Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toys 4 Big Boys, would you be bothered?

Options
  • 09-11-2007 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

Can't believe this is still running ! €16 this year :eek:

Highlights include:

* Irelands largest tractor
    * A few sports cars
    * A helicopter
    * Random Plasma screens with PS3's & X-Box's.

If I want to see a tractor I'll go to a farm.....helicopters...whoop dii dooo...plenty of them in the airport if they tickle your fancy and I dont think going to this show is going to make people realise they need a plasma TV or X-Box :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Sizzler wrote: »
    I dont think going to this show is going to make people realise they need a plasma TV or X-Box :rolleyes:

I don't think that exhibitors will be shelling out a couple of grand per stand for absolutely nothing. Someone will buy a TV.

I'd say that a lot of clueless girlfriends/wives will be purchasing Crimbo gifts at the show. People like Topgifts will do well with the driving/flying lessons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I like it

There's apparantly gonna be some sort of military tactics demo... and there's usually a handful of guns too.

AFAIK they're selling airsoft (see: my sig) stuff there too this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I never heard of it before, but I sawr an Ad the other day and thought I'd drag Mr Boreds along. Then I thought ahhh, it's probably full of little scumbags and boy racers. Is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

No!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pbug21

Theres loadsa virtual soccer and golf and stuff, diving too and loads of other things. It will be cool. And its only 12.80 when you book online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Was at this last night and I have to say its a let down, was there last year and thought it was better but id say getting to see a Nintendo Wii early made the show for me, this one was just dier.

Last yeat they had a Maclaren Mercedes (€1m +) which has Lambo style doors as standard this year they had a Mini with Lambo doors, says it all really.....

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

Managed to get two free tickets so I'll be heading tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

I went last night for free, and I still wanted my money back. It's not worth €16.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

boreds wrote: »
    Then I thought ahhh, it's probably full of little scumbags and boy racers. Is it?

I went the first year it was on and paid for it :eek: It was kak. Got free tickets the 2nd year and gave it another chance and the car park was full of Micra's and Mitsubishi Colt's that look liked they had ram raided the car accessories aisle in Tesco's :o

DadaKopf wrote: »
    I went last night for free, and I still wanted my money back. It's not worth €16.

LOL :D

They are expecting 27,000 punters over the weekend according to the news today. LOB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I did one of those bungee trampoline things there before and it rocked! Other than that it was sh1t!

MainPhoto.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,205 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

6th wrote: »
    I did one of those bungee trampoline things there before and it rocked! Other than that it was sh1t!

MainPhoto.jpg

Go to any festival or funfair thing in Ireland and they're always there. Yes, they are fun.

I've never actually been too interested in seeing all the stuff they have at this event,, loads of friends go and talk about all the stuff. I just nod cluelessly. As Josh Homme says, "if ignorance is bliss, then I'm in heaven now"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I had free tickets for last night and couldnt have been arsed. Have been a few times and it nearly always is boring as hell. Only highlight for me was the year they had the boxing ring. When no one was looking me and my friends had a bit of a Royle Rumble match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I found it a waste of money the other years and Thank God I got free tickets or I wouldn't have went. If I get free tickets this year I still wouldn't go. Know some people who went last night and said it was bad.

Ive 50 free tickets. Still dont know whether im arsed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 roadrunner41

Was at it last night and i have to say it was pretty poor. I didnt have to pay, and just as well as if i had to hand over €16, i would be well and truly pisshed off. My highlights included BMX riders doing stunts in a halfpipe, and trying to dodge some granny selling back massagers...:eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I went once, it was utter kack I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Do they still have a lingerie show? I suppose they'd throw you out for 'saluting the general' in the front row though......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I went last year and it was awful, definately not worth 16e!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I've been (for free) several times, I could go again for free if I wanted but I'm still not going to bother, it's awful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I'd go if I had lots of money to spend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Was rubbish the year I went. Except that there was 1 or 2 pints of free Miller, and the gf got the same, and I went for free, so 4 free pints. Or maybe it was two.

Anyway, that was the highlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I refuse to pay my good money to have a bunch of twats try and sell me crap I can check out in a shop.

Its the same as the taste of Dublin sh*te - paying to get in to BUY food from restaurants who are basically charging me to advertise to me ?

No thanks I ain't that stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

I was at last years one. It's alright to kill a sunday afternoon, but it definitely isn't worth paying €16.

After watching this I think I might pay the €16 after all just to throw something at the "rapper" :rolleyes:

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhmhojqlsncw/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Well lets say how they could improve it and then point them towards this thread ... I mean it could be good if they put some effort in ... couldnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Just back from it. I was given free tickets and it's right next to my office, so I said what the heck? - I would rather like that hour of my life back now!

You basically walk around and look at cars and plasma TVs, mostly the ones that you are never (going to be able) to buy. There's a good few people trying to convince you to buy property in Spain (mid housing crash) and other dubious investments. Outside, you can watch a guy do wheelies on his motorbike. You can look at a few military jeeps and tanks and play with some deactivated guns (admit I would have liked that when I was a kid!). There was a "fashion show" where a bunch of "shemales" paraded around in the latest menswear (that no self respecting male is ever going to wear). There's also a bunch of 16 year old girls (most of whom were naturally unattractive) in copious amounts of fake tan and hot pants. X boxes etc surrounded by kids. Lot's of stalls selling airguns (mainly crowded by groups of young knacks). I could describe more, but I'm falling asleep just thinking about it.

Oh by the way, in the event that you do go - check out the "Tom Tom" (I think that was the name) stall - 2 unbelievably hot girls there (not actually doing anything, just sitting there mainly!). The only part of the thing that I actually enjoyed!

Apart from the luxury items (Ferraris, 70 inch TVs etc) I would be pretty disappointed if someone bought me a present from that place!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I went for free last night. Not great but somehting to do for an hour. All the usual sh!t you'd expect, far to many unnattractive nacker chicks wearing very little as dotsman said, however if you go to where the Astin Martin Vanquish is, there are two properly stunningly beautiful blonde girls giving out random crap.

I was really turned off when they had a womens boxing fight...eeeugh

Last night was not so bad as it was the press/corporate night, but saturday and sunday it is usually completly infested with absolute sucmbags

dotsman wrote: »
    Just back from it. I was given free tickets and it's right next to my office, so I said what the heck? - I would rather like that hour of my life back now!

There's a good few people trying to convince you to buy property in Spain (mid housing crash) and other dubious investments.
    LOL ! FFS ! That sums it up, selling property in Spain ! Oh just what the average bloke always wanted :a random apartment in Spain :rolleyes:

I dont think the average skanger going to this in their souped up 95 Punto is going to want one of these :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

I kinda wanted the inflateable hottub for €600!
    Only then I found out that although it takes only 20 minutes to set up, it takes 2 hours to fill with water and 24 hours to heat up to a max of 40 degrees.
    I was quite disappointed.

But on an up side... It's *got* to be good if the Scientologists had a stand there!

Advertisement