Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micko's view of the Dubs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Can see where you are coming from. I have similar reservations about Dooher in particular and others alike while not doubting their performance absolutely cant abide him.
    On Galvin, yes he is niggly and still rougish but has cleaned up his act to an extent. He's North Kerry anyway so hes bound to be rough! :D

i agree he has cleaned up he's act to a certain extent but i think its the rougish style and the in your face way he plays that actually makes him the vital player to Kerry that he is, theres enough guys there to do the pretty stuff and i think if he cut out all the niggly stuff, rougish tendancies he wouldn be half as effective as he is and at least no one can question he's work rate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Kerry On Tour

True that, often the kind mean streak that players have sets them apart (Roy Keane springs to mind). Also it has to be mentioned how much he was developed as a footballer, I couldn't believe when I saw him given the chance as a regular in '04 as seeing him in past league games I thought that he had about as much football in him as Rosanna Davison. Proved wrong in subsequent years and gladly!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

An Citeog wrote: »

There are some similarities between the 2 but I still think people are being a little harsh on Alan Brogan. He has won 2 consecutive All Stars and is a vital player for Dublin. Some of his link-up play with brother Bernard was top class aswell.

Mullane has a couple of All-Stars too! Doesn't mean he couldn't be doing better though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 holymolyHS

I'd take 1 Paul Galvin for 10 Collie Morans!!
    Yeah Galvins a bit of a dirty feicer but without him, I don't think Kerry would be half as industrious around the middle. He gets through a massive amount of work and whether people like it or not, Galvins type upset opponents to no end. Puts a lot of other players off their game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

holymolyHS wrote: »
    I'd take 1 Paul Galvin for 10 Collie Morans!!

I simply cannot understand how Collie Moran always keeps his place, never gets dropped or subbed, and they even made him captain. He adds very little to this Dublin team and has been anonymous in a number of games, yet rarely if ever substituted. Is he Pillar's boyfriend or what?

As for Galvin, he's a dirty little runt but a good footballer nonetheless. I thought he was excellent this year and probably not quite as dirty/cynical as he was before. Deserves to get taken out one of these days though, give him a dose of his own medicine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

aidan24326 wrote: »
    I simply cannot understand how Collie Moran always keeps his place, never gets dropped or subbed, and they even made him captain. He adds very little to this Dublin team and has been anonymous in a number of games, yet rarely if ever substituted. Is he Pillar's boyfriend or what?

As for Galvin, he's a dirty little runt but a good footballer nonetheless. I thought he was excellent this year and probably not quite as dirty/cynical as he was before. Deserves to get taken out one of these days though, give him a dose of his own medicine.

I thought we'd seen the last of Moran when Tommy Carr got sacked. I would have thought himself and Wayne McCarthy would be history. Unfortunately he snuck his way back into contention, remaking himself as a back...just as well because he NEVER scored. I don't think he'll get his game next year, he was dropped a couple of times last year and game off the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

One thing Collie Moran IS good at is fouling people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

I think people are being a bit harsh on Collie Moran here. He's not a forward, simple as. I'd like to see him given a shot at wing back, last time he played there he was very impressive. He's far better than Paul Casey anyway. He's even been playing centre back for Leinster in the interprovincials for the past few years and has excelled there. I'd like to see the captaincy passed on to someone else though.

On Paul Galvin, he's a quality player and is vital to the way Kerry play. He's that link between defence/midfield and attack and never stops running/fouling! ;)! Him being a little bollix is all part of his game! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Did anybody watch the sideline Sam 2007 DVD yet?In the Kerry-Dublin match,I think its Casey or somebody runs past and slightly bumps Galvin.Galvin goes down on his hunkers jokingly selling it as big hit and gets up laughing with Casey.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I found this thread amusing in hindsight
    1) Micko was right Dublin produced few players with a bit of spark they were mostly of the same type methodical
    2) Connolly did turn into the player people hoped he would be
    3) Dublin are spoiled for choice now in the forwards lines and and have an abundance of all type of forward to pick from with the exception of target man where there is only Rock and EOG to do this role properly.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I found this thread amusing in hindsight
    1) Micko was right Dublin produced few players with a bit of spark they were mostly of the same type methodical
    2) Connolly did turn into the player people hoped he would be (and more)
    3) Dublin are spoiled for choice now in the forwards lines and and have an abundance of all type of forward to pick from, with the exception of target man where there is only Rock and EOG to do this role properly.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement