Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dara O Briain - Vicar Street

Options
  • 08-11-2007 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭

Has anyone on here been to one of them? Any use?

I'm going on Monday, myself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭seanieclarke

im going myself at the end of next week and was wondering the same thing. havent seen or heard any reviews at all yet.

id say he will be brilliant though

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

A Guy at work went on Friday. He said He was a little off form. I know another couple who went Saturday and said the same. I thought the live dvd was very good, so.... not sure really!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

oh dara o briain is absolutely excellent, he just has such a great sense of humour! enjoy it to the last!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

i saw him last week and was in pain i was laughing so much. was far better than some other gigs i've been at recently, definately a guy at the top of his game! the dvd was great, but theres something special about him when hes there in person and in form.

Hope the rest of you get him on such a good night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Tried to get tickets but stupid online thing was acting up.

Prolly go see him next time hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Starmix

I saw him Thurs 8th Nov & he was brilliant, I had tears rolling down my face for most of the show!

Definitely got him in top form!

a great stuff!

actually now going to see him next monday which is his last date i think. hopefully he'll put in an extra effort to end on a good note!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I saw him last week and thought he was good. Well actually very good but not great. I much preferred the dvd, didn't laugh properly as much at the live show, not quite sure why that was. There were a few moments of absolute brilliance though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

Must try and get a ticket myself
    If he's half as funny as Bill Bailey was last week it'll be a great gig:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Múinteoir

I saw his show last night. I can remember laughing very hard pretty much all the way through and the speed that he was coming out with stuff off the cuff was incredible (he had a really good interaction going on with some members of the audience all the way through). Very happy with what I got for my money. Price of pints isn't the worst there either (in Dublin terms anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

when does his run end?

prendy wrote: »
    when does his run end?
    next monday i think. a few tickets left for it. dont know if theres many left for the shows between then and now.

im hoping the last show of the run is one of the best

at what time soes he be on stage at+how long does it go on for?

at what time soes he be on stage at+how long does it go on for?

Starts at 8.30 and finished just before 11. Break for about 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Amazing night. We were the crowd that "****ed with Dara's head" :D

Some really quality stuff: great off the cuff stuff, brilliant crowd interaction and a great set.

Though he told a joke in Irish, and I think it was me and about 8 others laughing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Motorbreath

Quote of the night:
    ''No words''. :D

That woman really did become the legend of the room. Nearly upstaged Dara!

If your sitting on the fence about going, I'd definitely recommend it. If he was off form at the beginning of the run, he's shaken off any rough edges and is well on top now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mabawza

Lads,

I have tickets for Dara, one of the tables. Anybody know how the seating plan in Vicar St works?

Think we are in table 42. Near the back i assume?

Mabawza wrote: »
    Lads,

I have tickets for Dara, one of the tables. Anybody know how the seating plan in Vicar St works?

There's a map on the ticketmaster.ie site where you go to buy tickets. When you go in to check for tickets for an individual show, you'll see 'seating chart' onm the right-hand side. Click on that.

Múinteoir wrote: »
    There's a map on the ticketmaster.ie site where you go to buy tickets. When you go in to check for tickets for an individual show, you'll see 'seating chart' onm the right-hand side. Click on that.

Yeah, had a look at that just shows seating area though, no table numbers.

Cheers.

Yeah, had a look at that just shows seating area though, no table numbers.

Cheers.

Well I was sitting in the back and the table number finished there about 100. So you could work it back from there. I'd say it's about ten by ten.

• Advertisement

Sound.

Thanks bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Lads,

Think we are in table 42. Near the back i assume?

table 42 is a great area, you are 4th row! he wont see you but in vicar st they cant see the second row! you're gonna have a great view!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Went to his show on friday night. Thankfully at 3 rows back he didnt pick on us:)

Fantastic show, very funny throughout, good and long too.

Crowd interaction makes it - easily as good as the DVD

table 42 is a great area, you are 4th row! he wont see you but in vicar st they cant see the second row! you're gonna have a great view!

Brilliant seats, superb gig.

Recommend Dara to anyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Quote of the night:
    ''No words''. :D

That woman really did become the legend of the room. Nearly upstaged Dara!

If your sitting on the fence about going, I'd definitely recommend it. If he was off form at the beginning of the run, he's shaken off any rough edges and is well on top now.

That was bloody brilliant. You could tell Dara couldn't believe the stuff she was saying.

Him:

"So you ran after three men with guns who had just raided you shop, in your night gown, why?"

Her: (In a country accent)

"Because they made fun of my sister"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 harbourmaster25

Hi All.

I have 2 tickets for Dara O'Briain at Vicar St. on Fri 5 Feb 2010 and I wish to swap these for two tickets for Dara O'Briain at Vicar St on a different date during his run at Vicar St. (except the weekend of 5-7 February), preferably tickets for a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night.

Hi All.

I have 2 tickets for Dara O'Briain at Vicar St. on Fri 5 Feb 2010 and I wish to swap these for two tickets for Dara O'Briain at Vicar St on a different date during his run at Vicar St. (except the weekend of 5-7 February), preferably tickets for a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night.

adverts.ie is where you need to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Claire Jameson

Hi - I have 2 x Darragh O'Brien tix for Friday 5/2/10 that I would like to swap for any other night except Sat 6/2/10. Table 100, seats 3 and 4. Would consider paying any difference in price as tix were a gift and while I can't go on the dates above I still want to see him!

Hi - I have 2 x Darragh O'Brien tix for Friday 5/2/10 that I would like to swap for any other night except Sat 6/2/10. Table 100, seats 3 and 4. Would consider paying any difference in price as tix were a gift and while I can't go on the dates above I still want to see him!

adverts.ie is where you need to go!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

"The Latinos are mutating!"

I cried with laughter. Saw him on Thursday night-I was fortunate enough to be sitting at Table 6.You might recodnize me as the Mexican Wave-loving, closet Boyzone fan. He was absolutely hysterical! Definately getting tickets for his next run!

Advertisement