Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beauty - How much is natural ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

I reckon Dudess is a real beauty
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

The women in Brazil were fantastic

erm.....I hate to break this to you but there is a good chance they weren't women :eek:

I hope you didn't "get up" to anything there :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Makeup? Pffffft! A grand smile and laughter can do much more!
    amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Style and grooming can raise a girl from a 5 to a 7 or so but, let's face it, most manage to knock a few points off their score with fake tan, bleached hair and 'a la mode' fashions instead of looking at themselves in the mirror and figuring how to best present themselves rather than following the herd into whatever the latest fashion is regardless of how unsuited her figure/looks are to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I reckon Dudess is a real beauty
    :rolleyes:
    Thanks pet! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Its quite simple, makeup and clothes are meant to make the most of what you have, not obliterate whats there or invent things that don't exist.

Confidence, not cockiness, being friendly and smiling are good things.

If you dress and do your hair/make-up to suit you, then you're going to look well, and not to dissimilar to how you look without it. Its the fashion victims - going either way, the OC clones and the "original" clones that end up looking silly. A bit of effort makes you feel better.

A good rule of thumb I heard was: Dress for yourself, not for those around you. If you are not comfortable with how you look, then it will show.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I know there were studies done (but can't find them now) that showed that while we may think body shape etc has changed with the media as regards to whats "hot", the proportions of the face, and the hip/waist etc have remained the same, just in different sizes.

Dudess wrote: »
    Thanks pet! ;)

Don't call me pet!!
    dogface

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Don't call me pet!!
    dogface
    Infraction given.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Don't call me pet!!
    dogface
    Oh sorry! What about if I call you "hon"? Would you prefer that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 DICK FINGERS

Dudess i wouldn't worry about him he seems to be a very angry young man.

A few years working on the farm would sort him out
    :)

• Advertisement

Dudess i wouldn't worry about him he seems to be a very angry young man.

A few years working on the farm would sort him out
    :)

Hello Dick

How do you know that
    1. I'm young
    2. I'm angry
    or
    3.that i haven't worked on a farm.
    Many years ago i once spent a summer working for an uncle on his farm, i didn't like it though it smelt of Sh*te:(

Hello Dick

How do you know that
    1. I'm young
    2. I'm angry
    or
    3.that i haven't worked on a farm.
    Many years ago i once spent a summer working for an uncle on his farm, i didn't like it though it smelt of Sh*te:(

Hi Johnny

i didn't mean to offend you
    i am deeply sorry:o

i only just signed up today to make new friends
    you see i am bedridden with two broken legs and a friend give me his computer so as to pass the time.
    I hope we can be friends:)

Hi Johnny

i didn't mean to offend you
    i am deeply sorry:o

i only just signed up today to make new friends
    you see i am bedridden with two broken legs and a friend give me his computer so as to pass the time.
    I hope we can be friends:)

Don't worry about it Dick, ill be your friend:)

I hope your legs get better soon:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

Don't worry about it Dick, ill be your friend:)

I hope your legs get better soon:)
    The similarities between usernames is uncanny - Jonathan Stones and Richard Fingers sharing pleasantries and insults - the comments are turgid at best on a thread ostensibly meant to be discussing Beauty/how much of it is natural? - the 'genitalia' connection is remarkably apt...I can't spell it out any clearer without gaining an infraction/or ban - grow up girls...

KIVES wrote: »
    The similarities between usernames is uncanny - Jonathan Stones and Richard Fingers sharing pleasantries and insults - the comments are turgid at best on a thread ostensibly meant to be discussing Beauty/how much of it is natural? - the 'genitalia' connection is remarkably apt...I can't spell it out any clearer without gaining an infraction/or ban - grow up girls...

I don't understand Kives

I am a new member to these message boards i only joined up to make friends

This is not a friends forum - you picked a funny time to meet friends what with your legs out of action...what's your view on the thread anyway?

KIVES wrote: »
    This is not a friends forum - you picked a funny time to meet friends what with your legs out of action...what's your view on the thread anyway?

I think all women are beautiful

But i think my poor dear mother was the most beautiful

God rest her soul:(

I think all women are beautiful

But i think my poor dear mother was the most beautiful

God rest her soul:(
    This is not Personal Issues Norman P/Dick Fingers - I think after you pass your late Twenties, you have to try a little harder to maintain 'natural beauty' ...ie...give your body a helping hand and expect it to shoulder all the beautifying/purifying burden

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Stop feeding the trolls.
    Thanks.

KIVES, don't worry. I'm watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

well all i really wanna say here is MAke-up can make a massive difference for some girls. unbelievable aometimes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement