Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new years alone?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

really? i thought you were bringing your wireless router on holiday with you.
    he really loves that router.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I'm going to Sydney for New Years this year. I'm not going specifically to spend NYE there, just happen to be there for it. It's a load of sh!te everywhere. $180 to go and stand in a park down in Circular Quay to see a fcuking fireworks display!
    G-friend is really looking forward to spending NYE at the Opera House whereas i just wish we could go to a BBQ or a pub..
    I hate these 'special' nights, like NYE and StStephens night, when you HAVE to go out. They usually end up being the worst nights..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

im going to Washington DC to spend new years with my beautiful GF and usher in the new year with some sexy time, as i did last new years in London..good times :D
    Tho if i wasnt going there, no way inh ell would i go out for NYE. I prefer staying at home where drink doesnt cost E10 a pint, im not packed into a tiny bar with a million other people, and im not at risk of being glassed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i'll be at a friends house getting very drunk.

year before last I was in Canada smoking lots of dope. I don't really have a preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭daniel3982

Berlin's amazing, lived there this summer, youve made a great choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

New years eve is over-rated. People fight more, collapse more, more people get attcked and end up crying. Or hey, maybe thats just my end of the country. It can be fun, but ges over hyped

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

all you need is a pack of Johnnies and clean socks to have a good time on new years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I spent New Year 1993 alone in London, as I'd just qualified, hadn't yet got a job and couldn't afford to come home (flights to Dublin were £250 sterling!). It was boring and lonely, but not so bad when all the friends and boyfriend at the time returned a couple of days later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭TheThing!

Go for it. new Years a load of ****e anyway, who wants to listen to all the crap people spout about what they aren't going to do different next year. and then you have the crowds... *shudder*

Jesus, thats another thing I hate about that whole time of year which I forgot about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Unpossible Jnr is due on the 31st of december, so we could be spending new years in the local hospital. :D

• Advertisement

Its been a long term ambition of mine to go to bed at 11 on New Years Eve, maybe this year Ill do it. Hopefully. New years is an awful pain in the arse!

TheThing! wrote: »
    Jesus, thats another thing I hate about that whole time of year which I forgot about

Yea New years resolutions are for the weak!

Advertisement