Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plans for the coming apocalypse

Options
  • 07-11-2007 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

A subject of interest to me, there happens to be alot of talk of a downturn in the Irish housing market recently. To me, this is but the first murmurs of an oncoming decent into madness and anarchy on behalf of the Irish republic. So lets assume it happens, people grow tired of high mortgages and corrupt government and social order breaks down...riots break out, social unrest, civic disturbances...and where will you be?

Me? I'll be launching sniper attacks upon the massively over crowded M50(packed with dublins finest escaping to the wilderness).

*please note this is a completely hypothetical thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Suicide bombing the Dáil.
    No wait, that's tomorrow afternoon....hang on and I'll check my diary...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'll be on my way to sunny Mexico! no wait, isnt that place flooded to sh*t now...? aww, have to think of a new plan. I'll get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I'll change my name to Omecron and lead my tribe against the plague of zombies that is sure to break out.

Want to join my tribe? Text ZOMBIE to 087******* now!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Wertz wrote: »
    No wait, that's tomorrow afternoon....hang on and I'll check my diary...
    If you're going to suicide bomb the dail tomorrow, won't it free up the rest of your diary?

I'm going to stock up on tinned foods and hide out til it blows over. Once everyone has fled the cities, I'll pick out a nice big house for myself and lived like a king on tinned peaches!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Mining all access roads to the West, then declaring West Galway clan territory with me as grand chieftain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

DaveMcG wrote: »
    I'll be on my way to sunny Mexico! no wait, isnt that place flooded to sh*t now...? aww, have to think of a new plan. I'll get back to you.

Even if you managed to get to the airport I'll be spending part of my days blinding pilots with my trusty laser pointer. THERE SHALL BE NO ESCAPE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Haha, joke's on you, we'll all be too poor to afford semtex.
    biko wrote: »
    Mining all access roads to the West, then declaring West Galway clan territory with me as grand chieftain.
    What category of moderator is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Working on a way to stop the decay of Irish culture and society by launching a hamster into the sun.

Semtex is sooo 90's...I'm going with two phials of binary explosive and a nice Thermos to combine them in. Sure the cops on duty at the gate will think it's a hip flask and wave me on through.
    Humanji wrote:
    ...won't it free up the rest of your diary?
    I have an armoured diary. Must be the boy scout in me...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I'll change my name to Omecron and lead my tribe against the plague of zombies that is sure to break out.

Want to join my tribe? Text ZOMBIE to 087******* now!

I was hoping this was about ZOMBIES......,

zombie_survival_guide.jpg

thezombiesurvivalguide.jpg

• Advertisement

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    I was hoping this was about ZOMBIES......,

zombie_survival_guide.jpg

thezombiesurvivalguide.jpg

It -can- be about zombies! Due to the lack of pharmacies there shall be no methadone giveouts, junkie city man!

Just dont go down the same road as George Romero and infer the junkies/zombies have rights. Shoot to kill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

I'll take up residence in the abandoned (or very cheap to buy since house prices are so low) and take up residence in aras an uchtarain, then hunt the phoenix park deer while stting traps for the zombies. Stay out of my park.

Then slowly lose my mind from lonliness until I start chaining zombies up and talking to them. No no Jerry, dont bite your friend. Good zombie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I'll take up residence in the abandoned (or very cheap to buy since house prices are so low) and take up residence in aras an uchtarain, then hunt the phoenix park deer while stting traps for the zombies. Stay out of my park.

Then slowly lose my mind from lonliness until I start chaining zombies up and talking to them. No no Jerry, dont bite your friend. Good zombie.

You will die before sun down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Archeron

Apocalyse, Aschmocalypse. When the sun explodes, then I'll worry.
    If Ireland was reduced to total anarchy, the scariest thing would be the increase in off license sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Archeron wrote: »
    Apocalyse, Aschmocalypse. When the sun explodes, then I'll worry.
    If Ireland was reduced to total anarchy, the scariest thing would be the increase in off license sales.

Or the closure of Spar stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Givng bl*w jobs to punters during the night and helping them to scma their tax returns during the day
    Ireland still needs the s*x and scandal trade even during economic turmoil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Hellm0 wrote: »
    A subject of interest to me, there happens to be alot of talk of a downturn in the Irish housing market recently. To me, this is but the first murmurs of an oncoming decent into madness and anarchy on behalf of the Irish republic. So lets assume it happens, people grow tired of high mortgages and corrupt government and social order breaks down...riots break out, social unrest, civic disturbances...and where will you be?

Me? I'll be launching sniper attacks upon the massively over crowded M50(packed with dublins finest escaping to the wilderness).

*please note this is a completely hypothetical thread.

This thread is not funny. It's just embarrassing.

Also, as far as I know the impending apocalypse will "not be by water, but by fire next time."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Semtex is sooo 90's...I'm going with two phials of binary explosive and a nice Thermos to combine them in. Sure the cops on duty at the gate will think it's a hip flask and wave me on through.
    Er maybe its not such a hot idea to discuss in detail blowing up the seat of government on a public forum? Just a thought...
    Hellm0 wrote:
    It -can- be about zombies!
    Right, I'll be leader of the roving motorcycle gang, with the happening do and the wisecracking transexual lackeys. Pa El Grande lent me his Ghandi suit earlier, so I'll be riding point, throwing people off, they will be all, oh look, theres the father of modern peaceful protest, isn't that cute, or possibly oh dear, theres a man in a nappy, better give him some change, then wham! Mad maxed baby, mad maxed. Hell of a way to go. Still maybe you could get a zombie to gnaw off your arm if you haven't the nerve to saw through it.
    Also, as far as I know the impending apocalypse will "not be by water, but by fire next time."
    Eh what does your handy alternative to bogroll have to say about the shambling hordes of mindless carnivorous undead, seeking brains? I mean what, headshot or dismemberment, or do we just tie 'em up and lamp 'em into a cement mixer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Archeron

EVERYBODY STOP LIGHTING FARTS!!!!!

I'm covered by the hypothetical disclaimer in the OP.

Besides if I really wanted to overthrow Dáil Eireann, I wouldn't be as dramatic as blowing it up....no, all I have to do is lace all the kegs in the member's bar with ricin; this is how the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper.

I can see the global headlines now: Irish government lost in tragic drinking accident, World carries on as normal.

• Advertisement

LouOB wrote: »
    Givng bl*w jobs to punters during the night and helping them to scma their tax returns during the day
    Ireland still needs the s*x and scandal trade even during economic turmoil

Care to start early?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Er maybe its not such a hot idea to discuss in detail blowing up the seat of government on a public forum? Just a thought...

Why not? The worst that could possibly arise out of this discussion is the dail getting blown to pieces. Hmm maybe that would be bad, who would take the brown envelopes then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Tax returns needed to be in by 31st Oct - too late HellmO

LouOB wrote: »
    Tax returns needed to be in by 31st Oct - too late HellmO

Tax law be damned!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Is it not already happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

kicking the **** out of Mary " the hippo " Harney

Hey! Stop kicking that valuable food source!

Hey! Stop kicking that valuable food source!

We can make candles from her blubber too! And rope from her(I'm sure) ample body hair!

So if the economy goes to sh1t, everyone'll turn into Zombies?

Awesome.

I'll be that dude you always see in the movies who tried to save everyone, gets a big group together, has sex with some hot blonde haired chick, only to ultimately kill themselves in the end.

Fantastic plan :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Hellm0 wrote: »
    We can make candles from her blubber too! And rope from her(I'm sure) ample body hair!

can you report a post for making you throw up in your mouth?

Advertisement