Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RSOV + Military AUG + TNT = Garda Ballistics

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Since this thread has been brought back from the dead, a related question: if I order an AEG which I know is likely to be hot and have the spring removed completely before shipping (so that I can install a 1J or less spring here on receipt), I take it that this is still sent for testing by Ballistics, regardless of whether or not it functions as an AEG?

If this is getting into dangerous territory as regards forum rules, please let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

If theres no spring in it it cant be tested, that being said it could still get seized (its not like the cops are gonna know theres no spring in it until it goes to balistics).

If you have the spring removed before its sent then its no longer over the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

they should route them to the army or fca or police guys for simulation games. they could set a limit say 2J and say okay anything over 1j and under 2j we can hand it out here. i suspect of course they would be still breaking the law and it would not be as easy as that, lets be honest its never as easy as that.

okay maybe not...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

kevteljeur wrote: »
    Since this thread has been brought back from the dead, a related question: if I order an AEG which I know is likely to be hot and have the spring removed completely before shipping (so that I can install a 1J or less spring here on receipt), I take it that this is still sent for testing by Ballistics, regardless of whether or not it functions as an AEG?

If this is getting into dangerous territory as regards forum rules, please let me know.

if you were going to get the spring removed, you may as well get the retailer to replace it with a 1 Joule spring instead. There would be no difference in the amount of work involved to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

kdouglas wrote: »
    if you were going to get the spring removed, you may as well get the retailer to replace it with a 1 Joule spring instead. There would be no difference in the amount of work involved to do it.

Sure, I was well aware of that - I was just curious about how they deal with that here. It was more of a hypothetical question than anything; in practice I'd order the 1J spring downgrade.

• Advertisement
Advertisement