Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RSOV + Military AUG + TNT = Garda Ballistics

Options
  • 05-11-2007 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭

Ordered the new Military Styer off RSOV last monday, picked TNT instead of UPS cos a bad reviews. Got a call from TNT wednesday saying they had my package and E22 was owed cos they payed the VAT to customs on my behalf and said theyd deliver it tommorrow (thursday). Got a call the next day then from a garda in Dublin airport saying they got my Styer and sent it to ballistics to check it was under the joule. Sound garda, knew what he was talkin bout an all gave me his name and number. Asked em how long it would be an he said theres airsoft up there for the last month waiting to be tested.

Anyone have any similar experience? Will I get me gun before the new year or will I ever get it?

An dont use TNT there all scumbags.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

hmmm... interesting, i had a nice big order with 3 m249's amongst other things come in a while ago, sent via tnt, saw it got held by customs and like yours, it was because they wanted to clear the vat charges with me before delivery, got them the next day, staff were very helpful, even putting me through to the delivery driver directly the next day when i rang to ask what time they are scheduled for delivery (pesky job meant i had to leave the house at lunch)

Edit:
    oh and to answer your original question, once it gets tested and cleared under the 1J, you'll get it back, not sure what the hold up is on them getting tested though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭cherubaul

when did keith start using TNT? was it by special request? Did you ask for certification of fps from the vendor? My team mates and I do this and have yet to have a bad experience.Also and this is just inquisitiveness if an airsoft item is found to be above the 1 joule limit but purchased due to false information provided to the buyer for example wrong fps on the box is there any room for a person to immeadiately downgrade the item and submit the offending spring for destruction? i mean after all its the spring not the actual AEG thats responsible for causing the offence. Is there any disgression allowed on the part of the gardai or are they obliged to follow to the letter of the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Ballistics? Sounds dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

I know a lot of people have imported AEGs without hassle but I personally dont want the worry that an AEG I import may in fact be over 1 joule despite the specifications from the manufacturer. I tend to get my acessories from overseas but I will and have supported the local retailers when buying my AEGs and GBBs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

cherubaul wrote: »
    when did keith start using TNT? was it by special request? Did you ask for certification of fps from the vendor? My team mates and I do this and have yet to have a bad experience.Also and this is just inquisitiveness if an airsoft item is found to be above the 1 joule limit but purchased due to false information provided to the buyer for example wrong fps on the box is there any room for a person to immeadiately downgrade the item and submit the offending spring for destruction? i mean after all its the spring not the actual AEG thats responsible for causing the offence. Is there any disgression allowed on the part of the gardai or are they obliged to follow to the letter of the law.

if it's over 1J, it's destroyed afaik, you cant ask nicely can you have it downgraded

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭HarryHirsch

I've got mine last thurstday from RSOV by TNT. I want to use it at the HRTA, but I couldn't. Paul chroned It at 350 fps. So I downgraded it with an M95 Spring (310fps Link) and I exchanged the gears, piston, pistonhead, bushings with the Element torque up 300% set Link)
    So I think, that I had just luck.

When I receive the the 7mm bushings i will do the same to my DBoys M4 RIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Loobz wrote: »
    Ballistics? Sounds dangerous.

Far from dangerous, it's the department handling any and all projectile ejecting items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭davvowl

monksavage wrote: »
    An dont use TNT there all scumbags.

alas thats not new, btw so is UPS (and too many others... oh well :rolleyes:)

good luck with your aug :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The ones already there are most likely all the UPS kit which has been stopped. UPS got flak a while ago for actually handing stuff in to customs, not waiting for screening, they may be doing it again.:mad:

Also, that stuffs been there for more than a month now.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IronWolf

Can't stand either TNT or UPS, I've always had the best luck with speedpost EMS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭davvowl

EMS = probably the best shipping company in the world :)

example from last week :

