Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry Shampoo?

Options
  • 09-11-2007 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone knows where to buy dry shampoo in Dublin? Preferably that Bumble & Bumble stuff that's in all the magazines.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭fits

Batiste is available in all the pharmacies. Never heard of that bumble and bumble stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Dry shampoo is basically glorified talcum powder, it soaks up any oil in the hair. Be careful not to use too much or it will make your hair look dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

i bought the Batiste one and after about 2 times of using it it doesnt spray anymore, got it again and same thing happened? :confused::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I think I heard Aveda do a good one. You can get Aveda stuff in salons or in BT of House of Fraser. I'm sure i read about it somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Stay away from the Batiste coconut one, it stinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

Boots do dry shampoo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

The new Lee Stafford range has an excellent dry shampoo. It makes your hair smell nice and it really gets rid of oily roots. It's in Boots anyway and probably some other chemists.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I use talcum powder

it's multi-purpose, so I'm saving money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Firesuite

You guys are so helpful - thanks :)

I got the batiste stuff for now, seems to work well. Bumble and bumble hair powder is designed for the colour of your hair, and apparently smells yum so I'm still on the lookout for it.

May try the Lee Stafford stuff too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭zenzen

the bumble and bumble one is available in peter marks salons - its expensive though! can't remember exact price but it was dear. its great though as its in 4 colours and lasts ages.

next on the list to the bumble one would be lee stafford - its in a hot pink coloured bottle and is in all boots for a more purse friendly price!!! (around 6/7euro) smells really nice too but isn't coloured.

batiste is only ok in my opinion - its a bit harsh on the hair and the smell is a bit much. the other too are the best.

zenzen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭zenzen

fyi - was just on the site hqhair.com and the bumble and bumble hair powder is on sale there, £15 for the smallest bottle, if you can't find it in peter marks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

Hey the Bumble and Bumble range is in a shop in Dublin called BLU ERU? I think that's what's called.

I got it there - it smells divine but doesn't last long - it was a lifesaver a good few times when I got up for work late.

They also have it on www.hqhair.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Firesuite

Excellent, will look around town for Bumble & Bumble then - especially since the Batiste one has stopped working for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Strokesfan wrote: »
    Hey the Bumble and Bumble range is in a shop in Dublin called BLU ERU? I think that's what's called.

Yep, that shop's on South William Street, parallel to Grafton Street, Chatham Street is inbetween.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

I buy the €40:mad: can of Bumble and Bumble hair powder for the sole purpose of covering my grey roots so I can get a week or 2 longer in between hairdresseer visits.

Why would you use it as a dry shampoo? It's expensive and wouldn't all the colour in it make your hair dirty? When I wash it out the water is always filthy from the colour in it.

I'd love a cheaper version of it from some brand like John Frieda.

Why would we need a cheaper version of Batiste:confused:I know there's a recession but it only costs around €3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

I used the Batiste dry shampoo and find the smell a bit much but it does the job and is cheap!
    However I found the size of the can to be a bit big to carry around with you, such as in your handbag for emergencies, for holidays, festivals, etc, so I went into Boots and found a small can by James Brown, he's Kate Moss's hairdresser so he should know a thing or two about doing hair the morning after the night before!! :)
    Anyway I think it's really good, and smells nice too, it costs around 3euro but I bought it when Boots were having a 3 for 2 offer on travel sized hair products, so I got it, a toni & guy hair wax and conditioner for 6euro

You can see a picture of it here: http://www.handbag.com/?module=images&func=display&fileId=80745

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

I hated the Batiste one...far too powdery white (i have dark chocolate coloured hair) and the smell is sickly!!

The Lee Stafford one is really very good even though it is not coloured. A friend gave me the tip: put it in your hair when going to bed and it will have soaked up the oil by the time you get up. It works well either way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 muffles6012

I have heard the James brown and Bumble and bumble ones are the best. I am using a Toni and Guy on at the moment - it's so itchy it drives me mad - I found the John Frieda one very good. But I would really love to find one for a sensitive scalp... they are all way to itchy for me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Eerie

The Toni and Guy one sucks! Leaves my hair greasier than it was before I used it. I love the basiste one as it is more powdery and I have blonde hair so it even makes my roots less noticible...

