Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rant about McDonalds 'Drive Thru' in Blanchardstown

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

ughh people still go to mac donalds?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

THEN THEY ASK YOU TO PARK IN THE CARPARK AND THEY WILL BRING YOUR FOOD OUT SHORTLY!!!

Thats not so bad,you might actually be getting food that has been cooked fresh ,instead of something that has been sat on the burger rack half the day.

2 stroke wrote: »
    This particular mickydees I the worst I have ever been in. Local kids ask their parents not to bring them in there.

Must bring my two there, it might wean them off the stuff ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

That happened to me once in Blanch and once in Omni, at least they're trying to keep the queue moving though. In KFC if they don't have what you ordered made, you just have to sit there waiting for it to be cooked while the queue gets rediculously long behind ya....hella annoying if you're stuck behind the eejit who ordered something awkward!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Malteaser! wrote: »
    That happened to me once in Blanch and once in Omni, at least they're trying to keep the queue moving though. In KFC if they don't have what you ordered made, you just have to sit there waiting for it to be cooked while the queue gets rediculously long behind ya....hella annoying if you're stuck behind the eejit who ordered something awkward!!

I'm one of those eejits. Don't eat vegetables, mustard, mayo or any of that b*llox so not my fault they don't cater for me with their pre-made food. Meat, cheese and ketchup ftw.

• Advertisement

....hella annoying if you're stuck behind the eejit who ordered something awkward!!

Like fried chicken & chips :rolleyes:

The one (McD's) in Athlone is usually quite quick, I pick up something for the kids while on my way back from the chinese.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I'm one of those eejits. Don't eat vegetables, mustard, mayo or any of that b*llox so not my fault they don't cater for me with their pre-made food. Meat, cheese and ketchup ftw.

Actually that's true, I've been with people who just ordered plain burgers before, that's why we had to sit in the carpark. Having to wait in the carpark as opposed to the window doesn't really bother me, it p!ssed me off one day though when it was raining and the girl didn't even put the burger in a bag so by the time it got out to the car the cardboard was all soggy and the burger was freezing!!

Would you rather they kept a stock of plain of burgers so you never had to wait, even though people rarely buy them? I think you'd just end up with a burger that had been sitting there half the day if they did that. At least you know your food has always been prepared fresh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishfeller

Would you rather they kept a stock of plain of burgers so you never had to wait, even though people rarely buy them? I think you'd just end up with a burger that had been sitting there half the day if they did that. At least you know your food has always been prepared fresh!!

Actually I would rather if they kept a stock of burgers made and then get one straight away! Thanks to all the additives they contain there isn't a whole lot of difference between a big Mac and a big Mac thats been sitting there for 20 mins - 'Fresh' isn't a word I would really associate with McDs food...

Also every time I go there there is a q of cars for Drive Thru and a q of people inside - surely if they had a stockpile of burgers there they would never be sittin there long....

I mean that they'd be cold if they were sitting there all day!!

Any time I've been there there has been a queue but it's moved really quickly, they do have a stockpile of burgers but why would they bother having a load of plain burgers sitting there when most people won't be asking for them??

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishfeller

Dunno about plain burgers but I go for the quarter pounder with cheese...normally takes em over 5 mins to make it...ye'd think that they would have a stockpile of them...:confused:

• Advertisement

haha i dunno why I'm making excuses for McDonalds...they really should have them ready!!

haha i dunno why I'm making excuses for McDonalds...they really should have them ready!!
    I think that they only stockpile during peak times, and then only a few minutes worth!

They do that to ensure they have ample time to spit in your burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

They do that to ensure they have ample time to spit in your burger.

Gimme slaiva over mayo any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

'Fraid of it, 'fraid of the vegetables. :D

Can't find Slaiva on the map....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

connundrum wrote: »
    Moral of story - Don't go to McDonalds in Blanch.

Or don't go to McDonalds at all.

Or walk to your local supermarket, but some chicken fillets and fresh veg and make your own meal in 20 mins.

Or not.

Hear hear!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

biko wrote: »
    This happens at McD's all over the land, not just over there. Same thing happened to me in the Westside.

Just go inside next time.

Can't believe you didn't Biko the thread :D

Dublin City forum ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

i hate the drive thru grrrrrrr!!

went to a drive thru for mcdonalds before and asked them for directions to burger king!! fair play to the guy he gave us the directions and said that we made the right choice as mcdonalds is crap haha! we then went to payment place and he was laughing asked him for some napkins and on our merry way we went! i laughed !! ah teenage years dont ya just miss them!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

emo!! wrote: »
    i hate the drive thru grrrrrrr!!

went to a drive thru for mcdonalds before and asked them for directions to burger king!! fair play to the guy he gave us the directions and said that we made the right choice as mcdonalds is crap haha! we then went to payment place and he was laughing asked him for some napkins and on our merry way we went! i laughed !! ah teenage years dont ya just miss them!:p

Yea Burger King is far superior. :rolleyes::p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Yea Burger King is far superior. :rolleyes::p

i know , even the staff in mcdonald know that!!! bet there all dead jealous of the buger king staff!! DANCE OFF!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Can't believe you didn't Biko the thread :D

Dublin City forum ftw

OR dublin 15 forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

OR consumer issues forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,694 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

krazy_8s wrote: »
    I think this has to do with the fact that recently both micky d's and B king have been cooking the food when you order, rather then constantly having everything cooked and waiting to go on the hot tray.

in all fairness id much rather have it that way. Wendy's in the USA has been muscling that idea for the last 6 months or so and theyre all copping on quick that its what people want: a fresh sandwhich that hasnt been sitting in the steamer for 20+ minutes. But to be fair, the chains have always kept a low deadline on how long a sandwhich can sit in the chute before it is trashed. I beleive its actually something like 15 minutes (30 at the most? its been a while since i heard this).

Next time your at the window give them a quick ask of whats ready: usually your bog standards like chicken burgers and big macs. If youre in a rush, what can ye do.

Advertisement