Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Networking Sites - Do you?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I have a bebo account which i never check because it's got far too teenagery for my liking. I have a facebook account which I check every few days. I'm mainly keeping that up for when I go travelling, it'll be very handy then. I also use LinkedIn for work, which isn't fun at all but is very useful!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Have a bebo and a Facebook

would check the Bebo more then the facebook, but it is handy for keeping in touch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

I have Facebook, Bebo and Myspace.

I rarely use them but now and again it is good to have an auld nosey at people's photos from a big session in the pub etc.

As mentioned above, I hate on Facebook all this sh1te about poking, headbutting and buying you a pint. I get loads of emails advising me that I have just been poked. What does that mean? Should I be poking back or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I have a bebo account that I only check when I get an e-mail saying I have a new message. Last year myself and my friend used to use it to stalk hotties that she liked. I had to wean her off that one slowly I can tell ya! Now I just use it to keep in contact with that same friend because she's gone away.

When I do leave comments it I like to add in random things that my mother wouldn't approve of because my sister has this new thing where she tells my mother everything I write.

What really put me off using bebo a lot (and I was never a big user to begin with) was the fact that I could not understand my 16 year old brother's page with all the text speak. It made me feel old, and I'm not!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Myspace and bebo. When I joined bebo, it was an address book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Have Bebo, Myspace and Facebook

Used to use Myspace alot but its gone to the dogs lately and its just too much hassle.

Use Bebo quite regularly, as others has said, its a great way to keep in contact with people and view pictures etc, however its mainly just for irish people.

Joined Facebook a few weeks ago due to the many foreign students at DCU i have become friends with, they all seem to be on Facebook and they havent even heard of Bebo before they came here!

Advertisement