Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easons Opening

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

sueme wrote: »
    Heard from a reliable source (not Bobcar! :D) that it is indeed a franchise being taken by Conways ,and that they are knocking the two buildings together. It will be a really big store, I would imagine.
    Nice! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

walked past it today, seems to be coming on quite well, not knocked through to the neighbouring bookshop though, seems quite narrow at the front, not sure if i could make out a stair case at the rear of it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Afaik its going to be two storey, there was loads of empty office space and stuff upstairs, my sister had work experience in a hair salon above burger king last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Plenty of space above , when i was working in BK it was just there gathering dust , I think there used to be a pub in it at one point and I remember Happy Eater used to be there with games upstairs about 12-13 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Afaik its going to be two storey, there was loads of empty office space and stuff upstairs, my sister had work experience in a hair salon above burger king last year.

That closed a couple of years back didn't it?

So how big will Easons actually be in end?

Is it going to be part of Conways bookshop?
    Will Brodericks and Lieber be able to compete?

Find out in the coming weeks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Was in Conway's today and nothing is happening to the shop in there by the looks of it.

Walked past the place today, its looking pretty good and the stairs seems to be at the very back of the shop.

Seems daft to me though that they are not knocking through the wall, I couldnt imagine to bookshops run by the same people right next to each other

Gillie wrote: »
    That closed a couple of years back didn't it?

So how big will Easons actually be in end?

Is it going to be part of Conways bookshop?
    Will Brodericks and Lieber be able to compete?

Find out in the coming weeks...

dont think its going to be part of conways, looks like the walls are lined both sides with shelfs, doesn't seemed to be knocked through at all, really seems to widen out towards the rear though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

It's utterly insane to have two bookshops side by side!

Conways must have plans to close down after Easons opens.

Gillie wrote: »
    It's utterly insane to have two bookshops side by side!

Conways must have plans to close down after Easons opens.

it is a bit crazy, was just on the easons web site though, no mention of the sligo shop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Upstairs was huge in that building. After Beezies moved, The Happy Eater moved in, and they had a games arcade upstairs with pool tables etc. I think there's a third floor for offices, stores etc. as well.
    I have a list as long as my arm of books to buy. I never really bothered ordering them from the existing book shops. That would mean two journeys to just get a book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Went by it at lunch-time.. looks great and plenty of stuff on sale for Christmas. Noticed the red banners advertising sale prices under shelves on the right near the front of the store.

And pretty much all books and magazines are on the shelves inside.. the only thing they need now is a sign, instead of an Easons poster in the window.

I assume it's be done by opening in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I wonder if there will be any freebies?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 carebare

What a let down! Didn't even bother going upstairs, it really wasn't ready to be opened up today, nothing like the usual eason's shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Oh dear, I'm glad I didn't go in now.

was in there today, not a bad slection, only prop is not enough tills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I was hoping they might have a manga section, but no luck. And yeah there aren't enough tills for the size of the store, but a lot of the easons I've been in are the same. Trying to cut down on costs?

Advertisement