Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtuber posting before 7+ dead in Finnish school shooting

Options
  • 07-11-2007 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭

http://uk.reuters.com/article/UKNews1/idUKHEL00597220071107
    A youtuber posted massacre warning hours before shooting spree.
    Taking "Broadcast yourself" a bit far?
    "Jokela High School Massacre - 11/7/2007"
    The vid seems to have been removed and others locked but the 91 vids listed from him speak loads. I presume the list will be removed also.

Most recent is that at least 7 dead.

I think someone predicted that after whatshisname (best forgotten) the next waste of space would probably post videos next for more self glorification.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Outer Bongolia

Surprised it took so long. Creepy but that's the way the world is going. Everyone has a voice nowadays, even those that shouldn't

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Its spelt "before"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

well the use to post there manifestoes to newspapers today its bit more instant but no worse

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Its spelt "before"...

Title edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Karoma wrote: »
    Title edited.
    ciaran500 wrote:
    Its spelt "before"....
    The "b4" was intentional and I felt it was perfectly relevent to the subject in light of the age of the perpetrator, the context of a modern phenomena style school killing and the use of youtube to announce his intentions.

So far 7 children and a woman dead (5 boys, 2 girls and a teacher) and he himself is critically injured in hospital after shooting himself.
    Why didnt he just do that bit first:rolleyes:
    My sympathy to the victims.

Oh the angst, oh the world doesnt understand, oh the b0!lix,:rolleyes: its just another maladjusted creep looking for attention.

Had a quick browse through youtube, still has links, and there's loads of similar stuff to what he was posting. In fact although his account has been suspended and his videos blocked
    "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation."
    I wouldnt be surprised if he had other accounts, there's one that stands out, I wont mention it immediately as I dont want to start false rumours etc but it also has recently posted similar references, mostly very disturbing. Either that or some very likeminded individuals who need further investigation.:eek::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Anyone watching this material is giving the guy what he wants IMO, so I'm not going to bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

"The gunman, who had walked through Jokela High School firing into classroom after classroom with a .22-caliber handgun, is in hospital after wounding himself in the head."

Hah. I hope he's brought to justice now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

Wertz wrote: »
    Anyone watching this material is giving the guy what he wants IMO, so I'm not going to bother.

+1
    yeah what a w*nker.
    Why don't these people just kill them selfs before killing innocent people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

DaveMcG wrote: »
    "The gunman, who had walked through Jokela High School firing into classroom after classroom with a .22-caliber handgun, is in hospital after wounding himself in the head."

Hah. I hope he's brought to justice now.

Finally one of these sh1tes will live long enough to get everything thats coming to them.

Experience the aftermath and the guilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Unfortunately he is now dead.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7082795.stm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

The world should hold a global gasing for all these freaks
    I'm glad he's not dead though so he can now be raped in jail

EDIT: Damn he's dead!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Ban youtube. :mad:

+1
    yeah what a w*nker.
    Why don't these people just kill them selfs before killing innocent people.

Makes it more difficult to kill people when you're dead.........

Anywho, news sites reporting that he died in hospital. Boo-urns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

Makes it more difficult to kill people when you're dead.........

Anywho, news sites reporting that he died in hospital. Boo-urns.

Yeah that's what i meant:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Ban youtube. :mad:

Yeah! If youtube didn't exist, this wouldn't have happened. It's definatley youtubes fault. People don't realise how dangerous the internet actually is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Its spelt "before"...

It's spelt "it's"....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It's great when people correcting the spelling of others get it wrong themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭coolhandc

boreds wrote: »
    Yeah! If youtube didn't exist, this wouldn't have happened. It's definatley youtubes fault. People don't realise how dangerous the internet actually is.

dont be ridiculous.i cant see how banning youtube prevents maniacs going through with such atrocities.it has happened for years over in the states.next your going to say lets ban all computer consoles.hell lets ban the internet altogether.

methinks the sarcasm went right over your head........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Don't worry, someone will be stupid enough to actually blame Youtube for this. Some old granny and then some poor PR person for Google will have to explain (probably a thousand times over) that Youtube is not the only video site, that the users account was suspended soon after and that him posting on the Internet has nothing to do with shooting up a school.

• Advertisement

But... it's all those DOOM video games that you kids play on your commodore 64s! And your satanic music! It inevitably leads to underage sex and school shootings!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭coolhandc

methinks the sarcasm went right over your head........

oh right!lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Wertz wrote: »
    Well in many ways I agree with you, but wouldnt stop me watching footage of 9/11 just because I know BinLiner feels he is owed royalties. I appreciate the difference between the news reports and self made videos, these are usually extremely boring only worth watching just to confirm how little these people have to say, and to ridicule their attempts to say it.
    Their only way to "acheive" any kind of anything is by extremes of senseless violence.
    I am more interested in what makes them tHick.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Just another pissed off teenager who thinks he's better than anyone else. It's a phase people, you get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

But... it's all those DOOM video games that you kids play on your commodore 64s! And your satanic music! It inevitably leads to underage sex and school shootings!

You're sarsactic, but when I was reading about this yesterday on BBC news (and wondering why I had not seen it on boards) they had a line something along the lines of "His video posted on youtube, with heavy-metal music playing, showed him doing blah blah blah..." are we still not over that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭beans

It's spelled "spelled" ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

seamus wrote: »
    Just another pissed off teenager who thinks he's better than anyone else. It's a phase people, you get over it.
    Unfortunately this teenagers' phase cost the lives of 8 other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

beans wrote: »
    It's spelled "spelled" ffs

Spelt is acceptable as either the past tense or the past participle of spell (as doonothing used it in the passive voice):

1) Past tense: He spelt the word. Spelled is also fine here as well.

2) Past participle (as used by doonothing in the passive voice): It's spelt "spelt".

See here

So doonothing you can have the last word.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭beans

I should have spelled 'spelled' as 'spelt', as in "It's spelt 'spelled' ffs"

That would have shown him :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Has Marilyn Manson been blamed yet? Always happens within 36 hours of the event.

Advertisement