it shoulda been the series opener

What did you think of Four Months Ago? 76 votes

Electrifying!
    0% 0 votes
    Worth remembering
    18% 14 votes
    Meh
    59% 45 votes
    Bleh
    22% 17 votes
    I'm scarred for life...
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

Bit of a nothing episode, none of the stories were expanded, we just got some backstory to Peter, Nathan, DL and Maya.
    Mild
    short scene where Nathan goes to the bar in CORK and gets out of a LONDON Black Cab???

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I thought it was good, but they left soooo much out. What about what happened to Sylar, Matt, Suresh, Claire etc? Nice to find out the story behind Nathan's monster face though.

And, if the writers don't cop on and start putting Sylar in every scene, Adam might soothe my pain...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Faith I don't think your wathcing this for the right reasons,

bad girl

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

BingoBongo wrote: »
    Faith I don't think your wathcing this for the right reasons,

bad girl

Hahaha, you're not wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It was a fairly average episode.
    Without Hiro, Ando, Noah, Claire and Sylar it was bound to be a bit poor, but Adam and Elle are pretty cool characters, they made up for the other missing characters. I'm so god damn sick of Maya and her blubbering brother. Every week they become more and more like Nikki and Paulo wannabees, hopefully Kring will do as Abrams, Lindelof and Cuse did and kill the two of them soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I liked it a lot. Just a pity it's taken until the eigth episode to get this backstory.

The plague twins in perticular should have been introduced with their antics in this episode - rather than having people we don't know, on the run for reasons we don't know, in a place we don't know.

Still don't care for Adam but it looks like he and Peter could be an interesting compination. Good to (finally) have Peter back to normal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

happy that we get to know what happened:Dbut seems really nothing important at all in this episode....tbh i am dissapointed:onothing surprised...

how irony is that DL die in that way?or is that just a bad script?:cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm so god damn sick of Maya and her blubbering brother. Every week they become more and more like Nikki and Paulo wannabees, hopefully Kring will do as Abrams, Lindelof and Cuse did and kill the two of them soon.

Maya and whats-his-face to be buried alive then. You've got my vote. :D I'm not sure Kring is as imaginative as Lindelof though. It may take him another six episodes to realise how unpopular they are.

Anyway pretty decent ep I have to say. I was bashing the s**t out of this show two weeks ago but the last two eps have been a big improvement.

Now if the money-grubbing Hollywood execs would just quit f**king around and throw the writers a few pennies we might have something to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

It was a fairly average episode.
    Without Hiro, Ando, Noah, Claire and Sylar it was bound to be a bit poor, but Adam and Elle are pretty cool characters, they made up for the other missing characters. I'm so god damn sick of Maya and her blubbering brother. Every week they become more and more like Nikki and Paulo wannabees, hopefully Kring will do as Abrams, Lindelof and Cuse did and kill the two of them soon.

Eh? You don't know what Hiro has been up to the last four months?

I don't particularly want to know about Ando, since we know Hiro teleported him back to Japan and he probably was working for the last four months, believe it or not?

We also know what Claire was up to, moving to Cali with the family, I doubt you'd want to go through a whole scene of Claire and co moving and unpacking boxes into a random house.

The only thing I want to know about Sylar who pulled him into the sewer, we know from the beginning of season two that Candice was taking care of him and doing operations etc... Sylar was probably unconscious during that four months, nothing exciting, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Faith wrote: »
    I thought it was good, but they left soooo much out. What about what happened to Sylar, Matt, Suresh, Claire etc? Nice to find out the story behind Nathan's monster face though.

And, if the writers don't cop on and start putting Sylar in every scene, Adam might soothe my pain...
    Well presumably they were left out because Peter didn't have any contact with them in the 4 months. It was meant to be Peter remembering.
    Clare was away wherever, moved there by her family, they didn't know what happened to Sylar, Matt and Suresh were hiding from the company (or something) so they weren't there where Peter was.

The thing that pissed me off was that if it was Peter remembering everything, why did he "remember" Maya and DL & Nikki?

I suppose it doesn't matter in the scheme of things, just a bit sloppy...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

steveland? wrote: »
    The thing that pissed me off was that if it was Peter remembering everything, why did he "remember" Maya and DL & Nikki?

I suppose it doesn't matter in the scheme of things, just a bit sloppy...

Yeah I thought this too. Didn't really make sense but I like the episode overall. It was nice to find out more about Adam, whether its true or not is another story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Well to be honest I think that's just how they set the scene, seeing as we wouldn't remember any scenes he wasn't present in.

And Ando was not working for the full 4 months, he spent at least some time at that square with Hiro's father waiting for Hiro's return!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Didn't the promo say "what happened to Sylar?". So I assumed we he would actually be in this episode!

Other than that it was average enough. Good to finally have Peter back to his old self so we can get on with the storyline.