$1000 worth group order sent to redwolfairsoft on tuesday late evening
    tracking number issued folowing morning (redwolf = very fast too)
    parcel reaches france during the night of the same day

wtf, speedhack :D

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

kdouglas wrote: »
    not sure what the hold up is on them getting tested though

Priorities, (more sinister sh*t to be testing)remember a fair bit of what went in favour of the 1 joule rule was the time ballistics were spending testing airsofts as firearms. (note testing as firearms more involved then simple chrono)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Priorities, (more sinister sh*t to be testing)remember a fair bit of what went in favour of the 1 joule rule was the time ballistics were spending testing airsofts as firearms. (note testing as firearms more involved then simple chrono)

They could save themselves a good bit of hassle by simply getting a good chrono and some .2g bb's. Clear the lot in a hour. If it pass's a chrono test there is no need for ballistics tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

krazy_8s wrote: »
    They could save themselves a good bit of hassle by simply getting a good chrono and some .2g bb's. Clear the lot in a hour. If it pass's a chrono test there is no need for ballistics tests.
    I wouldn't mind doing that job for the gardai hehe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

zero19 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind doing that job for the gardai hehe :D

Trust me...it gets boring *very* quickly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Shiva wrote: »
    Trust me...it gets boring *very* quickly :)

and so speaks the man with the real experience of that 'gift'....LOL..

krazy_8s wrote: »

That is all they will do with it. Thats the difference in time I was refering to, if said item was found to be a firearm (plus 1 joule) they would have to give the full monty as they had to when ALL were classified as firearms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

That is all they will do with it. Thats the difference in time I was refering to, if said item was found to be a firearm (plus 1 joule) they would have to give the full monty as they had to when ALL were classified as firearms.

They wouldn't just destroy it and leave it at that ?

What other tests could they run on it ? I don't know much ( almost nothing in fact ) about Real Steel, but I kinda had an impression that any ballistics tests you'd run on a real firearm couldn't be run on an airsoft device ?

And even if they could, what point would there be ?

Shiva wrote: »
    They wouldn't just destroy it and leave it at that ?

What other tests could they run on it ? I don't know much ( almost nothing in fact ) about Real Steel, but I kinda had an impression that any ballistics tests you'd run on a real firearm couldn't be run on an airsoft device ?

And even if they could, what point would there be ?

Every "firearm" has to have a FULL report! Paperwork!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Paperwork!

Its that ol' devil called paperwork again!

It doesnt matter what line of work you're in, it follows you around!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

i just ordered from rsov..and used tnt...is that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Not sure yet if its good or bad but we'll know in a bit.

If it is over the limit it will probably be kept, AS EVIDENCE of the illegal import of firearms. Anybody know the penalties for such a crime?

Not sure yet if its good or bad but we'll know in a bit.

If it is over the limit it will probably be kept, AS EVIDENCE of the illegal import of firearms. Anybody know the penalties for such a crime?

feck all would happen, make a statement that it stated 1 Joule and purchased in good faith and sign form revoking any claim of ownership allowing it to be destroyed or used for training. If even that, for that would be even more unwanted paperwork.

oh sorry it was only 2 mags n a battery!

oh sorry it was only 2 mags and a battery!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭monksavage

YEE HAW! Finally got this back, minus a charger and manual mind you!
    Was tested and passed OK bout 6 weeks ago but because of a lack of communication within the baracks in the airport had to wait untill now to collect it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭budda15c

monksavage wrote: »
    YEE HAW! Finally got this back, minus a charger and manual mind you!
    Was tested and passed OK bout 6 weeks ago but because of a lack of communication within the baracks in the airport had to wait untill now to collect it :pac:

So were waiting the guts of 5 months for it.. Thats a disgrace....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Conor-Mr2 wrote: »
    Its that ol' devil called paperwork again!

It doesnt matter what line of work you're in, it follows you around!! :(

I work in IT, no paper there....

Good to hear about your AEG's, but a few months is a bit harsh. Kinda points out one of the four major flaws with buying abroad.

Delivery
    Vat
    Ballistics
    AEG Destruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

I work in IT, no paper there....QUOTE]

you're lucky then...I also work in IT, It Security to be precise. There plenty of paperwork here...policies, procedures, reports... :(

Anyway on topic its good to see that the airsoft marker finally was released!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

1up

Advertisement