Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Fixed Abode

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

cson wrote: »
    Don't worry Randylonghorn, the ironing of it all is not lost on me.
    Gee, I have some laundry that needs "ironing" too. What do you charge? I hate "ironing!" Or was this an expression "lost on me" since crossing the pond to study in Bushyland? Oh, I know! Maybe you meant that you were "ironing" something out as a metaphor?

Now back to the original question... You find all kinds of vans in So Cal, from rich to poor, from starving students to beach bums lookin for a curl to catch at The Wedge. Many have mattresses in the back, and no tellin what else... So it doesn't mean they are homeless here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

That said I would touch SUNGOD's ma with Randylonghorns
    You keep your hands off it, mate, I don't care whose ma you're intending to rub it against! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Gee, I have some laundry that needs "ironing" too. What do you charge? I hate "ironing!" Or was this an expression "lost on me" since crossing the pond to study in Bushyland? Oh, I know! Maybe you meant that you were "ironing" something out as a metaphor?

Now back to the original question... You find all kinds of vans in So Cal, from rich to poor, from starving students to beach bums lookin for a curl to catch at The Wedge. Many have mattresses in the back, and no tellin what else... So it doesn't mean they are homeless here.

Ironing = irony, loike omg duh :rolleyes:

Now back to the question at hand, and it aint about your fecking hippy surfers in "So Cal" (I betcha thats in Ballina) its about people that live in the back of vans. Its very serious topic, almost worthy of a place on loive line.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,850 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Being from Limerick, you see that thing very often. It's nothing new, and in my job you come across alot of people with the No Fixed Abode address (not mentioning any groups).

What would the smell be like?! Name of jaysus I'd say it'd be chronic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Are you suggesting that the pot is calling the kettle black SUNGOD? Are you? I'm sorry to ruin your fantasy world, but pots and kettles can't talk. Unless of course one is mildly drunk and/or has taken nefarious substances.

In any case I was stating fact good sir. His van did indeed smell like faeces. And not just animal faeces either. Now be a good lad and stop derailing my important thread that could get boards a media mention on Gerard Ryans delightfully tasteful show.

We have pighead imitators now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I have no fixed adobe....pdfs are a bitch...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

skywalker wrote: »

go easy on poor CSON he was up way past his bed time and he got carried away and thought he was original and funny, ah bless his little cotton socks .and as you can read he seems to have a fasination about mothers and ironing and for some strange reason he wants to touch my mother with other mens ........... very strange but i suppose we have to make allowances for any body who sh1ts on themselves when they see a big van

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Wertz wrote: »
    I have no fixed adobe....pdfs are a bitch...

I have no fixed abode as well, the plumber is still due to come.

skywalker wrote: »

One would like to see the rationale behind how you came to that conclusion. In any case imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and we don't see any skywalker impersonators roaming boards now do we?
    SUNGOD wrote: »
    go easy on poor CSON he was up way past his bed time and he got carried away and thought he was original and funny, ah bless his little cotton socks .and as you can read he seems to have a fasination about mothers and ironing and for some strange reason he wants to touch my mother with other mens ........... very strange but i suppose we have to make allowances for any body who sh1ts on themselves when they see a big van

Again thread derailering ffs. You better offer something of value to the discussion or I'm going reporting you to the old bill SUNGOD. In fact the last line of that post is serious personal abuse, so I'm gonna do it anyway. Check and mate my dear friend.

Once again I have to steer this ship of controversy on course again; Is it acceptable behauviour to use the mcdonalds for a mc**** with extra lies?

• Advertisement

Ironing = irony, loike omg duh :rolleyes:
    SHE KNEW THAT! ... loike omg duh :rolleyes:

Whoosh!

Anyway ... a mattress in the back of a van is grand when a few people are heading to a concert, or the beach for the weekend, or something like that. Have done it myself as a student, kayaks / boards tied on top, 4 of us sleeping in the back with enough pints as anaesthetic ... no probs.

Wouldn't like to be trying to live out of one, tho'.

Again thread derailering ffs. You better offer something of value to the discussion or I'm going reporting you to the old bill SUNGOD. In fact the last line of that post is serious personal abuse, so I'm gonna do it anyway. Check and mate my dear friend.

QUOTE]

ok just to keep CSON from throwing all the toys out of the pram i will contribute , even i SUNGOD has used that van trick, just throw in a mattress sleeping bag, pillows etc and head off. did it three years running on the way to oxygen. also i know of people who stayed in vans when they ,lets just say fell on hard times , it happens and the way banks are handing out 100% and 110% mortgages its going to increase .its not a social stigma or a cry for help its a sign of the times we live in as the divide between the classes becomes wider ,bertie gets 38 grand extra someone else becomes homeless.oh and CSON if ya think that last post was "serious personal abuse" well SUNGOD is very sorry .i dont want to get you all mad and heaven forbid you might lose the rag and send me a stiffly worded letter . by the way CSON what are you wearing ? now take your time and desribe it to me in detail .............!

Jeez SUNGOD this thread was all light hearted until that. I hear what you're saying though buddy, and it should have a thread of its own in a forum with a touch more seriousness than AH.

While I would reply to the "what are you wearing" with a sarcastic put down (e.g. I'm wearing yore ma at the minute) your candidness in the last post has somehow thawed my icy cold heart; I'm wearing my muumuu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

Auh badger,I took a wrong turn at the Paranormal forum and I've ended up here...I'd love to contribute lads but I'm in serious discussion about how ghosts raise their young

KIVES wrote: »
    Auh badger,I took a wrong turn at the Paranormal forum and I've ended up here...I'd love to contribute lads but I'm in serious discussion about how ghosts raise their young
    Spiritually? :p
    SUNGOD wrote: »
    ... heaven forbid you might lose the rag and send me a stiffly worded letter. by the way CSON what are you wearing ?
    Association of ideas? :D

Jeez SUNGOD this thread was all light hearted until that. I hear what you're saying though buddy, and it should have a thread of its own in a forum with a touch more seriousness than AH.

While I would reply to the "what are you wearing" with a sarcastic put down (e.g. I'm wearing yore ma at the minute) your candidness in the last post has somehow thawed my icy cold heart; I'm wearing my muumuu.

thats it friends for life here i was sitting on a space hopper wearing my muumuu thinking i was weird , good chatting with ya CSON talkcha

KIVES wrote: »

mmmmm who is this badger you speak off ? or are you speaking in tongues after spending to much time on the paranormal forum . by the way derek acorah is behind ya naked from the ankles up (flip flops) . i have the gift

Advertisement