D.L was actually a good character when you think about it,yet he is killed off and the boring ass twins are brought in. :confused:

Meh overall to be honest. Next few episodes look better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Let me get this straight, Kristin Bells brings Peter free drugs, and assumedly food and drink in a free room with a friendly neighbour, and definitely the chance for some kinky electro-sex, and he LEAVES?!?!

Jumped The Shark, right there. :|

I'd stay in that room until the world exploded right out from under me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

That whole 'prison' was totally ridicules but I consciously choose not to let it bother me.

However...

- It takes Peter about 2 months seemingly stuck in a single room to even begin to think something might be up?
    - No cameras in this room to watch him flush his meds / converse with Adam / whatever else
    - Who's bright idea was it to put the most powerful man alive (Peter) in the room nextdoor to apparently the most dastardly mind of them all (Adam)? Surely they must have known these guys could talk to each other. And no listening bugs?

Although I'll accept artistic license for most of that, with a view to getting the frak on with the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I whole heartedly approve of sweaty dirty Sylar, gratuitously shirtless Peter, and Adam/Kensei in general.

That is all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

hopefully the past two episodes are a sign of things to come (if the writers get back onside) as compared to the first six episodes there is a drastic improvement. Heroes really works better when the story is told at a fast pace, although im sure the slow paced character development stage was needed but hopefully its over now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Things to come? There's probably only going to be 3 episodes left :( While this episode was good and should definitely have been the season intro (come on, that is SO the way that maya and alejandro should have been introduced) it also annoys me because it makes the inadequacies in the earlier eps even more obvious and pointless-

Basically, Peter's memories are back, and he has teamed up with Adam. Yay. It shouldn't have taken 8 episodes of useless amnesia plot devices and crap Irish accents to get to this point! It's kind of annoying that everything has been so weak so far. They should have reached this point by the 3rd or 4th episode- Peter's 7 episode trip to Ireland was so unnecessary.

Also, when the crate was being shipped from New York to Ireland, didn't anybody notice that it was... um, essentially empty?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,979 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I could care less about the particulars of Adam's and Peter's incarceration really: the point being they were both held by The Company and escaped together. To do what, we don't know yet.
    Given my choice though I would make the cells look a tad on the humane: cushy office perhaps, like the room Peter was taken to at first. It would be cooler then when Adam says 'look around'.

Peter didn't "Remember" many of those events. They were thrown in as part of the context as to what was happening at the time. Same thing technically occured in 6 Months Later in Volume One, though it made slightly more sense with Hiro's time travel.

DL's rebirth and Death: honestly, what was the point? I kinda liked DL as a character but still no reason to kill him twice, I was happy with the once. At least the first time he went out in spectacular fasion by ripping Linderman's Brains out - but NO this time hes shot by a cokehead!

Episode was good; fine explaination as to whats been eating at Nathan all Volume.

Ugh, the start of the episode when Bob and Elle show up - CHEESE. "Did you have to use the full blast on him?" honestly, I wrote better lines in my stickman comic books. And why would they be waiting there and then in case Peter showed up? They had no way of knowing Peter or Nathan was in the Hospital: they had literally just got there.

A Super Mentat Overheal Prime Projection*: Does anyone else suspect Adam is Peter's father? Wheres that Original-Heroes photograph? I want another look: I recall Peter's dad was looking away in the photo, and I do suspect everyone would have called it then and there if they spotted Kensei in the picture. I also recall their dad looked fairly young... much like Adam. Also, recall that Peter's known father had delusions of grandeur, etc.

"Peter.... I am your father." Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahah the originality. The only thing that could go wrong with this theory is 1) How literal was Adam when he said 30 years? was he counting? 2) Peter's youth... gotta be under 30, right? right?

As for the now inherent shortness of Volume Two I suspect they will leave the whole Volume Two as a next-volume build-up.

*Dune fans will get the reference...

EDIT: Secondary Projection: Adam, Simon, Nathaniel, Peter, Matthew ..... ringing any holy bells? And Noah... and Eve... and -but its probably just unimaginative (yet strangely comfortable) character naming :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

seraphimvc wrote: »
    happy that we get to know what happened:Dbut seems really nothing important at all in this episode....tbh i am dissapointed:onothing surprised...

how irony is that DL die in that way?or is that just a bad script?:cool:

Yeah why do that with DL, we thought he was dead & now he died differently than we thought of, i guess DL is now done living :rolleyes:
    Goodshape wrote: »
    That whole 'prison' was totally ridicules but I consciously choose not to let it bother me.

However...

- It takes Peter about 2 months seemingly stuck in a single room to even begin to think something might be up?
    - No cameras in this room to watch him flush his meds / converse with Adam / whatever else
    - Who's bright idea was it to put the most powerful man alive (Peter) in the room nextdoor to apparently the most dastardly mind of them all (Adam)? Surely they must have known these guys could talk to each other. And no listening bugs?

Remember when Bob said to Nathan a while back that Peter was alive & showed him on the surveillance getting treated, but they dont have a camera in the cells?

