Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skanger Girls on the train

Options
  • 12-11-2007 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

What would you have done in this situation?

So I've been for a goodbye pint with a few friends and am on the metro home a bit half-cut and wrapped up warm against the cold. When this group of chavvy 13 year old girls get on and sit a few seats up. One of them notices my book sitting next to me and asks if it is mine, I say yes, she then proceeds to come and sit next to me and pick up said book and start thumbing through it... She asks what it was about and I say "It's very boring, just buildings" feeling a bit awkward now (the book was a thesis on 20th century architecture btw)... She makes a deliberately pervy remark about how hard my book it...

She then mentions something to do with the name Mary, I'm trying to ignore her, but she says it again so I say "hello Mary" and she says "no thats my friend" pointing at an empty seat....

She then proceeds to talk very dirty to me but via her imaginary friend "Mary, whats that, you want book man to come back with us", "Mary, stop wondering how big book mans cock is" before apologising for her friend... I'm more bemused then anything, but remembering how last time I came across a group of teenage girls on public transport (who were being horribly racist on a bus to some muslim guys), I got kicked in my face for my troubles, I decided just to be quiet and play along with her, she then starts to try and rub my leg and says: "Mary, stop trying to convince bookman to hang out with us, I know he'd probably love to **** us but I'm sure he's busy"....

This continues in a similar vane while I await the next stop (my own)... Then disaster, I notice theyre getting up to get off at that station, she asks me if Im getting off with them but despite being freezing, needing a piss, and desperate to get home, I pretend its not my stop and stay on for another. The metro back isnt for 20 minutes so I just walk home in the almost snow thinking "what the ****, why didnt I just tell them to **** off".

I'm sure kids weren't as annoying in my day.... The really embarressing thing was the metro was full of people so it was played out in front of loads of commuters. I probably shouldve just told her to **** off right away but like I said last time i went down that approach I nearly ended up stabbed for my troubles!

-

Comments

In situations like that, I find a hard, cold, unblinking, psycho-like stare usually stops any craziness from developing.
    Pretend you're a total nutter and they won't know what to do, so they leave you alone.

Scumbags can sense fear and discomfort like dogs.

edited to add: Standing up and shouting **** OFF as loud as you possibly can also works.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I'd have said hello to Mary and introduced myself as Michael Jackson (i.e. Call her bluff / scare the crap out of her)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

Yea - it's a tough one - You're caught between 'not wanting to create a scene/remaining composed' and wanting to tell her where to go+trying to anticipate their reaction...'FavouriteSlaves' advice is probably the closest to how to deal with such a scenario...like I said though,that's all well and good until you find yourself in such a situation

KIVES wrote: »
    Yea - it's a tough one - You're caught between 'not wanting to create a scene/remaining composed' and wanting to tell her where to go+trying to anticipate their reaction...'FavouriteSlaves' advice is probably the closest to how to deal with such a scenario...like I said though,that's all well and good until you find yourself in such a situation

I have done, and found that acting like a total psycho worked.
    Seriously, if I feel even slightly threatened I'll a) get out of there or if that's not possible b) don't care less about creating a scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

God that's pretty bad. i hate that, when you're on the dart and you just want to be left alone! Where in the world are you that 13 year old girls talk like that?! I suppose acting like a psycho would have been the best thing, but I would have done what you did. just put my head down and hope they go away!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Adopting the Fcuk off approach or the Meek and mild pose is a hard one to choose ,it's a spur of the moement situation and hard to decide which course of action to take ,so humiliating as it was OP at least you got away ok.Just be more prepared the next time ,although i know not always as easy to do as suggests . It's at times like that you wished you looked like Anthoney Hopkins (silence of the lambs ) look

I wonder if it had got nasty would any of those other passengers have come to your aid ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Eek, what a weird journey home. Frightening that a 13 year old can be so explicit. Jesus I wasn't even aware of boys till I was at least 15-16.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 DICK FINGERS

That sounds like a dreadful experience i hope your OK now!