Must investigate the Bumble and Bumble one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Bought the James Brown one not long ago, it's grand but the small can really didn't last long at all! Like only a couple of uses. Batiste stinks but is cheap and does the job.

Cautionary tale: Got up one morning late and v hungover and instead of picking up the small can of James Brown dry shampoo I picked up my mini Frederic Fekkai hairspray (same size and colour), didn't realise until i went to comb it through a few mins later. Omg was horrific :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

I have heard the James brown and Bumble and bumble ones are the best. I am using a Toni and Guy on at the moment - it's so itchy it drives me mad - I found the John Frieda one very good. But I would really love to find one for a sensitive scalp... they are all way to itchy for me. :(

I used the Toni & Guy one too and found my scalp was very itchy, made my hair feel filthy. Perhaps I used too much product... Anyway will look in Boots for the ones recommended on here so far. My hairdresser has told me not to wash my hair every day and to try and go 2/3 days between washes. So I am on the hunt for a good product to help me look presentable. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I use the Lee Stafford one, and have just got the mini can of Batiste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

agree the toni and guy one is terrible!!

i use the lee stafford one and find it really really good!

this might sound like a stupid question but where in boots do they keep their own brand dry shampoo, i've been to 3 different boots in dublin city centre and the one in rathmines and i can't find it anywhere!!

too broke to renew my lee stafford

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I've never seen an own brand one? But if you'll get it anywhere you'll get it in the monster sized Boots in Liffey Valley!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭LittleEve

missmatty wrote: »

Cautionary tale: Got up one morning late and v hungover and instead of picking up the small can of James Brown dry shampoo I picked up my mini Frederic Fekkai hairspray (same size and colour), didn't realise until i went to comb it through a few mins later. Omg was horrific :o

:eek::o:eek:
    giddybootz wrote: »
    I hated the Batiste one...far too powdery white (i have dark chocolate coloured hair) and the smell is sickly!!

The Lee Stafford one is really very good even though it is not coloured. A friend gave me the tip: put it in your hair when going to bed and it will have soaked up the oil by the time you get up. It works well either way :)

+1
    Always put it in before goin to bed if im feeling too lazy to wash my hair :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 x-rach-x

i bought the Toni and Guy one too. i just thought it was my own hair that was reacting to it as my scalp was unbelievably itchy. What a bad product!:mad:

I have tried the batiste one, used to have blonde hair and it worked real well. i have since gone back brown and i find that i can see the white-ish tinge. Not a good look!

I will try the Lee Stafford one! fingers crossed!
    R

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

this might sound like a stupid question but where in boots do they keep their own brand dry shampoo, i've been to 3 different boots in dublin city centre and the one in rathmines and i can't find it anywhere!!
    In Cork it's by the hairspray, with the other Boots Expert stuff in white packing, next to stuff like Expert Dandruff Solution and things. Not with the normal stuff, right at the bottom shelves usually. Or ask someone, they're usually good to help me find stuff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 indiecindy

Im going to t in the park, and my friend just recently told me about the mirical that is, dry shampoo.
    I was going to get the lee stafford one, but heard that it leaves your hair a bit heavy,and the scent is a bit overpowering, so Im considering on getting either the James Brown one, or the Tony and Guy one, but I dont know which one to choose?

Any advice would be appreciated
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

I have a fringe which would get a little greasy. Does dry shampoo work well for fringes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I've heard the Bumble and Bumble dry shampoo is supposed to great and it sounds really handy.I have thick dark hair and I just can't really imagine dumping a load of black powder onto my head. How do you know if you've brushed it all out? Is there not a chance you'd be left with black soot like powder sitting on your shoulders at the end of an evening or all over your pillow next morning?
    Has anyone tried it who can answer that?

Advertisement