All in all i enjoyed the ep a lot, & explained some stories:
    How Peter ended up in Cork,
    On Nathan after explosion,
    How Adam ended up in feudal Japan- dont know that yet, future storyline?

But great to have Peter back to his own self again, but still dubious about Adam yet! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Faith wrote: »

ah dude, have you seen heroes before?!

aaaand good ep, most similar to decent series 1 so far i think...
    except for:
    "oh NOW i remember everything!"
    happy to see no matt molly suresh or claire tbh!
    sylar, however...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

can the nuclear explosion explain nathans hair?

there were cameras in the cell

I think peter was so shocked by everything that for few months he was happy to stay in the cell...

me thinks adam and peter were put together on purpose

I was glad to have realised to ask myself how did peter get the electricty power just before the showed it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

For me it looks like the "Company" put Adam and Peter together for a reason. I would be very slow to believe that Adam is the threat the company lead us to beleive he is.

I assume Peter could of used his blood to help Nathan.

Does the fact that the haitian suppresses powers mean that peter can never absorb his?

I got the strong feeling that Bob has access to someone who can tell the future. there were too many coincidences where Bob could forsee outcomes and use them for his own gain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

I thought this was an ok episode. Finally Peter is back to normal.

We now know that Peter has the abilities of: Adam, Bob and The Haitain, to add the his repertoire of abilities along with flight, precognition, time travel, regeneration, telepathy, telekenises, invisibility, radiation manipulation, superhuman strenght, electric manipulation and phasing. I wonder will he use any of his new abilities in the next three episodes....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Will the Haitian happen to mention to Noah....oh yeah, I was working with the Company and yer man Peter is alive, you know the bloke you saved the world

standbyme wrote: »
    How Adam ended up in feudal Japan- dont know that yet, future storyline?

But great to have Peter back to his own self again, but still dubious about Adam yet! ;)

Adam was simply born and bred of the time in Feudal Japan. He would have been born around 1600 AD. Remember before he met Hiro he was a cowardly british mercenary. It was Hiro that helped him realise he had a Power. FFS, eyes open, class.
    Hyzepher wrote: »
    For me it looks like the "Company" put Adam and Peter together for a reason. I would be very slow to believe that Adam is the threat the company lead us to beleive he is.

I assume Peter could of used his blood to help Nathan.

Does the fact that the haitian suppresses powers mean that peter can never absorb his?

I got the strong feeling that Bob has access to someone who can tell the future. there were too many coincidences where Bob could forsee outcomes and use them for his own gain

Putting Adam and Peter together has merit. the circumstances of their incarceration were a little too convenient. However prepare yourself that it really could just be sloppy Episode Production.

I wonder if Peter could have done, alright. I was half asleep so bear with me: did Caitlyn (spelling?) contract the virus in the future? If so, Peter is immune to it for sure.

The Haitian-Peter idea: its been discussed many a time. Recall however that Elle was able to use her electricity on Adam and Peter, while simultaneously, Peter was unable to attack back. Strong evidence supports the Haitian's power is voluntary and at his complete control. If he wanted to he could allow peter to leech this ability. I suspect Peter already has it.

What events do you base your assumptions about Bob on? The only thing I can think of is their interception of Peter at the Hospital. Finding Nikki there happened hours later (after DLs surgery was completed). Id be highly skeptical of the company's potential access to farsight.
    DeadParrot wrote: »
    Will the Haitian happen to mention to Noah....oh yeah, I was working with the Company and yer man Peter is alive, you know the bloke you saved the world

He may already have. Either way it will make little difference and I dont gather it would add anything to the plot. Expect Noah to be dead in 3 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Overheal wrote: »
    Strong evidence supports the Haitian's power is voluntary and at his complete control.
    True - remember how he let Nathan fly away to escape from Noah last season?

Does anyone else think there might be a link between the Toxic Twins and the virus? It's a bit of a coincidence that someone shows up with the power to cause disease just as another disease crops up affecting people with abilities. Maybe Maya will become infected and the virus will mutate inside her, becoming contagious to everyone. We haven't seen the symptoms of the new form of the virus yet - maybe it fills people's eyes with black gunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Its called the Shanti virus, Shanti was Mohinders sisters name, I'm going to assume that the innoculation for Hero disease ends up wiping out everyone else.

Either that or that crap Mexican bird has the same power Mohinders sister had, or some equally crap storyline that doesnt involve forty minutes of Peter throwing lightning at Sylar who is throwing flame balls back.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I just want to know how Peter went totally nuclear above New York and remained clothed. Pah!:mad:

• Advertisement

iguana wrote: »
    I just want to know how Peter went totally nuclear above New York and remained clothed. Pah!:mad:

-_-

Its television. Kids watch. However, we all know the real score.

In trade-off he was shirtless for 5 minutes for the ladies.

Question: both zapped, but Adam's shirt stays pristine??

Advertisement