Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The bug that's going around

Options
  • 12-11-2007 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or is their a nasty slow burning bug going around knocking everybody for six? If it's not the flu, it usually takes me 2 days max to get over a bug - or an early night in. But I got it last Monday and still can't shake it off. I took 3 sick days last week (2 spent in bed) that didn't sort me out. I've talked to some peeps who said it took them 3 weeks to get over their bug. One guy was telling me he took 8 sick days in the last 10years - 4 of them in the last 2weeks.

My Dad's a bit of a latent xenophobe/racist. He blames the <insert derisory African native term> for bringing in these "funny bugs" into the country. He has a point. I've heard that we've received proportionally more immigrants than any society before us (at least in modern times). Maybe now we're seeing one of the side-effects.

Discuss.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It steals all my DVDs, brings them all back in the wrong cases, staggers in locked at 2am and leaves the toilet seat up too. I've had enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

You should be a primary school teacher. It's like working in a petri dish full of germs but I'm totally immune because of it. Havn' been sick in three years! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

HavoK wrote: »
    It steals all my DVDs, brings them all back in the wrong cases, staggers in locked at 2am and leaves the toilet seat up too. I've had enough.
    So what you gonna do about it? What is It? Actually, WTF are you talkin' about Havok? o_0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I've got a combination of the flu and tonsilitus :(

You should be a primary school teacher. It's like working in a petri dish full of germs but I'm totally immune because of it. Havn' been sick in three years! :D
    So the itch has cleared up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

he gave me a fancy name but im quite sure he's just a regular household fly. the last straw came when i found him **** onto my keyboard this morning when he thought i was at work. i went straight to the landlord but hes all like uuuuh its none of my business man

Caliden wrote: »
    I've got a combination of the flu and tonsilitus :(
    Ouch, hope you get well soon. I didn't have the flu and never got tonsilitus (touch wood), so I can't feel your pain - but dam this bug is annoying.

At least the Panel is on now... <cregser is easily distracted>

Wash your hands with hot water and soap, and keep your fingers out of your gob and nose.
    How d'ya think those bugs get into your system?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

don't worry it's probably just "Captain Trips" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Bugs everywhere. Both my kids have had one thing or another throughout the last six weeks. I wish the doctor offered season tickets :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭KilbarrackBlows

cregser wrote: »
    Is it just me or is their a nasty slow burning bug going around knocking everybody for six? If it's not the flu, it usually takes me 2 days max to get over a bug - or an early night in. But I got it last Monday and still can't shake it off. I took 3 sick days last week (2 spent in bed) that didn't sort me out. I've talked to some peeps who said it took them 3 weeks to get over their bug. One guy was telling me he took 8 sick days in the last 10years - 4 of them in the last 2weeks.

My Dad's a bit of a latent xenophobe/racist. He blames the <insert derisory African native term> for bringing in these "funny bugs" into the country. He has a point. I've heard that we've received proportionally more immigrants than any society before us (at least in modern times). Maybe now we're seeing one of the side-effects.

Discuss.

I dunno whats going around i got this nasty infection in my throat it feels like ****en lumps are in the back of it and it burns !
    everyone i know has it :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

They took our jarbs!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've got a cold and tonsillitis. Since ears and throats are connected, it now feels like my tonsils are trying to escape out of my ears. It hurts so much and painkillers do SFA :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

I dunno whats going around i got this nasty infection in my throat it feels like ****en lumps are in the back of it and it burns !
    everyone i know has it
    Tonsilitis - had it twice before, you can't swallow.
    It sucks serious donkey balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭daniel3982

Ive had a sort of cold/cough that is very mild for about 8 weeks now, its annoying the hell outta me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

My body was aching this morning when I woke up and still not much of a change and a bit of a stuffy head. Have to get up early for work tomorrow as well. :/ I think it is time to bring out the Lemsip Max Strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Faith wrote: »
    I've got a cold and tonsillitis. Since ears and throats are connected, it now feels like my tonsils are trying to escape out of my ears. It hurts so much and painkillers do SFA :(.

If you want pain, try having a kidney stone.

Hmm, guess I never should have expected this thread to be squeamish-proof. :)
    Photi wrote: »
    They took our jarbs!
    They tuk ar jaarrrbs!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭Alkers

I'm just into my 3rd week with some dose, starting to get over it now, feel pretty much better but am still coughing a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

So the itch has cleared up?

LOL think I'm going to have to change that, to me it's perfectlly obvious that it means I'm constantly restless and edgy but it comes across as something different to everyone else :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

HavoK wrote: »
    he gave me a fancy name but im quite sure he's just a regular household fly. the last straw came when i found him **** onto my keyboard this morning when he thought i was at work. i went straight to the landlord but hes all like uuuuh its none of my business man

I had that bug a while ago and he was really irritating me, always bringing dodgy friends back and smoking indoors even though we agreed not to. Putting his food on my shelf and drinking straight from the carton.

I've been coughing on and off for the last 4 weeks! I was told initially that it was a viral chest infection but I don't know now. On Thursday it was so bad I was coughing up blood but being outdoors in the freezing cold for 14 hours did me no good at all that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I've had a cold for the last 7 weeks - coughing, thick nose, and I've recently gone deaf in one ear. Already been through one course of anti-biotics. Its bloody annoying and probably the longest-lasting cold i've ever had.

I hadn't thought about it before, but now that you mention it, yeah, its definitely the immigants fault! Send the buggers back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Yep I woke up this morning with the horrible feeling that I've a cold coming on. My nose has the sniffles and my head is killing me. I'm gonna try kill the bayyystard off before it gets any worse! :mad:
    They tuk ar jaarrrbs!

DURRK ERR DURRRR!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭beans

They tuk ar jaarrrbs!

I took my jaaaaaabs

So I'm not sick :)

kyub wrote: »
    DURRK ERR DURRRR!!!

Dey tuk arr jaarrbs!

The guy I live with has the bug. It hit him more or less straight away and he's been smothered all weekend. A work friend came back to the house for an hour, she has it now. My other house mate has something similar now.

It'll get to me soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Woke up Sunday night at 3:30 AM feeling incredibly warm and had been turning since I slept (wierd dreams too), an hour later - up sick and very pale...Headaches, warm and sick! Next morning got up and it was all the same.

I'm rarely sick but what a night for it to choose! - Had a job interview on Monday that I had to postpone (or risk vomiting on them) and I have 2 projects due this week!!!

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'm getting this too. :mad::mad:

Dammit, I never get sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

So there's a bug going around... nice, I never catch these :( Think I'll take a few sick days off soon anyway, haven't taken any this year where as others have taken more than their fair share. Technically I wouldn't be fobbing the system as I am genuinely a bit sick of work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭Archeron

I feel wonderful.
    This image is for all you sick people out there.

Advertisement