Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katy French.........

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

I'm on Claire's side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭ivorygal

In fairness to Katy (something I never thought I'd say!). She is only 23 - very young, so I can understand why she might put her foot in her mouth. At 23 you don't always know the right thing to say.

I heard her being interviewed on 2fm's Will Leahy Show - and was very surprised at how well she spoke - I'd only ever seen in the Sunday Independent before that and she came across very well on air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭CarolLorraine

You have to feel sorry for her though after this:

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/clinging-to-life-1237930.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

Rip

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ang

She isn't dead. Just heard on the RTE news that the HSE have released a statement saying she is still in a critical condition.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

ivorygal wrote: »
    In fairness to Katy (something I never thought I'd say!). She is only 23 - very young, so I can understand why she might put her foot in her mouth. At 23 you don't always know the right thing to say.
    Apparently she's actually in her early 30s. She seems a good deal older than 23/24 all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Dudess wrote: »
    Apparently she's actually in her early 30s. She seems a good deal older than 23/24 all right.

She let The Star print a copy of her passport with her date of birth on it and that says she's 24...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Dudess wrote: »

She was only 24 last week...apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

MayMay wrote: »
    Why did she give out about Claire Byrne in the article? What did Claire Byrne do??

She's better looking !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

TheGooner wrote: »
    She was only 24 last week...apparently.

Jaysus,a woman lying about her age, what next?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Oh dear feel a bit bad about that rant now.:o
    Really hope she gets better and makes a speedy recovery. Get well soon Katy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

panda100 wrote: »
    Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Why?

So she can rant about her again.:)

I have nothing against the girl, dont know anything about her so no reason to, but I dont go in for all this dont speak ill of the dead/dieing rubbish. If someone is a **** and I think they are a **** I'll say it, regardless of their situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Stekelly wrote: »
    I have nothing against the girl, dont know anything about her so no reason to, but I dont go in for all this dont speak ill of the dead/dieing rubbish. If someone is a **** and I think they are a **** I'll say it, regardless of their situation.
    Exactly. You either hold those views or you don't.

Didn't really know anything about the girl other than she's an Irish model so I was surprised at all the media attention her illness was getting. Sorry for her trouble and all but......meh.

panda100 wrote: »
    Really hope she gets better and makes a speedy recovery. Get well soon Katy :)
    Yeah, sorry but that's nonsense. If she gets better you'll start moaning about her again because it'll be "ok". Her being ill doesn't change the person she was before becoming ill.
    Although I saw an even sillier comment on the locked thread:
    It would be a shame to kick the bucket having overdosed
    A "shame" - same meaning as "pity". The phrase one might use about the time they returned something quite expensive to the shop but it was just past the deadline for returns. A really appropriate figure of speech to use in the event of a young death.
    especially since she is not too old
    Did I say "young" referring to this girl supposedly aged 24? Sorry, my mistake. I should have described her as "not too old". Of course 24 isn't young at all, but in fairness, it's not too old. And say, if she WAS too old - i.e. early 30s - well then it wouldn't be such a "shame" if she died.
    I mean, what are all these 80-something-year-olds doing alive? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 NáBí

KF's illness?????? are we that naive???

still hopes she gets better- you may dislike someone but that doesn't mean you wish them ill. That only demeans you!!!!

Well we know it's not just as simple as her suddenly becoming ill inexplicably but we can't speculate yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Succinctly put Dudess ;)

You're a sly bunch, digging up this old thread when the other one is closed...

Stekelly wrote: »

Fair enough if someone has been a complete tool to you, or they are a convicted murder, a child molester etc
    But if your opinion is based on a halfbaked perception of a media persona, or any other insignifigant connection.
    Then I think there is something fundementally missing from your sense of common decency, if you feel the need to bitch about a person in their hour of need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

some one is ill here regardless of how they got sick in the first place! does anyone have any cop on at all ! i don't think so! like i am not a fan of Katy French but i hope she is ok, she is somebody's daughter and sister and it's about time that some of yous had the cop on to understand that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I'm locking this thread and re-opening the other one so that there isn't duplication.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement