Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rant about McDonalds 'Drive Thru' in Blanchardstown

Options
  • 07-11-2007 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Has anyone been to the McDonalds Drive Thru in Blanchardstown near the shoppin centre. I have been there a few times in the last year and every time it is the same story :-

- you drive to the first window and make your order
    - drive to the second window where you pay
    - and then you drive to the third window where they give you your drink AND THEN THEY ASK YOU TO PARK IN THE CARPARK AND THEY WILL BRING YOUR FOOD OUT SHORTLY!!!

Is it me or is the idea of a drive thru that u order your food and get it straight away - I have never heard of any other drive thru where they make you park and wait for the food! Its very Irish! One time I was parked for over 10 minutes before they brought the food out.

And when they ask you to park you can't complain in case they spit in the burger or somethin...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Moral of story - Don't go to McDonalds in Blanch.

Or don't go to McDonalds at all.

Or walk to your local supermarket, but some chicken fillets and fresh veg and make your own meal in 20 mins.

Or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

Same happens to me if I order a Quarter-pounder without cheese,

They arent made regularly, so you have to wait 5-10 minutes for them.:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Where is the McDonald's in Blanch?
    Is that the one beside West? I remember that to be a KFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

The-Rigger wrote: »

Damn cheese eating surrender monkey stealing peoples McDonalds!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭cson

That drive thru vid is excellent. It all hinges on the person at the first window not copping onto it though.

Oh and I agree about the special orders in Maccy D's being absolute **** to get hold of. I usually order a big mac with just lettuce and cheese (Cause I hate the other **** they put on it) and it takes ages or else they forget or else I just get a normal one.

Course it might help if they actually hired (a) Irish People or at least if (b) their workers had a decent comprehension of the english language or if (c) some of them could actually speak english.

Thats a debate for another day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I don't get that video, last time I was at a Drive-Tru you'd pay at the same window you'd get your food from?!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishfeller

Great vid - don't try it in Blanchardstown tho! They might cop on when 2 cars are sittin in the carpark waitin for the same food!

The McDs in Blanch is out east of the centre - that KFC is still there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Happened to me at the McDonalds in Waterford before also.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Oriel wrote: »
    Where is the McDonald's in Blanch?
    Is that the one beside West? I remember that to be a KFC.

The fast food place beside "West" is a KFC, but West hasn't been known as that in many years!

The McDonalds drive through is along the same road, past the library and leisureplex and on the left next to Xtravision and what was the Budabar. There is a McDonalds at the blue entrance to the centre as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭cson

Holsten wrote: »
    I don't get that video, last time I was at a Drive-Tru you'd pay at the same window you'd get your food from?!

Drive up, go "oops drove in here by accident, I don't want anything" drive on slowly up to 2nd window, take the food. High tail it outta there to Mexico. It basically hinges on the person in the first window not copping your trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Holsten wrote: »

Where was that then? Any Drive Tru I've ever seen involves 3 stops. 1st order, 2nd pay, 3rd collect food. In the scam you simply don't order, don't pay, just collect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

They should make a drive-through Subway... I once got a meatball sub from there, and it was delicious. I would like another.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

- you drive to the first window and make your order
    - drive to the second window where you pay
    - and then you drive to the third window where they give you your drink AND THEN THEY ASK YOU TO PARK IN THE CARPARK AND THEY WILL BRING YOUR FOOD OUT SHORTLY!!!

You forgot to mention: They usually get the order wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I think this has to do with the fact that recently both micky d's and B king have been cooking the food when you order, rather then constantly having everything cooked and waiting to go on the hot tray.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

DaveMcG wrote: »
    They should make a drive-through Subway... I once got a meatball sub from there, and it was delicious. I would like another.
    Any form of Subway would be nice! I've heard there is one starting in Blanch soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

This happens at McD's all over the land, not just over there. Same thing happened to me in the Westside.

Just go inside next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dinter2k

Hahaha that video is quality!!Might try it sometime.

When they make ya wait for your food in Maccy D's in Artane your sent to a car space which is pretty small and other people tend to eat their food in it,im just waitin for one day that im sittin waitin on food and some gobeen gives my food to some other car.Waiting i tells ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Great vid - don't try it in Blanchardstown tho! They might cop on when 2 cars are sittin in the carpark waitin for the same food!
    lol

(These kind of replies aren't banned yet, are they?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

And when they ask you to park you can't complain in case they spit in the burger or somethin...

Sure you can! They've already spat in the burger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Any form of Subway would be nice! I've heard there is one starting in Blanch soon.

there is one opening where Cafe Aztec was. Lunch times are gonna be a whole lot nicer when that opens!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Why would anyone drive through Blanchardstown in the first place :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

MrJoeSoap wrote: »

Oh yes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

There not called drive thrus anymore. They are Mc Drives.

They may soon rename the toilets Mc Pee and Mc Pooh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Keith186

Eh it's better than getting home and then realising the phuckers didn't give you some of you ****. Happened to me before, same place, different day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

This particular mickydees I the worst I have ever been in. Local kids ask their parents not to bring them in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

biko wrote: »
    This happens at McD's all over the land, not just over there. Same thing happened to me in the Westside.

Just go inside next time.
    Or better yet, bring a sandwich with you. Last time I ate in the McDonalds in westside I was walking funny for days afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

cazzy wrote: »
    There not called drive thrus anymore. They are Mc Drives.

They may soon rename the toilets Mc Pee and Mc Pooh.

Hmm, what would happen if you **** in the Mc Pee toilet?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Karoma wrote: »
    You forgot to mention: They usually get the order wrong.

Yeah I was behind a guy who was told to go park his car and wait and when I got to the window I was handed his order of about 5 big macs... I was about half a mile away when realised... I wouldn't mind if I actually liked Big Macs but I hate them.. So I went back for my McChicken Sambo meal.. And gave out :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

krazy_8s wrote: »
    Hmm, what would happen if you **** in the Mc Pee toilet?

A McBaytin'

Advertisement