Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dara O Briain - Vicar Street

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭SlimJ

Going on Friday and really excited.

If anyone reading this is interested- I just read his book "Tickling The English" and it's really good. He talks about life "on the road" as it were, as well as his writing process, and he repeats most of the choice bits of audience interaction from his 2008 - 09 tour.

The book is aimed at an English audience - there's a lot of "why do ye all think this about X" but it's unashamedly written from an Irish perspective. Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

SlimJ wrote: »
    Going on Friday and really excited.

If anyone reading this is interested- I just read his book "Tickling The English" and it's really good. He talks about life "on the road" as it were, as well as his writing process, and he repeats most of the choice bits of audience interaction from his 2008 - 09 tour.

The book is aimed at an English audience - there's a lot of "why do ye all think this about X" but it's unashamedly written from an Irish perspective. Good stuff.
    Read it myself, I was at the gig in Cambridge that he talks about in the book and can vouch for the authenticity of some of the stuff he says happens at his shows :)

It's also an interesting insight into how he works and tests his pieces on different audiences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I saw him on the opening night of this tour.
    He was brilliant ... gig went on until 11:15. He talked for hours and gave us all the "test" material too!
    Really funny and much better live, in person, than I was expecting!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I adored his bit on Metal Gear Solid and crouching. So funny.

Question though. Did he blatently set up the "Spy" jokes on any night other than the show I went to last Saturday? He told people if their jobs weren't interesting, say they were spys. Of course, the next guy said he was a spy....pretty obvious it would happen and I was curious if he tried it everynight :)

Advertisement