Some the younger generation do seem to be a little unruly,but i suppose it's always been like that.

maybe next time listen to a Walkman or read the paper
    but really there's not much you can do about it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Who else is here just waiting for Pigheads response to this one...?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

next stop, off, walk up/back a few carriages then on again.
    Stupid sluh, books the hardest thing shell ever get !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Pics of Mary or it didn't happen :p

Getting of the transport and waiting for another one ie bus/train is a great stress reliever, but the galling thing is you shouldent have to in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Metro?

I dont live in Newcastle .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Jeez sounds awful!

If it was a packed train surely someone else would have intervened no??! Kinda sums up Irish ignorance. But back on topic, I defo would have told them to f*ck off.

Last week on the bus, some 13 yr old girl got on at marino and an italian looking man about (mid 40's) gets on aswell and the girl sat at the back a seat away from me and the man sat directly in front. Throughout the whole journey he kept turning his body around completely to look at the girl, really weird. So I thought he could have been harrassing her so I was contempleting asking her if he was bothering her and if so I would have had no problem telling him to f*ck right off, but he got off at the next stop so there was no need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Metro?

More like cattle carriers tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

"The metro" - where exactly did this happen? Paris?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭daniel3982

I'm in Newcastle hence the metro comment... so Geordie chavs, you can imagine!

Aye I'll go for the Keano like pyscho stare next time, I tried the **** off and argue approach before and nearly got my head kicked in, this was just embarressing, next time I'll try and beat them at their own game, hoping theirs not a next time of course! Fecked up thing is I normally have an iPod and am immune to such things but left it at home today because the earphones broke, think I'll be buying some more on the way to work tomorrow!

BTW JC 2K3 like the Ryo in your sig, thats my usual username, loved Shenmue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Don't mean to derail this thread, but yes, Shenmue is rather awesome.

Come talk about it in the Sega Forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Girls are such a pain in the hole. Completly ignore her, or tell her she's fat.

• Advertisement

They had those horrible piercing things on their top lips that those sort of girls always seem to have, looked totally rank, orange as a tango and hair pulled so far back it made her face book like it was 6" longer. Totally disgusting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

daniel3982 wrote: »
    They had those horrible piercing things on their top lips that those sort of girls always seem to have, looked totally rank, orange as a tango and hair pulled so far back it made her face book like it was 6" longer. Totally disgusting...

Let me guess...they boarded the train at the desolate hole that is Broombridge?
    *edit -just read above so disregard*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

Dub13 wrote: »
    Who else is here just waiting for Pigheads response to this one...?
    It's like closing your eyes years ago on a Christmas Eve night...just waiting for the main event...Was he there? - Was he driving this 'Metro'?

Pighead - response to the conundrum please...

Naikon wrote: »
    Let me guess...they boarded the train at the desolate hole that is Broombridge?

haha the Newcastle equivilent of!

Though my Dublin house is just up the road from there so I get it on both sides of the sea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Outer Bongolia

Why didn't you just make a dry, off the cuff remark, given that you are Jerry Seinfeld?

I didn't have Larry David there to write my lines sadly*

* that and the many pints I'd consumed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

the luas is a pain in the stones for such carry on, and the girls are nearly worse than than guys. actually they are. *shudders and remembers*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

edited to add: Standing up and shouting **** OFF as loud as you possibly can also works.

Nah "**** off" doesn't work as it's the typical of response of someone who feels intimidated or at a loss for words.

I find standing up and repeatedly saying "What did you say? What did you ****ing say to me?" in a equal combination of confused rage and puritanism usually scares anyone off.

Failing that I just whip out my cock and smash a few windows with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Just tell them you're Ian Huntley in disguise as you've just escaped.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Outer Bongolia

The problem with these young ones, is that they are still babies, they always do that sh*t, giggling and asking men about the size of their you-know-whats it's such a great laugh. Won't be so funny when they come across a Pervert. Because the pervert will be COMING ACROSS THEM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement